Florida Farm Bureau is part of the Farm Bureau network of insurance companies. Its parent company, Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company, was founded in 1920. Florida Farm Bureau sells a variety of insurance products through two underwriters, Florida Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company and Florida Farm Bureau General Insurance Company.
With Florida Farm Bureau, customers can take advantage of excellent customer service, as well as personalized agent interactions. The company operates primarily in person through a network of local agents. In order to get insurance through Florida Farm Bureau, you must have a Farm Bureau membership, which supports farmers and agricultural organizations in the state.
Florida Farm Bureau car insurance
Florida Farm Bureau offers robust auto insurance policies. Any Florida driver who is a Farm Bureau member can purchase coverage. You can get a quote by visiting the website or by calling an agent directly.
Types of coverage
Florida Farm Bureau offers minimum and full coverage car insurance policies. There are only a couple of enhancements available, but they are added to your full coverage policy free of charge. Here are the available endorsements:
- Pet injury coverage: Pet injury coverage provides up to $500 in vet fee reimbursement if your dog or cat is injured in an accident. To be eligible for this endorsement, you must have collision coverage.
- Transportation expense coverage: If you have physical damage coverage, the transportation expense endorsement is included on your policy. If your car breaks down more than 100 miles away from home, this coverage would pay for commercial transportation fares, extra meals and lodging, up to the policy’s limit.
Cost of Florida Farm Bureau car insurance
According to Bankrate’s 2022 study of quoted annual premiums, the average annual car insurance premium in the U.S. is $1,674 per year for full coverage. However, auto insurance premiums are unique to each individual, based on personal factors including your driving record, policy limits and car insurance company.
In the table below, we have included the average annual full coverage and minimum coverage premiums for Farm Bureau Insurance, which are slightly cheaper than the national average rate. To get a quote for Florida Farm Bureau car insurance specifically, you can call a local agent.
Average annual Farm Bureau Insurance rates
|Average annual premium for minimum coverage||Average annual premium for full coverage|
Florida Farm Bureau offers a handful of discounts for drivers who want to lower their premium. The discounts available include:
- Multi-vehicle: If you insure more than one vehicle on your Florida Farm Bureau policy, you could get a cheaper premium.
- Claim-free: Drivers who have no recent insurance claims may qualify for a lower rate.
- Account: Account discounts can help you get a cheaper rate for enrolling in paperless billing statements and signing up for automatic payments.
Florida Farm Bureau home insurance
Florida Farm Bureau sells basic homeowners insurance policies. The company does not advertise any endorsements, which many larger home insurance companies offer. To get a quote, you must contact an agent directly.
Types of coverage
Through Florida Farm Bureau, you can get standard home insurance coverage types, including:
- Dwelling coverage: Dwelling coverage pays to repair your home’s structure after a covered peril, like a wildfire or hail storm.
- Personal property coverage: Personal property coverage pays to repair or replace damaged personal belongings, like furniture and appliances.
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage would help pay for your legal defense if you get sued for property damage or bodily injury that occurred on your property.
- Medical payments coverage: Medical payments coverage helps pay for someone else’s medical expenses if they get hurt on your property.
- Additional living expenses: Additional living expenses pays for temporary housing, meals and parking if your home is being repaired after a covered claim.
Florida Farm Bureau does not advertise any home insurance discounts. You could reach out to the company directly to find out if there are any ways to save on homeowners insurance.
Florida Farm Bureau life insurance
Florida Farm Bureau offers a term and whole life insurance policies. However, the website lacks general information about what the policies cover. To get life insurance from Florida Farm Bureau, you must work with an agent to get a quote and purchase coverage.
Types of policies offered
Florida Farm Bureau has two life insurance policies. There are no riders advertised on the website. Here are the coverage options available:
- Term life insurance: Term life insurance offers coverage for a specific period of time, usually between five and 30 years. It has level premiums and a guaranteed death benefit.
- Whole life insurance: Whole life insurance is permanent coverage that has a guaranteed death benefit, as long as premiums are paid, and builds cash value. It is typically more expensive than term life insurance.
Florida Farm Bureau ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Florida Farm Bureau Insurance reviews are difficult to find because it is a smaller company. It does not appear in any J.D Power studies and it is not rated by Standard & Poor’s (S&P). However, the company has an A- (Excellent) financial strength rating from AM Best, which speaks to its strong history of being able to pay out claims.
Reasons Florida Farm Bureau insurance is a good option
Florida Farm Bureau may be a good option for Floridians who are looking for an insurance company with excellent customer service. The Farm Bureau network of companies is dedicated to providing personalized service, which many large car insurance carriers may not be able to provide.
However, keep in mind that Florida Farm Bureau’s policies are fairly basic. You will not find as many endorsements or discounts as you might with a larger provider.
Additional policies offered by Florida Farm Bureau
In addition to auto, home and life insurance, Florida Farm Bureau also sells flood insurance.
Frequently asked questions
Does Florida Farm Bureau have a mobile app?
Yes, Florida Farm Bureau does have a free mobile app. Through the app, you can file claims, contact an agent, request roadside assistance and view your ID cards.
How much does a Farm Bureau membership cost?
The Farm Bureau membership fee depends on your county. You can visit the Florida Farm Bureau website to purchase a membership, which you must do before you apply for an insurance policy.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a cleaning driving record, good credit and the following full coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverages that meet each state’s requirements. Our sample drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually.
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes may be different.