United States residents living in the midwest or northeast can find the homeowners and auto insurance coverage they need through Ohio Mutual. For more than a century, this insurance provider has offered the comprehensive coverage solutions that residents need to remain protected from life’s unforeseen events. Boasting great financial strength, excellent customer satisfaction and a broad range of unique coverage options, Ohio Mutual makes a great choice for those shopping for coverage.
Ohio Mutual car insurance
Ohio Mutual offers a broad range of coverage options to its auto insurance policyholders. Not only does the company provide affordable solutions with their base rates, but they also offer many available discounts to help customers save even more on their coverage needs.
Types of coverage
Ohio Mutual’s auto insurance coverage options include:
- Liability coverage: This is the basic bodily injury and property damage coverage legally required for the state in which you live.
- Medical payments coverage: This coverage option pays for medical expenses for yourself and/or the other person(s) involved in the accident.
- Uninsured & underinsured motorist property damage: If you get into an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, you’ll be protected with this property damage coverage option.
- Towing & labor coverage: Also known as roadside assistance, drivers will have access to the help they need when they need it if they choose this coverage option with their auto insurance policy.
- Accidental death benefit: Should you die during an automotive accident, your beneficiaries will receive a death benefit if you signed up for the accidental death benefit coverage option during enrollment.
- New vehicle coverage: Policyholders can protect the value of their newly purchased vehicle through Ohio Mutual’s new vehicle coverage option.
- Increased limits equipment coverage: For vehicles featuring excess sound-reproducing equipment, Ohio Mutual provides increased coverage limits.
- CDs & other media coverage: If personal property like CDs get damaged in an accident, you’ll have the coverage you need to replace the damaged items.
Available discounts for Ohio Mutual auto insurance include:
- Trucks & sport utility vehicles: Receive a discount for owning a truck or SUV.
- Anti-theft discount: If your vehicle is equipped with a qualifying anti-theft device, you’ll receive a discount on your policy.
- Senior driver discount: Drivers older than 60 years and who have completed an approved motor vehicle accident prevention course are eligible to receive a special discount.
- Good student & away to school discount: Students that provide consistently good report cards or that go away to college may receive a discount on their policy.
- 4-Wheel antilock brakes: If your vehicle has these brakes installed, you’re eligible for a discount.
- Active or passive restraint devices: Drivers that have these devices installed in their vehicles can receive a discount on their insurance coverage.
- Multi-vehicle policy: If you insure more than one vehicle with Ohio Mutual, you’ll receive a discount on your policy.
Ohio Mutual Home Insurance
Homeowners living in certain states in the northeast and midwest can find the insurance coverage they need to protect their personal property at Ohio Mutual. The provider offers a broad range of coverage options that meet the regional needs of these states while prioritizing affordability. Policyholders can further increase their savings if they are eligible for Ohio Mutual’s available homeowners’ insurance discounts.
Types of Coverage
Ohio Mutual offers the following coverage options to homeowners in Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont:
- Standard homeowners insurance coverage: Through their standard homeowners insurance products, Ohio Mutual covers damages caused by windstorms, hail, riots, civil commotion, vehicles, vandalism, malicious mischief, fire, lightning, explosion, aircraft, sudden and accidental smoke damage and identity theft expenses.
- Replacement plus: Covers the replacement costs for the contents of your home, including personal items like furniture, computers and clothing.
- Replacement guarantee for dwelling: In the event your home is irreparably damaged, the replacement guarantee coverage for your dwelling will cover the cost of replacing your home.
- Earthquake coverage: Any damages caused by earthquakes to your home’s structure or your property will be covered if you opt-in for earthquake coverage.
- Liability coverage: For homeowners renting out a seasonal or permanent residence, liability coverage will provide peace of mind for any damages incurred by the tenants.
- Sewer back-up & drains: If your home experiences sewage back-up or has problems with the main sewer drain, your Ohio Mutual policy will cover the repair costs if you have the sewer back-up and drains add-on option.
- Incidental business exposure: Remote workers and those who operate businesses out of their homes can find the coverage they need with this unique add-on coverage option through Ohio Mutual.
- Waterbed liability: If you have a waterbed that leaks and causes damage to your home or personal property, you’ll be covered under the waterbed liability policy.
- Inland marine coverage: This policy further protects your personal property by covering scheduled items like jewelry, fine arts, furs, guns and collectibles.
Homeowners can receive discounts for the following through Ohio Mutual:
- Safety equipment: If your home is equipped with qualifying safety equipment, you’ll receive a discount on your homeowners’ insurance policy.
- Age of home: Homeowners living in a dwelling that is less than 20 years old will receive a discount since their home has a lower risk profile due to its age.
- Multi-policy: By bundling your auto and home insurance policies with Ohio Mutual, you’ll be eligible for a discount.
- New home/under construction: For homeowners building a new home, Ohio Mutual will provide a discount since the home will be up-to-date on all necessary safety codes.
Reasons Why Ohio Mutual is a Good Option
Ohio Mutual provides a great option for families located in the midwest and the northeastern United States. Not only does the company offer many coverage options that are unique to the specific region they serve, but they also feature great customer satisfaction and financial strength. Since Ohio Mutual only covers Connecticut, Indiana, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont, this provider is ideal for those living in more rural regions within these states — especially since they can take advantage of the provider’s available farm protection products.
One drawback to Ohio Mutual is that they do not provide specialty auto insurances for vehicles like motorcycles, RVs, or boats. The provider also makes no mention of mobile or modular homeowners’ insurance policies, which could present a problem for some homeowners. If you live in a modular or mobile home, have a specialty vehicle or are looking for a one-stop shop for auto, home and life insurance, Ohio Mutual may not be your best bet.
Ohio Mutual Ratings, Reviews, Customer Satisfaction & Complaints
While Ohio Mutual is not currently rated by J.D. Power, the company does boast strong ratings from AM Best, Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Featuring an A rating for financial strength from AM Best, Ohio Mutual was also named among the top 50 insurers in the country by Ward Group for 2019 – 2020, according to the company website. The company has been accredited through BBB since October 2010 and has received an A+ rating through the organization. According to a recent NAIC report on Ohio Mutual, the company boasts one of the lowest company complaint indexes at 0.37 (the national average is 1).
|Better Business Bureau||A+|
Additional Policies Offered by Ohio Mutual
- Farm Protection
- Business Protection
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to get a quote from Ohio Mutual?
Unfortunately, Ohio Mutual does not offer a free online quote tool like many other insurance providers. To receive a quote, customers will need to call 800-686-3011.
How do I file a claim with Ohio Mutual?
Ohio Mutual policyholders can submit a claim by contacting the 24-hour Loss Reporting Center at 888-895-7725, or by visiting the 360access® portal available to existing policyholders online.