While rewards credit cards can help you rack up points and miles all year long, the best credit card offers come and go. Some issuers roll out special promotions that only last for a few months, and we all know that credit card welcome bonuses fluctuate as time goes on.
If your goal is to boost the amount of rewards and credit card discounts you get throughout the year, it pays to be strategic in terms of how you use your cards and which new credit cards you sign up for.
Our comprehensive guide aims to keep you up-to-date on the best credit card bonus offers and seasonal promotions. By signing up for a new card from our list or taking advantage of the best credit card promotions of the moment, you can get the most bang for your buck from your rewards credit cards this year.
Top card promotions by issuer
- American Express promotions
- Chase promotions
- Discover promotions
- Capital One promotions
- Citi promotions
- Bank of America promotions
American Express promotions
American Express credit card offerings include an array of cash back credit cards, premium travel credit cards and business credit cards. While some of their rewards cards only let you earn statement credits, others offer American Express Membership Rewards points, which can be redeemed for statement credits, merchandise, travel, transfers to Amex airline and hotel partners and more.
Some American Express credit cards also pave the way for special savings and discounts, which you should take advantage of if you can.
Limited-time American Express introductory offers
There are no introductory offers at this time.
Other special intro bonus offers from American Express
|Card name||Offer details|
|American Express® Gold Card||
|Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express||
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||
Additional American Express promotions
- Existing Marriott Bonvoy and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card Members who enroll between July 14 and September 15, 2021, will be able to earn 6X Marriott Bonvoy points (up to 4 additional points) for each dollar of eligible purchases on car rentals purchased directly from select car rental companies, flights booked directly with airlines, gas at U.S. gas stations and transit (including purchases on taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, and buses). Cardholders who enroll will be able to earn up to 10,000 points in each category for a total of up to 40,000 points through Sept. 30, 2021. Terms apply.
- The Rose Gold Amex is currently available to both new and existing U.S. cardmembers (no referral required).
- Starting Feb. 4, 2021, new and existing Amex Gold cardmembers get up to $120 Uber Cash (up to $10 monthly credits in Uber Cash): Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year. Terms apply.
- Starting Jan. 10, 2021, owners of Amex Platinum, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, Amex Gold and American Express® Business Gold Card can get a Hotel Collection complimentary night or property credit (worth $150 or more) when booking an eligible stay at participating properties via Amex Travel. Terms apply.
- Also, beginning Jan. 10, 2021, Amex Gold and Business Gold cardmembers can obtain a Fine Hotels + Resorts Complimentary Night or property credit (worth $250 or more) when booking an eligible stay at Fine Hotels + Resorts properties via Amex Travel. Terms apply.
- All U.S. American Express cardmembers enrolled in the Membership Rewards program can Pay with Points (or collect 2X Membership Rewards points) on prepaid car rentals booked through Amex Travel. Offer begins Jan. 10, 2021.
- Apply for an exclusive Uber Eats Pass if you have the Amex Platinum, the Amex Gold Card or the Amex Green Card. This pass retails for $119 (based on the $9.99 monthly price over 12 months), and it gives you unlimited $0 free delivery and 5 percent off orders over $15 at eligible restaurants (taxes and service fees may apply and do not count toward order minimum). You must enroll by Dec. 31, 2021. Uber Eats Pass will auto-bill starting 12 months from initial enrollment in this offer, at the then-current monthly rate. Terms apply.
- Targeted American Express cardholders can cover charges by redeeming Membership Rewards points at a 40% discount on the redemption.
- Check your credit card account for Amex Offers, which includes special discounts and rewards opportunities with select retailers.
- There are also various statement credit-earning opportunities for U.S. consumer and business co-branded Delta, Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy Amex cards. Through Dec. 31, 2021, get up to $220 in statement credits on U.S. restaurant purchases (including takeout and delivery) or U.S. wireless telephone services.
Chase boasts some of the best credit card offers in the business year-round, and that’s especially true when it comes to their travel credit cards and cash back cards. Also, note that, when it comes to Chase credit cards, you have access to a broad range of redemption opportunities for your points, ranging from cash back to statement credits, gift cards, merchandise or travel.
Limited-time Chase introductory offers
|Card name||Offer details|
|United℠ Explorer Card||
|United Gateway℠ Card||
|United℠ Business Card||
Special intro bonus offers from Chase
|Card name||Offer details|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||
|Chase Sapphire Reserve®||
|Chase Freedom Flex℠||
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||
|Ink Business Cash® Credit Card||
|Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card||
|Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||
|IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card||
|World of Hyatt Credit Card||
|Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card*||
|Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card*||
Additional Chase promotions
- My Chase Plan – $0 fee and no interest on travel purchases: Chase cardmembers can now use My Chase Plan to set up equal monthly payments (3-18 months) for any travel purchase of $100 or more and Chase will waive the monthly fee. Cardmembers will still earn rewards for those purchases as they normally would. To qualify for the $0 fee on travel purchases, cardmembers must activate their My Chase Plan by 8/31. Cardmember travel can be at a future date after 8/31.
- Marriott – 50% point transfer premium in Ultimate Rewards: Eligible Chase cardmembers’ points are worth 50% more when transferred to Marriott Bonvoy in Ultimate Rewards. Eligible Chase cardmembers with UR point transfer: Sapphire Preferred, Reserve and Ink Preferred.
- From July 2, 2021 to September 30, 2021, Chase Freedom, Freedom Flex, Freedom Unlimited and Freedom Student cardmembers will have the option to apply Ultimate Rewards points to pay for all or a portion of their dining purchases up to a total of $250. Cardmembers will get paid back with a statement credit through the Pay Yourself Back tool in the Chase Mobile App and online. Ultimate Reward points will be worth 10% more when redeemed for up to $250 in dining purchases.
- All eligible Chase cardmembers are now able to use Pay Yourself Back to apply points and receive a statement credit for all, or a portion, of a ride purchased through Lyft’s “Fund a Ride” program through Sept. 30, 2021.
- From April 1, 2021, to September 30, 2021, Chase Ink Business Preferred® & Chase Ink Business Plus® cardmembers who opt in for accelerated earn and utilize Pay Yourself Back can redeem points worth 25% more on shipping and home improvement purchases. New spending categories have also been added, including Internet, cable and phone services – all worth 25% more as well.
- Through September 30, 2021, Chase Ink Cash®, Chase Ink Business Cash® and Chase Ink Business Unlimited® cardmember’s points are worth 10% more when redeemed for Internet, cable and phone services.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve® members’ points are worth 25 percent or 50 percent more through Sept. 30, 2021, when Sapphire cardholders redeem the points for purchases with Chase Dining.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers can earn a $300 annual travel credit for travel purchases; through Dec. 31, 2021, gas station and grocery store purchases will also count toward earning this travel credit.
- With the Chase Freedom Flex, you can earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers get a DashPass membership with free delivery on DoorDash purchases of $12 or more, as well as up to $120 in DoorDash credits in 2020 and 2021, in the form of $60 in credits each year (if activated using your card by Dec. 31, 2021). Cardmembers also receive a Lyft Pink membership that comes with a 15 percent discount on rides and other benefits (if activated using your card by March 31, 2022).
- Cardmembers with an eligible Chase co-branded card get a complimentary DashPass membership for 1 full year (over $100 value) through December 31, 2021.
- Cardmembers with an eligible Chase co-branded card can now earn 5x on purchases starting May 15, 2021 until August 15, 2021, up to $1,500. Special bonuses vary by card and apply mainly to travel and gas spending.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers can also qualify for up to $120 back on eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through Dec. 31, 2021. Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card customers will get up to $60 back on eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through Dec. 31, 2021. Additionally, Chase Sapphire is offering 5X to 10X points on Peloton bikes and treads (starting March 30, 2021).
- From June 15 through September 15, 2021, World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 25% of redeemed points back as Bonus Points on qualifying awards including Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services at participating hotels, resorts or residences around the globe in Hyatt’s independent collection brands, including The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt and JdV by Hyatt. To participate, register for the promotion between June 3 and Aug. 20, 2021, redeem your points for qualifying awards and complete your stay between June 15 and Sept. 15, 2021.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred cardmembers also qualify for a one-year DashPass membership (if activated using your card by Dec. 31, 2021).
- Chase ‘Pay Yourself Back’ feature has been extended through Sept. 30, 2021. Chase Sapphire Reserve and Sapphire Preferred cardholders can get 50 percent or 25 percent more value for their points, respectively, when redeeming points to cover purchases at grocery stores, restaurants and home improvement stores or contributions to select charities.
- Chase Freedom Flex, Chase Freedom Unlimited and old Chase Freedom® cardmembers can get 25 percent more value for their points when redeeming for charitable contributions.
- Earn between 5X and 10X points on all Lyft rides through March 2022 with select Chase credit cards.
- Eligible Chase cardholders can enroll here for a free ShopRunner membership, which includes free two-day shipping from participating merchants.
- Check your Chase credit card account for Chase Offers, which include special discounts and deals with participating restaurants, retailers and more.
Discover credit cards are rewarding all-year long since they offer cash back rewards on all your spending, and some offer unique bonus categories that change throughout the year. Also, be aware that Discover cards don’t charge annual fees or any foreign transaction fees.
Limited-time Discover introductory offers
***No limited-time intro offers currently available from Discover.
Other special intro bonus offers from Discover
|Card name||Offer details|
|Discover it® Cash Back||
Additional Discover promotions
- Discover it® Cash Back and Discover it® Student Cash Back are currently offering 5 percent back this quarter on the first $1,500 you spend at restaurants and paying with PayPal through September 30, 2021, after which you’ll earn 1 percent back. Activation is required.
- Refer a friend to the Discover it Cash Back, Discover it Student Cash Back, Discover it® chrome, Discover it® Student chrome or Discover More® Card and earn a $50 referral bonus. A maximum of 10 referrals ($500) applies per calendar year.
Capital One promotions
Capital One offers some of the most flexible travel credit cards available today, and that’s on top of the cash back credit cards they offer to consumers with fair to excellent credit. Also, note that Capital One credit cards never charge foreign transaction fees, so they can help you avoid unnecessary charges when you use your credit card abroad.
Limited-time Capital One introductory offers
***No limited-time intro offers are currently available from Capital One.
Other special intro bonus offers from Capital One
|Card name||Offer details|
|Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card||
|Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®||
Additional Capital One promotions
- Eligible Capital One credit cards are also letting you redeem your rewards for purchases made through Amazon.com. You must link your Capital One credit card to be eligible for this offer.
- Capital One customers with the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card can earn 8 percent cash back on Vivid Seats purchases from March 19, 2019, through Jan. 31, 2022.
Citi also offers plenty of rewards and travel credit cards, including co-branded credit cards with American Airlines and Costco. If you’re curious how you can save money or earn more rewards with Citi credit cards right now, explore the offers we highlight below.
Limited-time Citi introductory offers
*** Unfortunately, there are no current limited-time offers for Citi credit cards.
Additional Citi promotions
*** Unfortunately, there are no additional Citi promotions at this time.
Bank of America promotions
If you’re hoping to take advantage of Bank of America credit card offers, you should find out which ones currently have the best bonuses and ongoing rewards promotions. Fortunately, Bank of America offers a range of travel credit cards, cash back credit cards and general rewards cards geared to the average consumer.
Limited-time Bank of America introductory offers
*** Unfortunately, there are no current limited-time offers for Bank of America credit cards.
Additional Bank of America promotions
- The Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card lets you choose the category you earn the most rewards in, with options that include gas, online shopping, dining, travel, drugstores or home improvement/furnishings. As a cardholder, you can earn 3 percent back in your chosen category and 2 percent back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs on combined spending of $2,500 per quarter in 3 percent and 2 percent categories (then 1 percent back).
- The Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card allows cardholders to earn 2 points for every $1 spent on grocery store purchases through Dec. 31, 2021.
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards members can earn 25 percent to 75 percent more rewards for each dollar they spend.
- Active Bank of America, Merrill or Bank of America Private Bank (U.S. Trust) credit or debit cardholders with photo ID can qualify for one free general admission to participating museums the first full weekend of the month through the Museums on Us® promotion. Special exhibitions and fundraising events are excluded.
Credit card changes amid coronavirus
While the offers we highlight on this page are good ones, you should also keep your eye out for new credit card promotions that appear due to the pandemic. In response to changes in the way Americans are spending due to the coronavirus, we’ve seen quite a few card issuers roll out special rewards rates for everyday spending as well as new welcome bonus offers.
Make sure to check this page frequently for updates on the best limited-time and special promotional credit card offers for individuals and businesses.
The information about the Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®, Citi Prestige® Card, United Explorer Card, Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card, World of Hyatt Credit Card, IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card, Marriott Bonvoy Boundless, Marriott Bonvoy Bold and American Express® Green Card, Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card, Chase Ink Business Plus®, Chase Ink Cash®, and Chase Ink Business Unlimited® has been collected independently by Bankrate.com. The card details have not been reviewed or approved by the card issuer.