The Freedom National insurance company has been offering car insurance in Arizona, California and Utah since 1999. The auto insurance company offers a long list of coverage options for the standard driver, but also specializes in affordable options for new drivers and high-risk drivers. With deep knowledge of its covered states’ required minimums, Freedom National could offer you a car insurance policy and help you tailor your coverage so that you are protected properly in case of an accident. Bankrate’s Freedom National insurance review provides a more in-depth look at its available coverage and offers insight on the type of drivers it may be most beneficial for.
Freedom National car insurance
Freedom National offers a good range of car insurance coverage options to its customers, ranging from basic to full coverage, with some other options available. One of the company’s differentiating factors is that it is willing to work with high-risk drivers who have a:
- At-fault accident on their driving record
- DUI conviction
- Lapse in their insurance coverage
- Lower credit score (in applicable states)
- SR-22 filing
- Traffic violation within the past five years
High-risk drivers looking for affordable coverage will enjoy the options available to them through Freedom National.
Types of coverage
Included among Freedom National’s car insurance coverage options are the following:
- Collision coverage: This coverage option provides financial protection when you’ve been involved in an auto accident that results in damage to your vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage: As the name implies, comprehensive coverage offers financial protection from additional emergencies, such as vandalism, theft and fallen objects that may cause damage to your vehicle.
- Liability coverage: Composed of two essential components, liability contains bodily injury coverage to help prevent drivers from paying out-of-pocket for another person’s medical expenses and property damage coverage to help cover vehicle repairs of the other involved driver. Drivers are required to have a certain amount of liability coverage to drive legally in most states.
- Medical payments: This optional coverage is available to help cover your medical or funeral expenses that result from a covered accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): This coverage, often required in no-fault states, covers medical expenses you incur as a result of a car accident. Things like medical expenses, lost wages and child care may all be covered under this.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: If your vehicle is unusable following an accident, this coverage option could cover the cost of a rental car until your vehicle is repaired.
- Towing coverage: Also known as roadside assistance by some other insurance carriers, this auto insurance coverage add-on provides towing services in the event your car breaks down.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection: If you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, this coverage option can help cover the cost of any medical treatments you need as a result of the accident.
Though Freedom National does not show available auto insurance discounts on its website, these common discounts may be available and could help bring down the already affordable rates even further:
- Claims-free discount: If you keep your driving record clean and avoid filing claims, you could save when it comes time to renew your policy.
- Defensive driving discount: Drivers who take a qualifying defensive driving course may receive a discount on their policy.
- Good student discount: High-school and college-aged drivers who maintain a good GPA can also usually earn discounts on their insurance rates.
- Multi-car discount: By insuring multiple vehicles under your Freedom National auto insurance policy, you might be able to save on your monthly premium.
- Pay-in-full: Pay for your auto insurance policy in full at the time of enrollment to potentially wipe out your monthly premium altogether.
- Safe driver discount: Drivers with a clean driving history may save on their premiums.
Where does Freedom National operate?
Freedom National car insurance is not available nationwide like some insurance companies. Instead, the insurer focuses on offering auto insurance coverage in just a few states with a deep knowledge of their driving and insurance requirements. Freedom National is able to offer affordable coverage for many high-risk drivers and those with a clean driving history in these western states:
Freedom National ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction & complaints
Freedom National has been an established name in the auto insurance industry for more than 20 years. Despite this, the company does not appear in the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) database, nor is it rated by AM Best, Standard & Poor’s or J.D. Power, likely because it serves so few states.
Reasons Freedom National is a good option
Arizona, California and Utah drivers with less-than-perfect driving histories are most likely to benefit from auto insurance products offered by Freedom National. Featuring competitive rates with a broad range of coverage options and available discounts, the company prioritizes affordability for those who would otherwise struggle to find coverage in the standard market. Especially if you have a need for an SR-22 filing, have a poor credit score or an otherwise checkered driving history, Freedom National may be a good option for maintaining the minimum coverage requirements within your state at an affordable price.
According to Freedom National, the company prides itself on its excellent customer service, though it has mixed reviews with third-party vendors. With extensive knowledge on the laws and needs of drivers in Arizona, California and Utah, Freedom National also offers convenience, fast online quotes and flexibility with payment plans.
Frequently asked questions
How do I request a quote from Freedom National?
Freedom National allows customers to request a quote and purchase a policy 100% online. Simply enter your ZIP code into the online quote tool to begin shopping for auto insurance coverage. Have your personal information handy, including driver’s license number, VIN for your vehicles, address and coverage details for your existing policy to get an accurate quote.
How do I file a claim through Freedom National?
The claims filing process works a little differently depending on the state in which you live. In order to file a claim with the correct department, customers will need to dial the phone number that correlates to their policy number:
- Policies starting with HAZ, HAJ, HUT or HGA: 1-888-823-0888
- Policies starting with WCA: 1-800-758-3311
- Policies starting with CCA: 1-888-542-4222
Does Freedom National offer life insurance?
Freedom National does not offer life insurance products. The auto insurer focuses only on car insurance in Arizona, California and Utah.
Does Freedom National offer home insurance?
No, Freedom National does not offer home insurance. Freedom National offers car insurance for drivers in Arizona, California and Utah.