People seeking affordable car insurance coverage in Arizona, California or Utah may find the solutions they need at Freedom National Insurance. Since 1999, this insurance provider has offered affordable car insurance solutions to drivers throughout these western United States. The company prides itself on providing competitive rates to its customers and specializes in insuring high-risk drivers who may not be able to obtain coverage elsewhere.
Freedom National Car Insurance
Freedom National offers a broad range of car insurance coverage options to its customers ranging from the basic to the comprehensive. One of the company’s differentiating factors is that it is willing to work with high-risk drivers who have a:
- At-fault accident on their driving record
- DUI conviction
- Lapse in their insurance coverage
- Lower credit score
- SR-22 filing
- Traffic violation within the past five years
High-risk drivers looking for affordable coverage will enjoy the options available to them through Freedom National.
Types of Coverage
Included among Freedom National’s car insurance coverage options are the following:
- Collision coverage: This coverage option provides financial protection when you’ve been involved in an auto accident that results in serious damage to your vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage: As the name implies, comprehensive coverage offers protection for additional emergencies, such as vandalism, theft and fallen objects.
- Liability coverage: Composed of two essential components, the bodily injury coverage will protect drivers from paying out-of-pocket for another person’s medical expenses while the property damage coverage will cover the cost of needed vehicle repairs. Drivers are required to have a certain amount of liability coverage to drive legally.
- Medical payments or personal injury protection: This coverage option covers medical expenses you incur indirectly as a result of a car accident. Things like lost wages, childcare planning and medical bills may all be covered under this auto insurance add-on.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: If your vehicle is unusable following an accident, this coverage option will cover the cost of a rental car until your vehicle is repaired.
- Towing coverage: Also known as roadside assistance by some other insurance carriers, this auto insurance coverage add-on provides towing services in the event your car breaks down.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection: If you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, this coverage option will cover the cost of any medical treatments you need as a result of the accident.
In terms of available discounts, Freedom National’s offerings are pretty standard and help bring down the already affordable rates even further:
- Claims-free discount: If you keep your driving record clean and avoid filing claims, you can save 15% when it comes time to renew your policy.
- Defensive driving discount: Older drivers who take a qualifying defensive driving course may receive a discount on their policy.
- Good student discount: High-school and college-aged drivers who maintain a good GPA can also earn discounts on their insurance rates.
- Multi-car discount: By insuring multiple vehicles under your Freedom National auto insurance policy, you can save on your monthly premium.
- Pay-in-full: Pay for your auto insurance policy in-full at the time of enrollment to remove your monthly premium altogether.
- Safe driver discount: Drivers with a clean driving history can receive up to 20% off their premium rates through Freedom National’s Safe Driver Discount.
Freedom National ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction & complaints
Freedom National has been an established name in the auto insurance industry for more than 20 years. Despite this, however, the company does not appear in the National Association of Insurance Commissioners database, nor is it rated by AM Best or J.D. Power’s annual auto insurance survey, likely because it serves so few states.
The only existing data surrounding Freedom National’s customer satisfaction is through the Better Business Bureau (BBB). According to the company’s BBB profile, the insurance carrier has been accredited through the organization since October 2015 and boasts an A+ rating. Even though the BBB has granted the company an A+ rating, Freedom National’s profile is ranked a 1.3/5 stars according to the 10 customer reviews available on their profile. Customer complaints indicate a general dissatisfaction with customer communication.
Reasons Freedom National is a good option
Arizona, California and Utah drivers with less-than-perfect driving histories are best-suited for the auto insurance products offered by Freedom National. Featuring competitive rates with a broad range of coverage options and available discounts, the company prioritizes affordability for those who would otherwise be unable to obtain coverage. Especially if you have a need for an SR-22 filing, have a poor credit score or an otherwise checkered driving history, Freedom National provides a great option for maintaining the minimum coverage requirements within your state at an affordable price.
Frequently asked questions
How do I request a quote for coverage from Freedom National?
Freedom National allows customers to request a quote and purchase a policy 100% online. Simply enter your ZIP code into the online quote tool to begin shopping for auto insurance coverage.
How do I file a claim through Freedom National?
The claims filing process works a little differently depending on the state in which you live. In order to file a claim with the correct department, customers will need to dial the phone number that correlates to their policy number:
- Policies starting with HAZ, HAJ, HUT or HGA: 1-888-823-0888
- Policies starting with WCA: 1-800-758-3311
- Policies starting with CCA: 1-888-542-4222