If you’re an avid traveler, you probably understand the value of loyalty programs with your favorite airlines and hotels. As a member of these loyalty programs, you can earn rewards by spending with the brand, eligible brand partners, and other purchases that might include the brand’s dining or shopping loyalty program, too. Plus, there are a number of travel credit cards that allow you to transfer rewards points to one or more loyalty programs.
As you redeem these rewards, you can enjoy free or heavily discounted flights, hotel stays or other perks and benefits that can give you access to unique experiences and upgraded travel accommodations.
There are many ways to maximize your hotel and airline rewards, including employing a co-branded credit card. You can also keep an eye out for limited-time ways to earn more rewards, as both hotels and airlines frequently offer such incentives.
Alternatively, you can check out special discounts and promotions that let you stretch your points or miles further, saving more for your next trip.
Whatever your strategy for maximizing rewards, check out our ongoing list of deals and promotions from the most popular airline and hotel rewards programs; You might find an offer that’s perfect for you.
Top rewards program promotions by airline or hotel brand
Alaska Airlines promotions
Don’t let the name Alaska Airlines fool you. Alaska Air Group offers flights to more than 115 destinations within the U.S., Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica. In fact, this airline, along with its partner airlines, has more flights to the West Coast than any other airline.
You can begin earning rewards miles with this airline just by flying Alaska Airlines and its partners. But first, you must create a free account with the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. You can also earn rewards using eligible travel credit cards, joining the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining, and with limited-time-offers like this:
- Earn 50,000 miles when you buy or lease a SunPower solar energy solution.
American Airlines promotions
Like most other major hotel and airline companies, you can begin earning rewards miles by signing up for a free American Airlines AAdvantage account and buying flights. Other ways to earn include enrolling in the American Airlines AAdvantage Dining program, using the American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping platform and using an American Airlines credit card or another travel credit card that allows you to earn rewards toward travel that can be transferred to American Airlines.
Noteworthy miles-earning opportunities with American Airlines include:
- Earn up to 10,000 miles per night on select properties when booking your hotel through the American Airlines hotel portal.
- Earn 1 mile per dollar on Apple purchases when you shop through the AAdvantage eShopping mall.
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles on stays at participating Hyatt properties.
- Earn 3 miles per dollar on qualifying Vivid Seats ticket purchases.
- Get up to $700 to spend onboard when you book a Regent Seven Seas cruise through Dec. 31, 2021. You can also earn 1 mile per dollar spent on cruises sailing through 2023, up to 10,000 bonus miles.
You can earn loyalty rewards through Delta Air Lines by opening a free Delta SkyMiles account. You can also sign up for one or more Delta Air Lines credit cards to earn rewards points. Here are some additional promotions Delta is offering as well:
- Earn up to 5 miles per dollar spent on dining – including tax and tip – with SkyMiles Dining.
- Earn 1 mile per dollar on eligible Ticketmaster purchases (events in the U.S. and Canada only) when you purchase them through the Delta link.
- Get 1 mile per dollar spent on qualifying Airbnb purchases.
- Earn 1 mile per dollar spent on Lyft rides in the U.S. (2 miles per dollar on qualifying airport rides) when you link your SkyMiles and Lyft accounts here.
- Earn 1200 miles with HelloFresh and get $90 off your first box when you purchase through SkyMiles Shopping (eligible for new customers only).
Frontier Miles is the frequent flyer program of Frontier Airlines, and it works like many other airline loyalty programs. Signing up for Frontier Miles is free, and the program offers elite status tiers and additional ways to earn rewards.
You can earn by spending with Frontier travel partners and by using the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard. Here are some current promotions and offers from Frontier Airlines.
- Earn 50 miles per ride for SuperShuttle “Blue Van” airport ground transportation or 150 miles per ride for ExecuCar private, luxury sedan service when making reservations online.
- Earn 50 miles per rental day for rentals of 1-4 days or 500 miles for rentals of 5 days or longer on qualifying rentals with Alamo.
- Earn 10 Frontier Miles per dollar at Teleflora. Use promo code: DEFAULT
JetBlue’s loyalty program, TrueBlue, rewards program is a frequent flyer program that lets members earn rewards points for free flights across the U.S., Latin America, the Caribbean and London in the U.K. TrueBlue members can earn rewards by flying JetBlue and its travel partners, the JetBlue TrueBlue shopping portal and the JetBlue TrueBlue Dining program. Here are additional promotions by JetBlue is to help you earn even more:
- Join TrueBlue Dining, and earn 3X points at participating restaurants, bars and clubs.
- Earn 3X TrueBlue points when you shop at Amazon.com during a flight using your unique TrueBlue link.
- Earn 3X points at Home Depot.
- Earn 3X points at Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Get 5,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly three round trip JetBlue flights in a calendar year.
- Get 7,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly seven round trip JetBlue flights in a calendar year.
- Get 10,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly 10 one-way JetBlue flights that are 1,600 miles or more in a calendar year.
Southwest offers several opportunities for members of the Southwest Rapid Rewards program to earn rewards points. Not only can you earn a travel pass known as the Southwest Companion Pass, but you can also earn points through the Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining program and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping program. Also, here are some current Southwest promotions for more reward-earning potential:
- Earn up to 10,000 Rapid Rewards points per night when you book your hotel stay through Southwest.
- Earn up to 2,400 Rapid Rewards points and save up to 30 percent on qualifying rentals with Budget through Jan. 31, 2022.
- Earn up to 2,400 Rapid Rewards points and save up to 35 percent on qualifying car rentals with Avis through Jan. 31, 2022.
- Earn up to 2,400 Rapid Rewards points on qualifying rentals with Hertz through Jan. 31, 2022.
- Earn up to 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points and save 10 percent when you book a car rental with Payless through Jan. 31, 2022.
If you are part of the free United MileagePlus program, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to earn rewards by simply flying with United and its airline partners in the Star Alliance. Plus, you can earn more when you use a United Airlines credit card, participate in the United MileagePlus dining and United’s MileagePlus rewards program. Here are current promotions that can help you earn more rewards in the United Airlines loyalty program:
- MileagePlus Premier members and cardholders can earn up to 3,000 bonus miles in the first 30 days with MileagePlus Dining.
- Earn 7,000 miles when you protect your home with any new SimpliSafe home security system.
- Receive up to 12,500 United MileagePlus award miles when you sign up for NRG Home. You can also receive 2 miles per dollar spent on the supply portion of your monthly electric bill, or 3 miles per dollar if you are a MileagePlus cardholder.
- United MileagePlus members can earn 30 miles per dollar at FTD, a flower and gift delivery service.
- Earn up to 10,000 miles per night for hotel stays booked with Rocketmiles. Plus, earn 3,000 bonus miles when you book your first Rocketmiles stay.
Hilton Honors is the loyalty program for Hilton Hotels. As a member, you can earn rewards in the programs by staying at Hilton Hotels, using co-branded Hilton credit cards, booking rides with Lyft, participating in Hilton Honors Dining, booking rental cars with Hilton partners and reaching status milestones with your stays at Hilton properties. Here are other promotions that can help you earn more rewards with the Hilton Honors program:
- Earn 3 points per dollar spent on Lyft rides in the U.S. and Canada when you link your accounts. Plus, get $5 off your first three rides if you sign up as a new Lyft user.
The World of Hyatt loyalty program allows members to earn loyalty points by booking Hyatt stays, FIND experiences, using the World of Hyatt Credit Card, and reaching certain status tiers as a loyalty member. Here are other promotions Hyatt is offering:
- Stay at five different Hyatt brands and receive one free night in a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after staying at five different Hyatt brands. Offer valid one year from issuance.
- Earn 500 points for qualifying nights at new Hyatt properties.
- Earn 1 point per dollar on American Airlines flights when you link your accounts here.
IHG Rewards Club is the loyalty rewards program for the InterContinental Hotel Group. The most well-known property under this umbrella is the Holiday Inn brand. You can earn rewards in this program by reaching certain status tiers, using one of the IHG Rewards credit cards, participating in the IHG Rewards Club Dining program and taking advantage of one or more of the promotions below:
- Earn up to 500 IHG Rewards Club points on your first order and 250 points thereafter when you order from Grubhub through the IHG website or app.
- Earn up to 500 IHG Rewards Club points when making an OpenTable reservation through the IHG website or app.
- Earn 4 IHG points per dollar on qualifying Apple purchases.
It’s also worth noting that IHG Rewards is a transfer partner of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. This means you can sign up for an elite travel credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® or the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to earn rewards toward IHG stays.
The Marriott Bonvoy program is the loyalty program of all Marriott properties combined. You can earn points by booking stays with Marriott properties, climbing up the six membership levels and five levels of elite status, spending with several Marriott partners, participating in the Eat Around Town Marriott Bonvoy dining program and spending on a Marriott credit card. Here are additional promotional opportunities to earn Marriott Bonvoy rewards:
- Save on base rates and earn up to 2,000 bonus points on Hertz car rentals through Dec. 31, 2021.
- Link your Marriott Bonvoy account to your Uber account in the Uber app and earn Marriott Bonvoy points when ordering food delivery on Uber Eats and requesting eligible Uber rides. You can earn 6 points per dollar on $25+ Uber Eats deliveries to hotels within the portfolio, 3 points per dollar on Uber XL, Comfort and Black rides across the U.S. and 2 points per dollar on non-hotel Uber Eats deliveries and food pick-ups in the U.S. with a minimum $25 purchase.
- Register by Nov. 28, 2021, and earn 1,500 bonus points (plus 3,000 more points on stays at All-Inclusive by Marriott Bonvoy resorts) on eligible stays from Sept. 14 through Dec. 12, 2021.
Wyndham Rewards is the Wyndham hotel chain’s loyalty program. Wyndham’s portfolio includes brands like budget-friendly Days Inn and La Quinta as well as Ramada and Wyndham Grand.
You can earn loyalty points by staying at Wyndham properties, climbing up the four membership tiers, using the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card or the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card or via the Wyndham Reward shopping portal. Some notable promotions include:
- Earn 2,500 bonus points when you enroll as a new Home Chef customer. You’ll also get 500 bonus points for each additional box.
- Earn 1,000 points on 3+ rental days and save 30 percent on all qualifying Budget car rentals.
- Join Opinion Rewards Panel for free and earn 500 points after completing your first survey. Then, earn points for every additional survey you take.
Don’t miss out on extra rewards or limited-time savings
All of these promotions offer unique ways to either earn more points or miles or get even more out of your rewards. From shopping portals to dining programs to partner brands, deals like these can help upgrade your rewards strategy.