Country Financial insurance review 2022
The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. To help readers understand how insurance affects their finances, we have licensed insurance professionals on staff who have spent a combined 47 years in the auto, home and life insurance industries. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation of . Our content is backed by Coverage.com, LLC, a licensed entity (NPN: 19966249). For more information, please see our .
At a glance
About Bankrate ScoreHover for more
- Special coverage options such as farm, ranch, business and crop investment insurance, and multiple product lines
- High customer satisfaction score
- Several unique discount options
- Only serves 19 states
- Lower than average mobile app rating on Google Play
- Higher than average full coverage car insurance premium
Country Financial Insurance Company got its start in 1925 by selling fire and lightning insurance to Illinois farmers. Today, the company is well-known for its high customer service ratings and array of insurance products tailored to rural communities. However, it is not available in all states.
Country Financial Insurance offers auto, home, and life insurance, but also has insurance products tailored to rural and farm communities. This includes farm and ranch insurance, as well as business and crop investments coverage. Those who prioritize a good customer service experience and live within Country Financial’s coverage area may find the company worth a look. To see if the company might be a fit for you, Bankrate covers everything you need to know in this Country Financial Insurance Review.
Country Financial car insurance
Country Financial car insurance received a Bankrate Score of 4.5 out of 5 thanks to high third-party ratings and a wide range of coverage options. The company ranked third in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Auto Insurance Study for the North Central region, showing high customer satisfaction in the states where it operates. Country Financial received an AM Best score of A+ (Superior) for its historic ability to pay out claims, and received fewer complaints than average filed with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). The company’s mobile app, however, has a rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars on Google Play, a lower rating than many of its competitors.
Country Financial offers insurance policies for many types of vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, boats and recreational vehicles. The company offers standard coverage options such as liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist protection and more. In terms of additional coverage options, the company offers new car replacement, roadside assistance, vehicle rental and trip interruption coverage, and more. Country Financial writes policies in 19 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington and Wisconsin.
Country Financial car insurance cost
Country Financial car insurance costs an average of $1,797 per year for a full coverage policy and $517 per year for a minimum coverage policy, according to Bankrate’s 2022 study of quoted annual premiums. On average, Country Financial policyholders pay slightly more for full coverage than the national average of $1,771 per year, and pay slightly less for minimum coverage than the national average of $545 per year.
Below, see how Country Financial’s average rates stack up against the national average after certain life events.
|Country Financial average annual full coverage premium||National average annual full coverage premium|
|Clean driving history||$1,797||$1,771|
|Speeding ticket conviction||$2,257||$2,138|
|Adding a 16-year-old driver*||$4,433||$3,852|
*16-year-old rates reflect the total cost of a 16-year-old (male or female) and married parents on the same policy.
Country Financial car insurance discounts
Wondering how to save on your car insurance with this provider? Country Financial offers several standard discounts such as multi-policy discounts and student discounts, alongside unique auto insurance discounts including:
Country Financial car services
In addition to standard auto coverage, Country Financial offers coverage for your motorcycle, boat and recreational vehicle. The company also offers roadside assistance services.
Country Financial home insurance
Country Financial home insurance received a Bankrate Score of 4.2 out of 5 based on several factors including third-party ratings, coverage options and available discounts. The company received a higher-than-average score from J.D. Power in the 2021 U.S. Home Insurance Study, showing general customer satisfaction. Policyholders also filed fewer than average complaints with the NAIC against the company. However, be aware that the company’s mobile app received a score of 3.4 out of 5 on Google Play, lower than many of its competitors.
When it comes to home insurance, Country Financial offers dozens of coverage options, from standard property and liability coverage, to add-ons like sewer back-up coverage and identity theft expense coverage.
Country Financial home insurance cost
Country Financial’s average annual premium for $250,000 in dwelling coverage is $2,364, based on Bankrate’s 2022 study of quoted annual premiums. Compared to the 2022 national average of $1,383 per year for the same amount of coverage, Country Financial policyholders pay more than average for their home insurance.
|Dwelling coverage limit||Country Financial average annual premium||National average annual premium|
Country Financial home insurance discounts
Country Financial offers several standard home insurance discount options such as home insurance savings for holding multiple policies with the company. Country Financial also offers the following unique home insurance discounts:
- Hail-resistive roof discount: You could qualify for a discount if your roof meets certain standards. All you have to do is provide Country Financial with your roof’s manufacturer name, date the shingles were manufactured and installed, and the manufacturer’s warranty, bill of sale or warranty.
- New roof discount: If you just replaced your roof, you could receive a discount from Country Financial.
- Wiring age discount: If you live in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota or Washington and have new electrical wiring that meets certain standards, you may receive a discount.
Country Financial home services
Country Financial offers online calculators that can help you decipher what type of home you’re able to purchase. The company also offers a series of personal finance and budgeting resources designed to help people take control of their finances.
Country Financial life insurance
Country Financial life insurance offers a full suite of options to personalize your life insurance policy based on your needs. Unlike competitors that only offer term or whole life insurance, Country Financial offers term life, whole life and universal life insurance policies. The company also offers a wider range of riders than many of its competitors for term, whole and universal life insurance.
Country Financial life insurance endorsements
As mentioned above, the company offers several endorsement options. These endorsements could help you personalize your policy to your needs. Country Financial’s riders listed on the website include:
- Child term insurance: This endorsement provides up to $50,000 in coverage for each of your children between ages 0 and 17. The child has the ability to convert the policy to whole life insurance at age 23 without taking additional medical exams.
- Disability waiver of premium: This endorsement allows you to stop paying premiums if you were to become disabled before age 65.
- Accelerated benefits: This rider allows you to access your death benefit while you’re still alive should you develop a certain illness or disease.
- Return of premium: This rider, available on 20- or 30-year term policies, returns your base premiums paid if you’re still alive at the end of your life insurance term.
- Insured term rider: This rider allows term policyholders to personalize their coverage.
- Index dividend feature rider: This rider gives policyholders the ability to potentially increase dividends.
- Paid-up additions rider: This rider allows the insured to build additional cash value.
- Term insurance for you or your spouse: This rider adds term coverage for you or your spouse to an existing whole life policy.
- Accidental death benefit: If you pass away due to an accident before age 70, this rider would pay an additional amount.
- Guaranteed insurability option: This rider allows you to buy additional whole life coverage without undergoing a medical exam every three years between the ages of 22 and 43.
Country Financial life services
Country Financial offers investment and retirement services such as IRAs, 529 plans, annuities, and 401k plans. You can find a local representative through the company’s website to talk about these options with you.
Other Country Financial perks worth considering
While auto, home and life insurance may be Country Financial’s most popular insurance policies, the company also offers many other products to build out your insurance plan. The following perks may nudge you to consider Country Financial for your insurance and financial needs.
- Financial service products: In addition to insurance, the company offers IRAs, managed accounts, annuities and more.
- Local representatives: You can find Country Financial representatives in your area through the company’s website.
- Umbrella insurance: This type of insurance provides a large amount of liability coverage for a variety of scenarios.
- Renters insurance: If you rent a property, you may benefit from Country Financial’s renters coverage.
- Landlord insurance: If you own a rental property, you may want to look into this coverage.
- Farm insurance: The company offers coverage for your farm, livestock and/or country estate.
Country Financial corporate sustainability
The Country Financial insurance review would not be complete without a discussion of the company’s social outreach. In 2020, Country Financial donated thousands of dollars to organizations working to serve and support those affected by coronavirus. The company’s employees volunteer in their communities and the company provides kids with youth financial education materials.
Not sure if Country Financial is right for you? Consider these alternatives
Country Financial may not be the right choice for everyone. If it isn’t quite right for your needs, you may want to consider one of these options.
- State Farm: Thanks to its excellent customer satisfaction ratings and near-nationwide availability, State Farm won a Bankrate Award for best auto insurance company, best home insurance company and best life insurance company. If Country Financial doesn’t write policies in your state or you want one of the highest rated companies for customer service, you may want to consider State Farm.
- USAA: If you’re a member of the U.S. Military, a veteran or a qualifying family member, you may want to check out USAA. The company won multiple Bankrate Awards and offers coverage options specifically tailored to service members.
- Travelers: If you want a cheaper auto insurance company, you may want to check out Travelers, which won the Bankrate Award for the best budget auto insurance company.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2022 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on 40-year-old male and female homeowners with a clean claim history, good credit and the following coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets each state’s requirements. Our sample drivers own a 2020 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually.
Age: Rates were calculated by evaluating our base profile with the ages 18-60 (base: 40 years) applied. Depending on age, drivers may be a renter or homeowner. Age is not a contributing rating factor in Hawaii and Massachusetts.
Incidents: Rates were calculated by evaluating our base profile with the following incidents applied: clean record (base), single speeding ticket and single at-fault accident.
Homeowners dwelling coverage levels were calculated using our base profile and applying 2022 rates obtained from Quadrant Information Services for the following coverage limits:
- Coverage A, Dwelling: $150,000, $250,000, $350,000, $450,000
- Coverage B, Other Structures: $15,000, $25,000, $35,000, $45,000
- Coverage C, Personal Property: $75,000, $125,000, $175,000, $225,000
- Coverage D, Loss of Use: $30,000, $50,000, $70,000, $90,000
- Coverage E, Liability: $300,000
- Coverage F, Medical Payments: $1,000
The homeowners also have a $1,000 deductible and a separate wind and hail deductible (if required).
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes will differ.
Bankrate Scores primarily reflect a weighted rank of industry-standard ratings for financial strength and customer experience in addition to analysis of quoted annual premiums from Quadrant Information Services, spanning all 50 states and Washington, D.C. We know it is important for drivers and homeowners to be confident their financial protection covers the likeliest risks, is priced competitively and is provided by a financially-sound company with a history of positive customer support.
To determine how well the best car and home insurance companies satisfy these priorities, third-party agency ratings from J.D. Power, AM Best, S&P, NAIC, and Moody’s had the most impact on the companies’ Bankrate Scores. As price is a common consideration for drivers and homeowners, we analyzed quoted premiums based on 40-year-old male and female drivers with a 2019 Toyota Camry, as well as 40-year-old male and female homeowners with $250,000 in dwelling coverage. This profile, assessed across more than 35,000 ZIP codes in the U.S., provided a basis on which drivers and homeowners may compare each provider.
While coverage options, insurer availability, affordability and customer experience are often the top priorities, Bankrate also analyzed each insurer’s online and mobile resources for policy management and claims handling. Insurance is rapidly evolving to keep pace with our digital world, so these aspects also carried weight in determining Bankrate Scores.