The Hartford insurance mostly serves customers who are 50 and older and AARP members. While those who aren’t AARP members can still purchase The Hartford insurance through independent agents, those individuals won’t receive all the same discounts and deals. The Hartford insurance customer service is above average.
The Hartford car insurance coverage options and discounts
- Medical payments: Helps cover medical expenses resulting from an accident.
- No-Fault: This is also known as Personal Injury Protection and covers the medical bills of you and your passengers, regardless of who caused the accident.
- Comprehensive and collision: Helps cover the cost of damages to your car resulting from an accident or theft, fire, windstorm and hail.
- Auto glass: Helps replace damaged windshield or auto glass.
- Towing: Helps pay for emergency roadside assistance.
- Bodily injury: When you are at fault for an accident, this helps cover any medical expenses to other drivers and passengers.
- Property damage liability: When you are at fault for an accident, this helps cover any costs related to property damage of other drivers.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury and property damage: Helps cover the costs when the other driver(s) in an accident do not have insurance.
- Safe vehicle discounts: If your car has an anti-theft device and/or air bags, and is a hybrid or electric vehicle, you may qualify for a discount.
- Driver training and education discounts: If you take an approved driver training course or a defensive driving course, you may receive a discounted The Hartford insurance quote.
- Good student discounts: If you’re a full-time student in high school or college and between 16 and 25 years old, your good GPA can save you money on car insurance.
The Hartford home insurance coverage options and discounts
- Dwelling coverage: Helps cover the price of your home and the structures attached to it, such as electrical wiring and heating and air conditioning.
- Personal property: Helps cover the costs of your personal property, such as furniture, clothing and valuable possessions.
- Loss of use: If you cannot live in your home due to damage, this helps cover the cost of other living expenses.
- Liability: You’ll be provided a legal defense, should there be a lawsuit against you, and will help cover any costs that you are liable for.
- Medical payments: Helps pay the medical bills if someone is injured on your property.
- Bundle and save discount: Bundle your home and car insurance to save up to 5% on car insurance and 20% on home insurance.
- Home security or protective devices credits: Install protective devices, such as burglar alarms and sprinkler systems, to save on The Hartford insurance quotes.
- Retiree credit: Work less than 24 hours per week? You may qualify for a discount.
The Hartford ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
J.D. Power ranks The Hartford insurance above average among other insurance companies. Here’s a deep dive into the specifics:
- Overall Satisfaction: 3 out of 5
- First Notice of Loss: 4 out of 5
- Estimation Process: 3 out of 5
- Repair Process: 4 out of 5
- Rental Experience: 3 out of 5
- Claims Servicing: 3 out of 5
- Settlement: 3 out of 5
The Better Business BureauⓇ (BBB) ranks The Hartford a A+. With more than 38,000 reviews on its website for car insurance, The Hartford customer service ranked an average of 4.8 out of 5 by its customers. And for home insurance, more than 15,000 customers ranked customer claims an average of 4.7 out of 5.
Reasons why The Hartford is a great option
If you’re an AARP member, you should look into a Hartford insurance quote, as it is a fantastic option for you. For those 50 and older looking to save without sacrificing great customer service, The Hartford can deliver. Their wide coverage options combined with their many discounts makes it a great option for those in the company’s target audience. And if you are retired or have students as a part of your policy, the retiree credit and good student discounts could be a big money saver. With top reviews from thousands of customers who have gone through The Hartford insurance claims process, The Hartford can be trusted.
Average The Hartford insurance quotes are right in the middle, as far as pricing goes. However, depending on the level of coverage you want, the discounts you qualify for and your deductible, it could be much higher or significantly lower. The average 12-month insurance premium for The Hartford is $1,392.
Additional policies offered by The Hartford
In addition to car and home insurance, The Hartford also offers:
- Classic car insurance
- Renters insurance
- Flood insurance
- Condo insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Business insurance
- Small business insurance
- General liability insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
Frequently asked questions
How do I get a Hartford Insurance quote?
It’s easy to request a quote from The Hartford insurance company. Get a quote online, call the company directly or find a local independent agent.
How do I file a Hartford Insurance claim?
Looking for The Hartford insurance claims center? File a claim here. You can file online or on the phone and The Hartford customer service will help you every step along the way.