New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company has been selling insurance since 1913. The property and casualty mutual company operates under the name NJM Auto Insurance, providing coverage mainly in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The organization transitioned away from an exclusive membership of policyholders in 2018. Now they offer moderate premiums and superior claims processing to the general public.
NJM Auto Insurance coverage options and discounts:
NJM Auto Insurance offers the usual auto insurance coverage options. Your NJM Auto Insurance quote will depend on what coverage you get, as well as your driving history, vehicle, ZIP code and more.
- 24/7 roadside assistance – Get roadside assistance for a set fee if you run out of gas or need a tow
- No-fault protection – Your policy will pay your medical expenses regardless of who is at fault of an accident
- Collision – Coverage for damage resulting from your vehicle hitting another vehicle or object
- Liability – Liability insurance covers damage you caused
- Personal injury protection – Covers the medical expenses or lost wages of a person injured in a car accident
Policy discounts from NJM Auto Insurance are plentiful:
- Homeowners insurance bundle – Save when you insure both a car and a home, apartment or condo with NJM
- Multi-car – Get a discount for insuring two or more vehicles on the same policy
- Vehicle safety equipment – If you have anti-lock brakes, an anti-theft device, vehicle recovery device and/or air bags, you could save on your NJM Auto Insurance
- New car – Model years age two years or less
- Comprehensive coverage – Protection for both collision and non-collision events
- Paid in full – Save when you opt for a single yearly premium payment instead of monthly payments
- Electronic payment – Opt in to an automatic payment plan to save
- Driver training – For drivers age 21 and younger who take classroom and hands-on training
- Good student – For high school or college students who maintain a specific grade point average
- Defensive driving – For NJ residents only who complete an approved driving course
- Mature driver improvement – For PA drivers age 55 or older who complete an approved driving course
NJM Auto Insurance customer service and ratings
Satisfied customers helped NJM Auto Insurance become the first J.D. Power Claims Certification Program member in 2018. The program recognizes auto insurers with outstanding claims services, including the NJM Auto Insurance claims process. Insurers must pass a rigorous inspection including analysis of 90 claims judged on customer satisfaction. They must also rank in the 80th percentile on the J.D. Powers Claims Satisfaction Index.
NJM Auto Insurance customers filed few complaints with the Better Business Bureau considering almost $2 billion in direct premiums written as of 2018. NJM Auto Insurance closed thirty-three complaints from July 2016 to July 2018, giving the company an A- rating. Financial statements published by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners reveal ample assets to cover a mixture of property and casualty liabilities and profits generate dividends which are paid back to policyholders. A.M. Best gave NJM Manufacturers an A+ credit rating citing its strong balance sheet.
NJM Auto Insurance customer service is easy for customers after experiencing a loss. The NJM Auto Insurance claims process efficiency helps maintain company profits which are paid back to policyholders in the form of dividends.
New Jersey or Pennsylvania customers comfortable buying insurance online will appreciate that NJM Auto Insurance quotes are available online, as well as the options for online payments and other electronic servicing. The direct-to-consumers approach cuts enables the insurer to build relationships directly with policyholders.
Additional policies offered by NJM Auto Insurance
NJM Auto Insurance offers other types of insurance coverage depending on the policyholder’s state:
- Homeowners insurance (NJ, PA)
- Recreational vehicles (NJ, PA)
- Classic cars (NJ, PA)
- Motorcycles (NJ, PA)
- Boats and personal watercraft (NJ, PA)
- Umbrella insurance (NJ, PA)
- Commercial auto (NJ, NY, PA)
- Commercial general liability (NJ, NY, PA)
- Worker’s compensation (CT, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA)
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get a quote from NJM Auto Insurance?
To get a NJM Auto Insurance quote, you’ll need a valid email address, driver’s license number, driving history information, the names of all drivers to be insured on the policy and the safety features on the vehicle.
How do I file an NJM Auto Insurance claim?
File online via the claims portal or call a customer service agent 24 hours a day, seven days a week.