Advertiser Disclosure: The credit card offers that appear on the website are from companies from which this site receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers.
Popular among frequent travelers, quality hotel credit cards offer generous rewards and desirable perks like free internet, free stays and flexible checkout options.
But not all hotel credit cards are created equally, so you’ll need to make sure you pick a card that fits your travel needs.
Here are two quality hotel credit cards, as chosen by the experts at CreditCards.com:
Best Hotel Credit Cards
- Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature
- Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard
|Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature||$75||10 points per $1 spent at Carlson Rezidor hotels|
|Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard||$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $59||10 points per $1 spent at Best Western hotels|
Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card
The Club Carlson card offers big bonus opportunities.
- Earn 50,000 points when you make your first purchase with the card. Earn an extra 35,000 points after you spend $2,500 within 90 days.
- Earn 10 points per $1 spend at Carlson Rezidor hotels and five points per $1 spent on general purchases.
- Earn 40,000 points each year you renew your card and one free hotel stay when you spend $10,000 and renew your card.
Who should get this card
If your hotel stays typically fall within the Carlson Rezidor portfolio of hotels and you can utilize the bonus offers, this card could be a good choice. Hotels range from budget options like Country Inn & Suites to the more luxurious Radisson Blu.
But Club Carlson points aren’t worth as much as the average card’s points. That can mean less savings overall.
This card has a $75 annual fee and a variable APR of 14.99 to 23.99 percent.
Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard
The Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard comes with some significant bonuses and a rewards program tailored for travelers.
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent on hotel stays at a Best Western portfolio, another 10 points per $1 if you’re a member of their loyalty program and two points per $1 spent on general purchases.
- Earn a 50,000 points sign-up bonus if you spend $1,000 within the first three months. Cardholders can earn another 20,000 bonus points each year after spending at least $5,000.
- Travel perks include automatic elite platinum status, 10 percent discount on hotel stays, free room upgrades and a 15 percent point bonus on stays.
Who should get this card
If you travel frequently and want to be rewarded with free nights, this card could be a worthwhile choice. It doesn’t take a lot of points to earn free stays so you can quickly be on your way to earning a free trip.
The card’s biggest downside is that Best Western hotels aren’t as high-end as some other properties so if you’re looking to earn luxury stays, this may not be for you.
It has a $59 annual fee and a variable APR of 17.49 percent to 23.49 percent.
This editorial content is not provided or commissioned by any of the referenced financial institutions or companies. Opinions, analysis, reviews or recommendations expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any financial institutions or companies, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any such entity. All products or services are presented without warranty. Bankrate.com is an independent, advertising-supported publisher and comparison service. This post contains references to our partners, and Bankrate may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on certain links posted on this website.