Encompass Insurance may be one of the oldest insurance carriers in the nation. Founded in 1897, Encompass was purchased by Allstate Insurance to become the insurer it is today. It specializes in home and auto insurance which can be purchased from independent agents throughout the country, providing a local touch to a nationally available company.
|Offers numerous additional coverage options and perks for those bundling home and auto insurance together||Receives twice as many complaints compared to competitors based on Consumer Complaint Index score by National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)|
|Policy management and servicing available through online portal and a network of independent local agents||Mobile app accessibility is only limited to roadside assistance|
One of the main draws of Encompass Insurance is its EncompassOne Policy, which covers home, auto and personal possessions under a single policy. This gives policyholders a single premium and deductible for all of their insurance and comes with three tiers: Elite, Deluxe and Special. Each of these tiers comes with its own policy features, limits and special add-on coverage.
Encompass auto and home insurance can be purchased through 2,600 independent agents in almost all states except Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Encompass car insurance | Bankrate Score: Unrated
Encompass aims to simplify the car insurance process with its EncompassOne policy. Each of the three tiers of Special, Deluxe and Elite come with pre-selected features, higher limits and discounts, although drivers can craft their own policies as well. Some unique features that come with these packages include accident forgiveness, loan/lease gap coverage and new car replacement.
To find the best car insurance companies, Bankrate developed the Bankrate Score. We analyzed average premium data from Quadrant Information Services from dozens of companies, as well as their policy offerings, discounts, financial strength ratings and customer service rankings. Because there is limited information in these categories about Encompass, we did not give it a Bankrate score.
Encompass car insurance cost
Encompass does not have an online quoting tool. For this reason, drivers interested in learning how much a car insurance policy might cost will need to contact one of Encompass’ independent agents to request a quote. The average cost of car insurance in the United States is $1,674 per year for full coverage insurance, although your rates may vary depending on where you live, the type of car you drive and more.
|Full coverage annual rates||National full coverage annual rates|
|Clean driving history||N/A||$1,674|
|Speeding ticket conviction||N/A||$2,062|
|Adding a 16-year-old driver*||N/A||$2,531|
*16-year-old rates reflect the added cost to their parents’ full coverage car insurance policy.
Encompass car insurance discounts
Encompass offers many discounts to help save money on car insurance. These include:
- Safe driving bonus: If no covered driver in the policy has a chargeable accident — this may include an at-fault accident or moving violation — the policy may be eligible for a 5% discount during the next policy period.
- New car discount: If you purchase a brand new car with no previous title, this discount could be added to your policy.
- Resident student discount: If a young driver is still on their parents’ car insurance, attends university at least 100 miles away from home and does not have a car at school, this discount may be added to the car insurance policy.
Encompass car services
Encompass does not offer any additional services to auto policyholders.
Encompass home insurance | Bankrate Score: Unrated
The EncompassOne policy for homeowners insurance also comes in three tiers: Special, Deluxe and Elite. Like its auto insurance counterpart, there are unique policy features for each tier, along with discounts and policy limits. For example, the Elite and Deluxe homeowners tiers come with 200% extended dwelling coverage. Some other customizable options include water backup protection, mortgage rate protection if your mortgage is affected due to a covered total loss, and computer and data recovery coverage.
Encompass home insurance cost
As Encompass homeowners insurance quotes are not available to start online, it is unclear what the average annual premium might be. The average cost of home insurance for most Americans is $1,312 for $250,000 in dwelling coverage, although actual rates may vary depending on your location, home square footage and more.
|Dwelling coverage limit||Average annual premium||National average annual premium|
Encompass home insurance discounts
Finding the cheapest home insurance policy can be done by taking advantage of discounts. Some of Encompass’ discount opportunities include:
- Renovation discount: Recent updates within the last 10 years to a home system, including heating, cooling, plumbing and the roof could allow you to qualify for this discount to be added to your policy.
- Homebuyer discount: If you purchased a home in the last five years that is less than 49 years old, this discount could be added to your policy.
- Protection devices discount: A credit could be applied to your homeowners insurance policy if you have a fire or burglar alarm, fire extinguisher or another safety device.
Encompass home services
Encompass does not advertise any other home services for its home insurance customers.
Other Encompass Insurance perks worth considering
Encompass offers a few other insurance products in addition to home and auto insurance. These include:
- Condominium insurance: Condominium owners need a different type of insurance policy, and this policy is tailored specifically for their unit, belongings and liability risk.
- Renters insurance: As a renter, this policy type provides coverage for your personal belongings, liability and loss of use.
- Personal umbrella policy: With a personal umbrella policy, you can extend the liability coverage of your home and car insurance to further protect your financial assets.
Encompass Insurance social responsibility
While Encompass does not divulge its impact toward social responsibility, it is considered part of Allstate’s group of companies. Allstate supports many organizations through its Allstate Foundation, focusing on specific causes like domestic violence and closing gaps in nonprofit leadership. Its Helping Hands network also coordinates employee volunteers with almost 3,000 community groups and has contributed $7.5 million since 2018.
Not sure if Encompass Insurance is right for you? Consider these alternatives
- Allstate Insurance: As Encompass’ parent company, Allstate also offers home and auto insurance, along with many other insurance products for those who want to build a comprehensive insurance plan.
- USAA: Although only open to military members and qualified family members, USAA sells affordable home and auto insurance with many unique policy features.
- State Farm: State Farm is another large insurance carrier available nationwide and relies on a network of local agents to service their communities’ insurance needs.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on 40-year-old male and female homeowners with a clean claim history, good credit and the following coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets each state’s requirements. Our sample drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually.
Age: Rates were calculated by evaluating our base profile with the age 16 (base: 40 years) applied. Depending on age, drivers may be a renter or homeowner. Hawaii rates indicate age is not a contributing factor.
Incidents: Rates were calculated by evaluating our base profile with the following incidents applied: clean record (base), single speeding ticket and a single DUI conviction.
- Coverage A, Dwelling: $150,000, $250,000, $350,000, $450,000
- Coverage B, Other Structures: $15,000, $25,000, $35,000, $45,000
- Coverage C, Personal Property: $75,000, $125,000, $175,000, $225,000
- Coverage D, Loss of Use: $30,000, $50,000, $70,000, $90,000
- Coverage E, Liability: $300,000
- Coverage F, Medical Payments: $1,000
The homeowners also have a $1,000 deductible and a separate wind and hail deductible (if required).
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes will differ.