Arbella Insurance is a regional boutique insurance provider offering home and auto insurance to residents of Massachusetts and Connecticut. Founded in 1988, Arbella aims to be “the best property and casualty company in the Northeast” by providing personalized service through local independent insurance agents.
Arbella car insurance
Arbella car insurance is by far the largest of the insurance company’s products. Arbella wrote $395 million in car insurance policies in 2019, compared to $129 million in homeowners insurance policies. Compared to the best car insurance companies, Arbella Insurance offers many of the vehicle coverages you’d expect to find from a quality insurance company. Arbella provides a Customer Care package to certain qualifying policyholders for free. It adds perks such as enhanced substitute transportation, enhanced towing and new vehicle replacement coverage.
Types of coverage
- Liability: The foundation of a car insurance policy, liability insurance pays for injuries and damages that you cause to other parties.
- No-fault: Also called personal injury protection (PIP), this coverage pays for loss of income, funeral expenses and accidental death.
- Physical damage: Often referred to as collision coverage, this pays for repairs or replacement if your car is stolen, vandalized or damaged in a crash.
- Gap insurance: Insurance that pays for the difference owed on a car loan if it’s higher than the totaled car’s current replacement value.
- Disappearing deductible: Reduces your deductible amount for every year you do not file a claim.
- Accident forgiveness: Will waive the points and likely increase in premiums on your first accident.
- Pet protection: Receive up to $500 in vet fees if your dog or cat is injured during an accident.
- Personal property package: Replaces belongings that were in the vehicle, such as car seats or laptops, for up to $250 to $1,000.
- Snowplow: Loss to a snowplow that’s installed on an insured vehicle will be covered for a reduced deductible amount of $200.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts (OEM): Approved damages will be replaced with available original manufacturer parts.
Cost of Arbella car insurance
Arbella’s optional coverages provide one of the most comprehensive car insurance packages available. Arbella car insurance prices are about average, compared to other providers. Minimum insurance coverage is the no-frills level of liability-only coverage. Full coverage pays for damages and injuries caused to others, as well as to your vehicle and property.
|Average Annual Premium for Minimum Coverage||AAverage Annual Premium for Full Coverage|
- New customer: Earn 7 to 12 percent as a new customer discount, based on your state.
- Multi-policy discount: Bundle home and auto insurance for savings of up to 22 percent.
- Good student: Up to 5 percent off for full-time students with a B average or better
- Military away: Deployed military personnel receive 10 percent off
- Prepayment: Pay your annual premium for savings of up to 6 percent.
- Hybrid/electric vehicles: Up to 10 percent in savings
- Anti-theft: Receive up to 36 percent off your comprehensive coverage for vehicles equipped with security.
- Driver training: Earn 5 to 7 percent off when you pass an approved driver or simulation training program.
Arbella home insurance
Arbella’s home insurance provides coverage for homeowners, regardless of whether they plan on living in the property or renting it out. Arbella’s response times during the claims process gives the best home insurance companies a run for their money.
Types of coverage
- Homeowners: Provides coverage for your home and its contents against bad weather, fire, theft, frozen pipes and more. You’ll also receive reimbursement if you need to make alternative living arrangements while your home is repaired, as well as protection if you’re legally liable for injuries that happen on your property.
- Renters: Provides coverage for your belongings while you’re renting.
- Condo: Similar to homeowners insurance but geared towards condo owners who share common areas.
- Landlord: If the home you’re insuring is an investment property you plan on renting out, landlord coverage will cover damages on rental properties.
- Home Systems Protection: Coverage for replacement or repair of key home systems, such as HVACs or furnaces.
- Multi-policy: Buy car and homeowners or renters insurance together to save on both.
- New home: Up to 20 percent off for homes ten years old or less.
- MAHA Workshop Savings: New homeowners who attend the Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance Workshop receive 10 percent off for the first two years of coverage.
- Safety devices: Homes with deadlocks, fire or burglar alarms can receive 3 percent off.
- Loyalty: A 3 percent discount is possible on your condo or renters insurance each year you renew your coverage.
- Mass Save: Receive 5 percent off after completing a home energy assessment
- Condo owner: Get 7 percent off your new policy and 20 percent off when you add vehicle coverage.
Reasons why Arbella is a good option
Arbella Insurance is the best option for individuals interested in bundling car and homeowners (or renters) insurance. Doing so could bring policyholders big savings across the board. People looking for great customer service and a speedy, hassle-free claims process will be happy with Arbella Insurance.
Arbella ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Arbella scores best among policyholders for its auto insurance in the J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Study. However, the insurer has a higher than average amount of complaints, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners — the average NAIC index rating is 1.0.
|J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Study||Auto: 815/1,000
|NAIC customer complaint index||1.34 (above average)|
|AM Best financial strength rating||A|
Additional policies offered by Arbella
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get a quote from Arbella?
To get a quote from Arbella, you’ll need to meet with a local independent agent for help. The short meeting or phone call will provide you with a detailed quote that covers all your insurance needs.
How do I file a claim with Arbella?
To file a claim, call 1-800-ARBELLA (272-3552) anytime, 24 hours per day. You can also log in to your online account to start the process. Arbella also has drive-in car appraisal locations but they’re currently closed due to COVID-19 precautions.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a clean driving record, good credit and the following full coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverages that meet each state’s requirements. Our sample drivers own a 2018 Honda Accord, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually.
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes may be different.