Henderson is adjacent to Las Vegas and is one of the safest areas to live. A recent study named Henderson, Nevada, as the second-safest place to live in the country. With a population of 310,374, it has a small town, suburban feel. The average home insurance Henderson rate is $849 per year for a $250K home. However, you may be able to beat the average by knowing what homeowners insurance Henderson has available.
Best cheap home insurance companies Henderson
The following five carriers were selected because they provide cheap home insurance Henderson coverage while still managing to deliver good customer service. We compared 2021 average rates from Quadrant Information Services to find the lowest average rates and used the J.D. Power & Associates annual study on customer satisfaction. We followed by comparing coverage options, discounts and availability.
|Home insurance company||Average annual premium for $250K dwelling||J.D. Power score|
If you would like to expand your coverage, Traveler has the most add-ons and options of all the carriers on the list. Options include replacement cost coverage that pays for new versions of lost or damaged items, water/sump pump backup and green coverage that pays for green upgrades for a more sustainable home.
Learn more: Travelers Insurance review
USAA’s low homeowners insurance rates are impressive because coverage includes replacement cost, which is typically an add-on you have to pay for. Unlike cash value policies, replacement cost coverage allows you to replace items with a new version without worrying about depreciation. In addition, all standard homeowners policies come with identity theft coverage. The biggest drawback to USAA is its limited availability. Membership is required to access home insurance. To become a member, you must be a veteran, active duty or retired military — or closely related to someone who is.
Learn more: USAA Insurance review
American Family home insurance premiums are $639 per year on average for residents of Henderson. You may be able to lower your premiums if you qualify for discounts such as bundling with car insurance, living in a newer or recently updated home or automating your bill payments. If you have smart home devices from Nest or a Frontpoint home security system, American Family’s smart home discount is a unique way to save on your homeowners insurance.
Learn more: American Family Insurance review
Like State Farm, Allstate is a national carrier with local agents ready to help. Allstate has 22 agents in Henderson, just one more than State Farm. Allstate has some unique coverage options. HostAdvantage covers your belongings if you occasionally rent out your home through Airbnb or VRBO. You can also opt for green rebuilding, electronic data recovery and business property insurance to increase limits for work tools and inventory you may keep at home.
Learn more: Allstate Insurance review
State Farm is the country’s largest insurance company. However, service can feel personalized if you work with a local State Farm agent. There are 21 State Farm agents in Henderson available to help you with choosing the right coverage and working as your point person if you need to file a claim. State Farm’s premiums are not the lowest but you may be able to find savings using State Farm’s discounts for bundling home and auto, installing protective devices such as smoke detectors or a security system or using impact-resistant roofing materials.
Learn more: State Farm Insurance review
Henderson home insurance options
Although homeowners insurance is only required if you have a home loan, the coverage is relatively affordable and could save a lot of money in the long run. After all, paying to rebuild your home and replace all your belongings after a fire, for example, could cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars. While a home insurance policy covers many common scenarios, there are items that are excluded. Optional coverages in Las Vegas include:
- Equipment breakdown: Some carriers offer an add-on that pays for repairs of replacement of home systems. Considering how hot Henderson gets, knowing you have insurance if your home’s HVAC stops working or the pool’s pump fails can save you thousands of dollars in repairs or new equipment.
- Green materials: Adding green coverage allows you to rebuild your home to eco-friendlier standards. You may be able to add solar panel systems or use more energy-efficient appliances upon rebuild or replacement.
- Business coverage: Many homeowners are still working from home. If you foresee working remotely in the future and plan on expanding your home office and the equipment you use for work, a standard homeowners policy may not provide enough coverage. Adding coverage for business-related items kept in your home office could be a prudent idea.
Home insurance discounts in Henderson
Besides choosing the right home insurance Henderson carrier to save money, you may be able to earn some discounts. Here are a few examples:
- Bundling: Buying home and auto insurance together could earn you a discount on both policies.
- Protective devices: Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors could provide you with early warning of a fire before the damage gets too serious. In addition, a security system or deadbolts may keep intruders out. Insurance companies typically give you discounts for safety-related equipment.
- Age of home: Many of Henderson’s homes are newer-build. Pointing it out to your insurance carrier may earn you a discount.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best home insurance company?
To find the best company for your needs, collect quotes from a few providers to compare.
How much does home insurance in Henderson cost?
Bankrate’s research into the cost of home insurance found that average rates for Henderson, NV are $849 per year for a $250K home.
How much home insurance do I need in Henderson?
Home insurance is not mandatory in Henderson. However, it can protect you financially if your home is lost because of a fire or natural disaster, or if your belongings are stolen. An HO-3 insurance policy provides a standard amount of coverage that includes dwelling, property and liability coverage for 16 standard perils.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on 40-year-old male and female homeowners with a clean claim history, good credit and the following coverage limits:
- Coverage A, Dwelling: $250,000
- Coverage B, Other Structures: $25,000
- Coverage C, Personal Property: $125,000
- Coverage D, Loss of Use: $50,000
- Coverage E, Liability: $300,000
- Coverage F, Medical Payments: $1,000
The homeowners also have a $1,000 deductible and a separate wind and hail deductible (if required).
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes may be different.