The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation for . The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
- The U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card includes decent benefits and excellent travel and emergency assistance.
- The 15-month 0 percent introductory offer for both purchases and balance transfers may help you reach other financial goals.
- You can maximize the rewards of the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card by diligently tracking the bonus categories for maximum cash back.
The U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card is slim on unique benefits, but cardholders can take advantage of the unique bonus category structure as well as the introductory APR for new purchases and balance transfers. Also, it’s a part of the Visa Signature credit card family, which means it comes with the perks that all Visa Signature cards offer.
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card benefits
U.S. Bank offers new cardholders a $200 rewards bonus after you spend $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 120 days of opening an account. That translates to spending around $250 a month in your first four months. For most, that’s fairly doable, making this card a great option for those who want a sign-up bonus without the hefty required spend.
Introductory APR offer for purchases and balance transfers
Need to finance a large purchase over several months — or looking to pause high-interest debt on other cards? This card offers a 0 percent introductory APR for 15 billing cycles on both purchases and balance transfers. After that, the regular APR is 19.74 percent to 29.74 percent variable. The best rewards credit cards tend to come with skimpier intro APR periods, and so 15 months is a good offer, giving you more than a year to focus on paying down your balance without accruing interest.
Dynamic bonus categories
One of the biggest benefits of the U.S. Bank Cash Visa Signature card is the 5 percent cash back you can receive in two categories of your choosing on up to $2,000 in combined purchases each quarter (then 1 percent). Categories change each quarter, but past options have included TV, internet and streaming services; home utilities; cellphone providers; electronic stores; gyms; and fast food.
Some enjoy the game of selecting new categories each quarter, especially those with varied expenses.
Visa Signature benefits
Visa groups its credit cards into three tiers: Visa Traditional, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite. Each tier comes with its own suite of perks, and Visa Signature is the middle-of-the-road option.
Here are some of the perks included with the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature:
- Roadside dispatch — For a set price per service call, you can contact the roadside dispatch hotline for emergency assistance 24 hours a day. Services include standard towing, tire changing, jump-starting, lockout service and fuel delivery.
- Travel and emergency assistance services — Visa will connect you with the services you need while traveling, including emergency transportation assistance, prescription and valuable document delivery, legal referrals, translation services and lost luggage services.
- Norton LifeLock Solutions discounts — Identity-theft monitoring from Norton can keep you informed about if and how your data is being used on the dark web.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver — When you use your credit card, you can qualify for rental car insurance rather than having to purchase it from the rental company.
- Emergency card replacement — Have your card replaced in one to three business days in case of an emergency.
- Zero-fraud liability — You are not responsible for any unauthorized transactions made on your credit card if it’s lost or stolen.
Maximizing the Visa Signature credit card
Here’s how you can make sure you’re getting the most out of this card’s benefits.
- Know your Visa Signature benefits. Many of the Visa Signature benefits apply to emergency situations, like a flat tire, a lost or stolen card, or prescription needs. In such situations, it can be hard to remember your coverage, and so it’s a good idea to refresh your memory of your card’s benefits every so often so you don’t forget to use those perks when they count. You can also make a note of your Visa Signature perks on your phone so that they’re easy to access when you need them.
- Make use of your bonus rewards categories. Quarterly-changing bonus categories can keep your rewards game fun, but they can be useless if you’re not paying attention. To get full value out of this perk, aim to select categories that you can spend $2,000 within over the course of three months, maxing out that 5 percent cash back benefit. Then, of course, be diligent about using your card for those purchases.
- Transfer your balance as soon as possible. The introductory 0 percent APR only lasts for the first 15 months, so if you do intend to transfer a balance, do it soon. After the intro APR period ends, the regular variable APR of 19.74 percent to 29.74 percent applies to your credit card balance.
The bottom line
The U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card doesn’t have the richest suite of benefits, but it’s a solid card for people who like customization and rewards on everyday purchases. You can certainly make use of the introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers, as well as the changing rewards categories. And don’t overlook the Visa Signature benefits, which can connect you to a variety of emergency services.
Issuer-required disclosure statement
Information about the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card has been collected independently by Bankrate and has not been reviewed or approved by the card issuer.