The Fed's impact on your wallet
The latest interest rates
Every time the Federal Reserve adjusts interest rates, borrowing and savings rates move in lockstep. Compare Bankrate data to see how the latest Fed decision is impacting rates on key consumer products.
The Fed continues to delay any interest rate moves amid persistently low inflation.4 min read May 01, 2019
The Fed will most likely hold interest rates steady, but here’s how it could still impact your wallet.7 min read Apr 26, 2019
The Fed voted to leave interest rates alone for the second-straight meeting.5 min read Mar 20, 2019
Two-thirds of economists surveyed say the U.S. central bank will increase borrowing costs again in 2019.6 min read Mar 06, 2019
FOMC members were deep in debate before agreeing to lift rates again.2 min read Jan 09, 2019
From trade worries to market volatility, pay attention to these trends in the new year.4 min read Dec 20, 2018
Learn all about Jerome Powell, who is presiding over his first FOMC policy meeting.3 min read Mar 21, 2018
Bankrate delivers the latest news to you.3 min read Sep 25, 2015
- How to save money
- How to build an emergency fund
- Savings tips for different goals
- The repo market, explained
- How to get the best mortgage rate
- How to get the best refi rate
- How often to compare mortgage rates
- Best low-risk investments
- How to pay off debt
- How much does it cost to buy a home?
- What's next for the housing market?
- How to make your paycheck last
- What debt should you pay off first?
- How to pay off credit card debt
- How to boost your credit score
- Tips for scoring a lower credit card rate
- Fed's interest rate history