Quartzsite, Arizona may be home to only about 3,700 residents, but that doesn’t stop it from being named the Rock Capital of the World with the most RV boondocking options around, garnering millions of visitors each winter. A part of La Paz County, Quartzsite drivers pay lower-than-average car insurance rates at $439 per year for liability coverage and $1,358 per year for full coverage.
Most residents have a short commute of just under eight minutes and close to half of them only own one car. When searching for the best and cheapest car insurance companies in Quartzsite, we compared quotes with coverage and discount options for the average driver while also comparing company strength and customer satisfaction.
Best car insurance companies in Quartzsite
Drivers in Quartzsite have a variety of insurers available for car insurance. We found the best car insurance companies in Quartzsite by getting comparable quotes to determine the best options for coverages, discounts, financial strength and customer satisfaction based on third-party rankings.
|Insurance Company||J.D. Power Score||Average Annual Premium for Minimum Coverage||Average Annual Premium for Full Coverage|
|Allstate||830 / 1000||$423||$1,433|
|American Family||834 / 1000||$688||$1,224|
|Geico||834 / 1000||$315||$882|
|The Hartford||829 / 1000||$409||$1,065|
|State Farm||826 / 1000||$415||$1,110|
Allstate is one of the largest insurers in the country and is the fifth top insurer in Arizona with just under 8% of the market share. With lots of options for coverage and discounts, residents of Quartzsite may be able to find the coverage they need at a reasonable rate.
With 6% of the market share in Arizona, American Family offers generational discounts with options like good student, young volunteer and safe driving programs to keep rates for teen drivers more affordable for Quartzsite families.
With the cheapest car insurance rates on our list, Geico also happens to be the #1 insurer in Arizona, insuring 16% of the market. With RVs being in large supply in Quartzsite, Geico has you covered with insurance for RVs, travel trailers, motorhomes and other recreational vehicles.
The Hartford specializes in coverage and discount options for senior drivers 50 and older, but is still available to everyone through independent networks. Taking a state-approved driver education and safety course may get you additional discounts on already cheap rates.
State Farm is the second largest insurer in Arizona, insuring 15% of Arizona drivers. At State Farm, you can insure all your policies together and take advantage of safe driving discounts, even for teens.
Cheapest car insurance in Quartzsite
Though rates may seem high for a small town like Quartzsite, rates are still cheap compared to the U.S. average cost of car insurance and Arizona overall. In Quartzsite, drivers pay on average $439 per year for minimum and $1,358 for full coverage insurance. In Arizona, average rates for minimum are $555 and $1,547 annually for full coverage. These rates are better than the national average cost of car insurance, with $565 for minimum and $1,674 for full coverage per year.
To find the cheapest car insurance in Quartzsite, we compared market share for the most popular carriers. Quotes were analyzed by coverage, claims filing process, discounts offered, financial strength, customer satisfaction and available technology. Mercury was found to have the cheapest car insurance minimum coverage while Travelers has the cheapest full coverage rates.
|Insurance Company||Average Annual Premium for Minimum Coverage||Average Annual Premium for Full Coverage|
Quartzsite insurance requirements
Arizona, like many states, has laws against driving without insurance. If caught, you could face a fine or license suspension – and more if you’re a repeat offender. Arizona’s minimum liability insurance requirements to meet are:
- $25,000 per person bodily injury
- $50,000 per accident bodily injury
- $15,000 for property damage
Though these limits may provide the cheapest rates, Quartzsite drivers may need more to protect their finances and assets in case of an accident. Residents with high-value cars, especially ones with a lease or loan, may need full coverage for the added coverages and protection.
Car insurance discounts in Quartzsite
Including as many car insurance discounts as you qualify for can help you get cheap rates in Quartzsite. Here are a few of the ones that may have the biggest impact on premiums:
- Anti-theft discounts: Purchasing a car with an installed alarm, theft recovery system, steering wheel lock and other anti-theft measures may reduce the cost of car insurance when you purchase full coverage insurance.
- Billing and payment discounts: Paying the premium in full, setting up automatic payments, using the online portal or app to pay and choosing paperless bills and policies are all ways to possibly get discounts to reduce car insurance costs.
- Good driver discount: This discount rewards you for having a clean driving history and no claims in the last three or five years, depending on the company.
- Safety feature discount: The safer your car is, the better the discount you may be able to get. This includes anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights and having multiple airbags.
- Usage-based discount: If you stick around Quartzsite or otherwise don’t drive much and consider yourself a safe driver, usage-based discounts may be able to save you money. This usually requires monitoring your driving through a plug-in device or using the app on your smartphone.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best car insurance company in Quartzsite?
Everyone’s criteria for the best car insurance company is different. Consider coverage options, available discounts, financial strength, claims and customer satisfaction plus other details important to you to find out which is the best company in Quartzsite to handle your car insurance.
What is the best way to get cheap car insurance in Quartzsite?
Find a car insurance company with lots of options for discounts you qualify for so you can stack them and get the cheapest car insurance rates.
How much does car insurance in Quartzsite cost?
The average cost of car insurance in Quartzsite is $1,358 for full coverage and $439 for minimum coverage per year. Your rates could be lower or higher than that based on your driving record, car, coverages needed and if you’re insuring multiple insurance policies.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a clean driving record, good credit and the following full coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverages that meet each state’s requirements. Our sample drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually.
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes may be different.