PURE Insurance was founded in 2006 and is based in White Plains, New York. For over 30 years, the company has been selling home and auto insurance to individuals with a high net worth. Its policies are designed to cover luxury vehicles and homes valued at $1 million or more.
Car owners and homeowners looking for a high level of coverage for their investments will be happy with a policy from PURE Insurance. However, the company works primarily through agents, with few options to get a quote or file a claim online.
PURE car insurance
PURE car insurance is designed to cover luxury vehicles, luxury motorhomes, antique vehicles, golf carts and motorcycles. The company emphasizes customer service, with unique features like the PURE Member Advocate program, its concierge-style service for policyholders who have been in an accident. All Member Advocates are fully licensed adjusters who can handle claims and complete administrative tasks, such as booking a rental car or locating a repair shop. In addition to minimum and full coverage insurance, PURE also offers various add-on coverages, many of which are difficult to find from competitors.
Types of coverage
With PURE car insurance, customers can get access to the following coverage options:
- Basic coverage: PURE Insurance sells collision, comprehensive, liability, medical payments and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- Agreed value coverage: If your car is totaled, PURE will reimburse you for the vehicle’s agreed value with no deductible.
- OEM coverage: OEM coverage pays to repair original equipment and help find an auto body shop in your area.
- Rental car reimbursement: If your car is getting repaired after a covered loss, PURE will pay for your rental car.
- Gap insurance: Gap insurance is ideal for leased or financed cars. If your car gets totaled, gap insurance covers the difference between the car’s value and the remaining loan balance.
- Worldwide coverage: If you rent or borrow a vehicle anywhere in the world for up to 90 days, your car insurance policy will cover property and liability damage.
- Extended transportation expenses: If your car breaks down more than 50 miles from home, PURE will cover the cost of a hotel, food and alternative travel. This coverage also ensures a rental vehicle that is of like kind and quality to the insured vehicle.
- Unlimited roadside assistance: PURE offers 24/7 unlimited roadside assistance with towing, tire replacement coverage, lockout coverage and more.
Cost of PURE car insurance
PURE Insurance advertises highly customizable and logical pricing. However, the average rate for full coverage insurance is nearly $4,000. Since the company specializes in insuring high-value vehicles, the prices are going to be much higher overall. The table below includes the average cost of minimum coverage and full coverage insurance from PURE:
|Minimum Coverage||Full Coverage|
PURE Insurance offers several discounts for drivers who want to lower their premium:
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Student away at school discount
- Reduced mileage discount
PURE home insurance
PURE home insurance covers houses that are valued at $1 million or more. The company offers flexible coverage, with options to customize personal property, other structures and additional living expenses coverage. PURE Insurance also offers several endorsements geared toward high net worth individuals. The Member Advocate concierge service is also available to home insurance policyholders.
Types of coverage
Homeowners can get access to a wide variety of coverages from PURE, including:
- Basic coverage: PURE offers dwelling, personal property, liability, medical payments and loss of use coverage
- Replace, rebuild or cash settlement: If your home is destroyed in a covered peril, you can get reimbursed to rebuild your home or receive a cash settlement.
- Guaranteed replacement cost coverage: If you choose to rebuild your home after a covered loss, PURE will write you a check for the home’s initial value.
- Lost or stolen jewelry coverage: This coverage includes up to $50,000 for lost or stolen jewelry.
- Sewer and drain coverage: Sewer and drain coverage pays to repair damaged pipes and fix overflows inside and outside the house.
- Deductible waiver: Homeowners with a deductible of $25,000 or less do not have to pay the deductible if they experience a covered loss of over $50,000.
- PURE home systems protection: Home systems protection covers mechanical and electrical systems, including HVAC, swimming pools and elevators.
- Loss prevention benefit: If you experience a claim over $10,000, PURE will give you up to $2,500 to make proactive repairs to prevent a similar loss in the future.
PURE does not advertise all of their available discounts, but they do outline a few available to homeowners insurance policyholders, including:
- Clean loss history
- Gated community
- Impact-resistant windows and roofing
- Central burglar/fire alarm
- Multiple policy discounts
- Higher deductible discount
- Discount on home insurance with the purchase of PURE Flood Insurance along with either PURE Flood Advantage or PURE Flood Extension
Reasons why PURE is a great option
PURE insurance is a great option for high-income individuals. The car and home insurance policies feature higher-than-average policy limits, unique coverage for valuables and a variety of add-on coverages that offer peace of mind and exceptional levels of service.
One of the most unique perks of PURE Insurance is the PURE Member Advocate program. Every policyholder gets connected with an advocate who can assist with claims handling, roadside assistance dispatch, booking rental cars, communicating with other driver’s insurance companies and more.
However, this insurance company is not a good option for people on a budget. The average car insurance policy from PURE costs almost $4,000, which is not affordable for most. If you do not own a luxury vehicle or a high-priced home, you will be paying for coverage that is not necessary.
PURE ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
|Organization||PURE Insurance rating|
|Better Business Bureau (BBB)||A+|
|NAIC Complaint Index||Fewer than average ratings|
PURE prides itself on providing excellent service to customers who are willing to pay top dollar, and the company’s ratings and reviews indicate that policyholders are generally happy with the company. PURE has an A- rating from AM Best, which indicates excellent financial strength. The company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and has fewer than average complaints as outlined in the NAIC Company Complaint Index. These reviews prove that PURE Insurance has excellent customer service and strong financial capital.
Additional Policies offered by PURE
In addition to home and auto insurance, PURE offers these other policies:
- Personal excess liability coverage
- Jewelry, art and collectibles coverage
- Fraud and cyber fraud coverage
- Watercraft coverage
- Flood insurance
- Condo and co-op insurance
- PURE home systems protection coverage
- High-risk home coverage
Frequently asked questions
What is the best auto insurance company?
There are thousands of car insurance companies on the market, and each provider has strengths and weaknesses. Some of the best car insurance companies are State Farm, Geico, Progressive and Allstate.
What is the best home insurance company?
Based on customer satisfaction and financial strength ratings, the best home insurance companies include Amica, Allstate, Geico, MetLife, USAA and Chubb. It’s always a good idea to shop around and compare rates before purchasing a policy.
How do I get a quote from PURE Insurance?
To get a quote from PURE, contact an agent by calling (888) 814-7873 or fill out this proposal request form. A PURE representative will reach out and help you figure out what type of coverage is best for you.
What do I need to file a claim with PURE Insurance?
When you file a claim with PURE, you will need to submit claim paperwork and provide proof of damage. Photos, videos and a written description of the event can help insurance adjusters accurately evaluate your claim and determine your payout. For large home insurance claims, an adjuster might visit your home to evaluate the damage in person.