If you’re an avid traveler, you probably understand the value of being a loyalty program member with your favorite airlines and hotels. As a member of these loyalty programs, you can earn rewards by spending with the brand and eligible brand partners, plus making eligible purchases (which might include the brand’s dining or shopping loyalty program).
A number of travel credit cards allow you to transfer rewards points to one or more loyalty programs. As you redeem these rewards, you can enjoy free or heavily discounted flights, hotel stays or other perks and benefits that provide access to unique experiences and upgraded travel accommodations.
There are many ways to maximize your hotel and airline rewards, including by employing a co-branded credit card. You can also keep an eye out for limited-time ways to earn more rewards, as both hotels and airlines frequently offer such incentives. Alternatively, you can check out special discounts and promotions that let you stretch your points or miles further, saving more for your next trip.
Whatever your strategy for maximizing rewards, check out our ongoing list of deals and promotions from the most popular airline and hotel rewards programs—you might find an offer that’s perfect for you.
Top rewards program promotions by airline or hotel brand
Alaska Airlines promotions
Don’t let the name Alaska Airlines fool you. Alaska Airlines offers flights to more than 115 destinations within the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica and Belize. In fact, this airline, along with its partner airlines, has more flights to the West Coast than any other airline.
You can begin earning rewards miles with this airline just by flying with Alaska Airlines and its partners. But first, you must create a free account with the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. You can also earn rewards by using eligible travel credit cards, joining the Alaska Mileage Plan Dining program and by taking advantage of limited-time offers like this:
- Earn 50,000 miles when you buy or lease a SunPower solar energy solution.
American Airlines promotions
Like most other major hotel and airline companies, you can begin earning rewards miles by signing up for a free American Airlines AAdvantage account and buying flights. Other ways to earn include enrolling in the American Airlines AAdvantage Dining program, using the American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping platform and using an American Airlines credit card or another travel credit card that allows you to earn rewards toward travel that can be transferred to American Airlines. Noteworthy miles-earning opportunities with American Airlines include:
- Earn up to 10,000 miles per night on select properties when booking your hotel through the American Airlines hotel portal.
- Earn 1X mile per dollar on Apple purchases when you shop through the AAdvantage eShopping mall.
- Earn 1X mile per dollar for every eligible stay at a Hyatt property.
- Earn 1X mile per dollar on qualifying Vivid Seats ticket purchases.
- Earn bonus miles on exclusive, limited-time offers by booking cruises through American Airlines Cruises.
Delta Air Lines promotions
You can earn loyalty rewards through Delta Air Lines by opening a free Delta SkyMiles account. You can also sign up for one or more Delta Air Lines credit cards to earn rewards points. Here are some additional promotions Delta is offering as well:
- Earn up to 5X miles per dollar spent on dining with SkyMiles Dining.
- Earn 1X mile per dollar on eligible Ticketmaster purchases (events in the U.S. and Canada only) when you purchase them through DeltaTicketmaster.com.
- Get 1X mile per dollar spent on qualifying Airbnb stays.
- Earn 1X mile per dollar spent on Lyft rides and 2X miles per dollar on qualifying airport rides when you link your SkyMiles and Lyft accounts.
- Earn 1,500 miles with HelloFresh, plus 14 free meals and surprise gifts, through SkyMiles Shopping (limited-time offer).
Frontier Airlines promotions
Frontier Miles is the frequent flyer program of Frontier Airlines, and it works like many other airline loyalty programs. Signing up for Frontier Miles is free, and the program offers elite status tiers and additional ways to earn rewards. You can earn by spending with Frontier travel partners and by using the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®. Here are some current promotions and offers from Frontier Airlines:
- Earn 50 miles per ride for SuperShuttle van service or 150 miles per ride for ExecuCar private sedan service when you book airport rides online.
- Earn miles on qualifying rentals with Alamo, such as 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days or 500 miles for rentals of five days or longer.
- Earn miles with one of 15 Frontier Airlines partners—including Hertz, Marriott Bonvoy, Teleflora, Vinesse, Wyndham Rewards and more.
JetBlue’s rewards program, TrueBlue, is a frequent flyer program that lets members earn rewards points for free flights across the U.S. and abroad. TrueBlue members can earn rewards by flying with JetBlue and its travel partners, plus using the JetBlue TrueBlue shopping portal and JetBlue TrueBlue Dining program. Here are additional promotions by JetBlue to help you earn even more:
- Join TrueBlue Dining and earn 3X points at participating restaurants, bars and clubs.
- Earn 3X TrueBlue points when you make select purchases at Amazon.com during a flight.
- Earn 3X points at Home Depot.
- Earn 3X points at Bed Bath & Beyond.
- Get 5,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly three round-trip JetBlue flights in a calendar year; 7,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly seven round-trip JetBlue flights in a calendar year; and 10,000 bonus points when you purchase and fly 10 one-way JetBlue flights that are 1,600 miles or more in a calendar year.
Southwest Airlines promotions
Southwest offers several opportunities for Southwest Rapid Rewards program members to earn rewards points. Not only can you earn a travel pass known as the Southwest Companion Pass, but you can also earn points through the Southwest Rapid Rewards Dining program and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping program. Here are some current Southwest promotions for more reward-earning potential:
- Earn up to 10,000 Rapid Rewards points per night when you book your hotel stay through Southwest.
- Earn up to 2,400 Rapid Rewards points and save up to 30 percent on qualifying Budget car rentals through Jan. 31, 2023.
- Earn up to 2,400 Rapid Rewards points and save up to 35 percent on qualifying Avis car rentals through Jan. 31, 2023.
- Earn up to 2,400 Rapid Rewards points on qualifying Hertz rentals through June 30, 2022.
- Earn up to 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points and save 10 percent when you book a car rental with Payless through Jan. 31, 2023.
United Airlines promotions
If you are part of the free United MileagePlus program, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to earn rewards by simply flying with United and its airline partners. Plus, you can earn more when you use a United Airlines credit card or participate in the United MileagePlus dining program and MileagePlus rewards program. Here are current promotions that can help you earn more rewards in the United Airlines loyalty program:
- MileagePlus Premier members and cardholders can earn up to 3,000 bonus miles in the first 30 days with MileagePlus Dining.
- Earn miles for qualifying purchases related to retail; dining and entertainment; financial services; home, auto and transportation; and business products. Some current offers include:
- Earn 7,000 miles when you protect your home with any new SimpliSafe home security system.
- Receive up to 12,500 miles after two months of using NRG Home service. You can also receive 3X miles per dollar spent on the supply portion of your monthly electric and natural gas bills.
- Earn 5,000 miles on your first five boxes from Home Chef.
- Earn 20X miles per dollar at FTD, a flower and gift delivery service.
- Earn up to 10,000 miles per night for hotel stays booked with Rocketmiles. Plus, earn 3,000 bonus miles on your first booking (limited-time offer).
Hilton Honors is the loyalty program for Hilton Hotels. As a member, you can earn rewards by staying at Hilton Hotels, using co-branded Hilton credit cards, participating in Hilton Honors Dining, booking rental cars with Hilton partners (including Lyft) and reaching status milestones with Hilton stays. Here are other promotions that can help you earn more rewards with the Hilton Honors program:
- When you link your accounts, earn 3X points per dollar on Lyft rides in the U.S. and Canada and 2X points per dollar on shared Lyft rides. Plus, get $5 off your first three rides when you sign up as a new Lyft user.
The World of Hyatt loyalty program allows members to earn loyalty points by booking Hyatt stays, purchasing FIND Experiences, using the World of Hyatt Credit Card and reaching certain status tiers as a loyalty member. Here are other promotions Hyatt is offering:
- Stay at five different Hyatt brands and receive one free night with the Brand Explorer Award. Terms apply.
- Earn 500 bonus points for qualifying nights at new Hyatt properties.
- Earn 1X point per dollar on American Airlines flights when you link your accounts.
IHG Rewards Club is the loyalty rewards program for the InterContinental Hotel Group. The most well-known property under this umbrella is the Holiday Inn brand. You can earn rewards in this program by reaching certain status tiers, using one of the IHG credit cards, participating in the IHG Rewards Club Dining program and taking advantage of one or more of the promotions below:
- Earn up to 500 IHG Rewards Club points when you order from Grubhub through IHG.
- Earn up to 500 IHG Rewards Club points when you make an OpenTable reservation through IHG.
- Earn 4X points per dollar on qualifying Apple purchases.
It’s also worth noting that IHG Rewards is a transfer partner of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. This means you can sign up for an elite travel credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® or the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to earn rewards toward IHG stays.
The Marriott Bonvoy program is the loyalty program of all Marriott properties combined. You can earn points by booking stays with Marriott properties, climbing up the membership and elite status levels, spending with several Marriott partners, participating in the Eat Around Town by Marriott Bonvoy dining program and spending on a Marriott credit card. Here are additional promotional opportunities for earning Marriott Bonvoy rewards:
- Save on base rates and earn up to 2,000 bonus points on Hertz car rentals through June 30, 2022.
- Link your Marriott Bonvoy and Uber accounts to earn Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible Uber rides and Uber Eats purchases. You can earn 6X points per dollar on Uber Eats deliveries of $25+ to Marriott hotels, 3X points per dollar on select Uber rides and 2X points per dollar on non-hotel Uber Eats orders of $25+.
Wyndham Rewards is the Wyndham hotel chain’s loyalty program. Wyndham’s portfolio includes brands like budget-friendly Days Inn and La Quinta, as well as Ramada and Wyndham Grand. You can earn loyalty points by staying at Wyndham properties, climbing up the four membership tiers, using the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card or the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card, or shopping via the Wyndham Reward shopping portal. Some notable promotions include:
- Earn 2,500 bonus points when you enroll as a new Home Chef customer, plus get 500 points for each box after that.
- Earn 1,000 points on Budget rentals of three or more days, plus save up to 30 percent on base rates (coupon code required). Offer expires March 31, 2022.
- Join Opinion Rewards Panel for free and earn 500 points after completing your first survey. Then, earn points for every additional survey you complete.
The bottom line
Don’t miss out on extra rewards or limited-time savings. All of these promotions offer unique ways to either earn more points or miles or get even more out of your rewards. From shopping portals to dining programs to partner brands, deals like these can help upgrade your rewards strategy.