Coverage.com, LLC is a licensed insurance producer (NPN: 19966249). Coverage.com services are only available in states where it is licensed. Coverage.com may not offer insurance coverage in all states or scenarios. All insurance products are governed by the terms in the applicable insurance policy, and all related decisions (such as approval for coverage, premiums, commissions and fees) and policy obligations are the sole responsibility of the underwriting insurer. The information on this site does not modify any insurance policy terms in any way.
Car insurance for Infinitis
The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. To help readers understand how insurance affects their finances, we have licensed insurance professionals on staff who have spent a combined 47 years in the auto, home and life insurance industries. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation of . Our content is backed by Coverage.com, LLC, a licensed entity (NPN: 19966249). For more information, please see our .
Infiniti is a luxury brand owned by Nissan, one of the largest car manufacturers in the world. Although Infiniti is not the most popular car brand, the company still sells a large number of vehicles each year. In 2021, Infiniti sold 58,553 vehicles in the United States alone.
If you own an Infiniti, or are thinking about buying one, it may be helpful to consider the cost of car insurance. Infiniti is a luxury car brand, so insuring one of these vehicles can be more expensive when compared to the national average cost of car insurance, which is $1,771 per year for full coverage and $545 per year for minimum coverage. To help you understand what it may cost on average to insure an Infiniti, Bankrate compared average rate data from Quadrant Information Services for some of Infiniti’s most popular models.
Models included in this review:
- Infiniti Q50
- Infiniti Q60
- Infiniti QX50
- Infiniti QX80
How much does it cost to insure an Infiniti?
The average driver pays $1,771 per year for full coverage insurance and $545 per year for minimum coverage insurance, according to premium data from Quadrant Information Services. However, the cost of car insurance for Infinitis depends on a variety of factors, including the model of your vehicle. Additionally, different insurance companies charge different rates for the same Infiniti models. Here are some of the biggest factors that contribute to the cost of Infiniti insurance:
- Crash rate stats per make/model: Third-party ratings indicate that some Infinitis are safer than others. There were no 2022 Infiniti models that were named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). In general, safer cars have lower insurance premiums.
- Price of parts: Infinitis can be expensive to maintain and repair. It is possible that some parts will need to be shipped from overseas or specially ordered. Typically, cars that are pricier to fix have higher insurance premiums because they require bigger claim payouts.
- Safety features: Many 2022 Infiniti models are equipped with advanced safety features, like predictive forward collision warnings, lane departure warnings and adaptive steering. Because of that, having a car with these safety features may help lower the cost of insurance.
Car insurance for an Infiniti: by model
The insurance cost for an Infiniti depends on many different factors, most notably, the specific model you have. However, there are a variety of personal factors that can also impact your premium, such as your driving record and claim history. The cost of auto insurance for Infinitis is unique to each individual, but we received sample rates for several popular models to help you compare average premiums.
Car insurance for Infiniti Q50
The Infiniti Q50 is typically expensive to insure. The average full coverage premium of $2,286 per year is well above the national average rate of insurance. The 2022 Q50 is a luxury sedan with an MSRP of $42,100. You can choose from four trim levels with varying features. In the table below, you can see the average full coverage and minimum coverage rates for the Infiniti Q50 base model:
|Infiniti Q50 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Infiniti Q60
Based on our rate data, the Infiniti Q60 is the most expensive model to insure, with an average annual full coverage premium of $2,362. This coupe has an MSRP of $41,750 and comes with a number of performance features, like a 400 horsepower engine. There are three trim levels to choose from if you want more power and more capabilities. You can see the average minimum coverage and full coverage rates for Infiniti Q60 insurance in the table below:
|Infiniti Q60 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Infiniti QX50
The Infiniti QX50 is the brand’s compact luxury SUV. The QX50 has a starting MSRP of $39,150 and drivers can choose from 10 different models. Based on our sample rate data, the QX50 is the cheapest Infiniti to insure, with an average annual full coverage premium of $1,809, which is just slightly above the national average rate for all cars. The table below contains the average full and minimum coverage premium for the QX50 base model:
|Infiniti QX50 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Infiniti QX80
The Infiniti QX80 is the company’s full size SUV. It is also one of Infiniti’s most expensive models, with a starting MSRP of $71,100. The QX80 has a luxury interior, including a third row of seating and advanced safety features. The average cost of insurance is above average, but it is not the most expensive Infiniti model to insure, based on our rate data. The following table highlights the average annual rate for minimum and full coverage Infiniti QX80 insurance:
|Infiniti QX80 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Cheapest car insurance companies for Infinitis
The car insurance company you choose can have a big impact on the cost of your insurance. The five providers in the table below, which rank as the best car insurance companies in 2022, offer the cheapest Infiniti insurance rates. However, you can see that each carrier charges a different rate for the same model.
While each driver pays a different rate for insurance, the following table can help you determine which provider might be the cheapest based on the Infiniti model you own.
Average annual premium for full coverage by model
Infiniti features that impact insurance costs
Overall, Infinitis are safe vehicles, even though they fall short of some other manufacturers when it comes to third-party ratings, safety scores and crash tests. Here are a few Infiniti safety features that can impact the cost of car insurance:
- Blind spot warnings: Many new Infiniti models are equipped with a blind spot warning system, which alerts drivers when a car is in their blind spot. If the driver starts to change lanes while a car is in their blind spot, the technology can direct the driver back toward the center of their lane.
- Air bags: All Infinitis are equipped with air bags to protect the driver and passengers, regardless of where they are sitting in the car.
- Panoramic awareness: With Infiniti’s panoramic awareness technology, drivers get a 360-degree view of their vehicle while parking and alerts when moving objects are detected in front of, behind or next to the car.
- Automatic collision notifications: Some newer Infiniti models come with an automatic collision notification system, which allows the driver to contact a live response specialist 24/7, hands-free, in the event of an accident. The response specialist can dispatch emergency crews to the scene if necessary.
Other car insurance coverage for an Infiniti
Almost every driver is required to carry at least a minimum amount of car insurance that protects their financial liabilities in the event of an at-fault accident. However, there are a variety of other insurance coverage types that Infiniti owners might consider.
Upgrading to a full coverage policy will give you collision and comprehensive insurance to offer financial protection for your vehicle and help pay for covered damages. Accident forgiveness can keep your rate from increasing after your first accident. Drivers might also consider gap insurance if they lease or finance their new Infiniti, which is a type of insurance that can help repay the loan balance if your car gets totaled.
Frequently asked questions
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a clean driving record, good credit and the following full coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets each state’s requirements. Our base profile drivers own a 2019 Infiniti of the following model types, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually:
- Infiniti Q50
- Infiniti Q60
- Infiniti QX50
- Infiniti QX80
These are sample rates and should only be used for comparative purposes