New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company has been selling insurance since 1913. The property and casualty mutual company operates under the name NJM Auto Insurance, providing coverage mainly in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The organization transitioned away from an exclusive membership of policyholders in 2018. Now it offers moderate premiums and superior claims processing to the general public.
NJM Car Insurance
NJM Auto offers the usual auto insurance coverage options. Your NJM Auto quote will depend on what coverage you get and factors like driving history, vehicle and ZIP code
- 24/7 roadside assistance: Get roadside assistance for a set fee if you run out of gas or need a tow.
- No-fault protection: Your policy will pay your medical expenses regardless of who is at fault of an accident.
- Collision: Coverage for damage resulting from your vehicle hitting another vehicle or object.
- Liability: Liability insurance covers any damages you caused.
- Personal injury protection: Covers the medical expenses or lost wages of a person injured in a car accident.
Cost of NJM auto insurance
The average annual cost of NJM auto insurance is $363 for minimum coverage and $1,226 for full coverage. Your annual premium will vary depending on your geographic location and zip code, personal characteristics such as credit history, gender, marital status, driving record and history, and more. New Jersey Manufacturers auto insurance is available to Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania Residents.
|Average annual cost of minimum coverage||Average annual cost of full coverage|
New Jersey Manufacturers auto insurance offers a wide variety of discounts that you can apply to save on your car insurance premiums. Drivers can mix and match any of the discounts that apply to you. Additionally, a local agent can find out what discounts apply to you by discussing your circumstances and plans. Some of the featured discounts include:
- Homeowners insurance bundle: Save when you insure both a car and a home, apartment or condo with NJM.
- Multi-car: Get a discount for insuring two or more vehicles on the same policy.
- Vehicle safety equipment: If you have anti-lock brakes, an anti-theft device, vehicle recovery device or air bags, you could save on your NJM Auto Insurance.
- New car: The model years’ age must be two years or less.
- Comprehensive coverage: This offers protection for both collision and non-collision events.
- Paid in full: Save when you opt for a single yearly premium payment instead of monthly payments.
- Electronic payment: Opt in to an automatic payment plan to save.
- Driver training: This discount is for drivers age 21 and younger who take classroom and hands-on training.
- Good student: This is for high school or college students who maintain a specific grade point average.
- Defensive driving: This is for NJ residents only who complete an approved driving course.
- Mature driver improvement: This is for PA drivers age 55 or older who complete an approved driving course.
NJM home insurance
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance expanded its prior restrictions of being available only to certain groups. Now, NJM offers home, car, renters and umbrella insurance to anyone in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. NJM offers a variety of home insurance coverage options including standard and liability coverages, personal property insurance, and protection for your home.
NJM offers one of the cheapest home insurance options in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. With an extensive list of coverage options, you’ll be able to find an affordable coverage policy that fits your budget and goals. Featured coverage options include:
- Basic coverage option: This includes your home, other property structures, personal property, damage to your home, personal liability and medical payments to others.
- Coverage in the event of a fire: This is to repair or replace your personal belongings.
- Coverage in the event a friend was injured while visiting: NJM will pay the medical bills up to your policy limit.
- Coverage for damage to neighbor’s property: This goes up to your coverage limits.
- Coverage for temporary housing/relocation costs: This helps if you need to relocate until your home is repaired.
- Additional fraud protection: This helps if you’re a victim of credit card fraud, a forged check or counterfeit money.
- Coverage for identity fraud: This pays back up to $15,000 for expenses you encounter from identity theft.
- Coverage in the event of an earthquake: This helps pay to repair damage to your home or belongings.
- Water backup coverage: This goes up to $5,000 if there are water or pump overflows.
- Supplemental loss assessment: This goes up to $5,000, depending on your policy.
In addition to offering the most affordable homeowners insurance options across the state, NJM doesn’t stop there. With additional discounts, you can lower your premiums even more and save extra. While some of the discounts are offered to all policyholders, a few discounts apply only to certain states. Some of the discounts offered by NJM include:
- Multi-policy when you bundle your home and auto insurance
- Smoke detector, burglar alarm and automatic sprinkler system
- Seniors 65 or older
- New-construction or new home
- Electronic payments and paperless in (limited states)
- Impact-resistant glass in all windows (limited states)
Reasons why NJM is a good option
In addition to offering the cheapest homeowners insurance across New Jersey and Pennsylvania, New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance offers a variety of coverage options and discounts. Coverage can be personalized to your needs, budget, and goals and discounts can be applied to further reduce your costs. You can also add additional add-ons for extra protection. NJM provides excellent customer service and has been recognized by J.D. Power Ratings in 2019 for a strong customer satisfaction rating.
The disadvantages of NJM are that insurance policies are not offered in all states. NJM also does not offer an app where policyholders can manage their insurance policies and claims easily and at hand.
NJM is a great insurance company to look into if you are located in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New Jersey and have a vehicle and a home. Those who are looking to bundle on policies will also reap the benefits of additional savings.
NJM Insurance ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Satisfied customers helped NJM Auto become the first J.D. Power Claims Certification Program member in 2018. The program recognizes auto insurers with outstanding claims services, including the NJM Auto claims process. Insurers must pass a rigorous inspection including analysis of 90 claims judged on customer satisfaction. They must also rank in the 80th percentile on the J.D. Powers Claims Satisfaction Index.
NJM auto and home customers filed few complaints with the Better Business Bureau considering almost $2 billion in direct premiums written as of 2018. NJM Auto closed thirty-three complaints from July 2016 to July 2018, giving the company an A- rating. Financial statements published by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners reveal ample assets to cover a mixture of property and casualty liabilities and profits generate dividends which are paid back to policyholders. AM Best gave NJM Manufacturers an A+ credit rating citing its strong balance sheet.
NJM Auto customer service is easy for customers after experiencing a loss. The NJM Auto claims process efficiency helps maintain company profits which are paid back to policyholders in the form of dividends.
New Jersey or Pennsylvania customers comfortable buying auto and home insurance online will appreciate that NJM quotes are available online, as well as the options for online payments and other electronic servicing. The direct-to-consumers approach cuts enables the insurer to build relationships directly with policyholders.
|J.D. Power||AM Best||BBB|
|NJM Insurance||909/1000||A+ Superior||1.5/5|
Additional policies offered by NJM
NJM Auto offers other types of insurance coverage depending on the policyholder’s state:
- Homeowners insurance (NJ, PA)
- Recreational vehicles (NJ, PA)
- Classic cars (NJ, PA)
- Motorcycles (NJ, PA)
- Boats and personal watercraft (NJ, PA)
- Umbrella insurance (NJ, PA)
- Commercial auto (NJ, NY, PA)
- Commercial general liability (NJ, NY, PA)
- Worker’s compensation (CT, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA)
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get a quote from NJM Auto Insurance?
To get a NJM Auto quote, you’ll need a valid email address, driver’s license number, driving history information, the names of all drivers to be insured on the policy and the safety features on the vehicle.
How do I file an NJM Auto Insurance claim?
File online via the claims portal or call a customer service agent 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a cleaning driving record, good credit and the following full coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverages that meet each state’s requirements. Our sample drivers own a 2018 Honda Accord, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually.
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes may be different.