Since 2011, Good2Go has been offering non-standard car insurance for drivers who may otherwise find it difficult to find coverage. Although the company may seem relatively new to the insurance space, it has actually been around for more than 95 years since being an affiliate of American Independent Insurance Company.
It was in 2016 that the company decided to consolidate and operate all business under the Good2Go Auto Insurance name, specializing in providing minimum coverage in addition to collision and comprehensive. With many larger insurers offering coverage, it could be easy to overlook the company in your research. However, it may be worth considering if you are a high-risk driver or seeking cheaper car insurance quotes.
Good2Go car insurance
Coverage from Good2Go is generally basic, but could offer what you need as a driver based on your driving history and state’s minimum coverage requirements. Good2Go insures drivers across the country, including Washington, D.C.
Good2Go’s coverage options are mostly standard, but include:
- Liability: This type of coverage protects you from financial liability in the case that others incur injuries and property damage in an accident that you caused.
- Medical: Medical coverage pays off the medical expenses for you and your passengers in the case of injuries in a car accident.
- Collision: This covers physical damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive: This offers financial protection for non-collision related events such as fire, hail, theft and falling objects.
- Rental reimbursement: This coverage covers the cost of your daily rental vehicle fees while your car is being repaired during the claims process.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist: If you are injured or suffer damage in an accident caused by a driver without insurance, this coverage will ensure your expenses are covered.
- Towing and labor costs: If your car needs to be towed from the site of an accident or because you experience mechanical breakdown, this coverage may be used to cover the expense.
Good2Go also offers a variety of 12 discounts to help you reduce your monthly premium. A few of the most impactful options include:
- LifeSaver app: If you download the LifeSaver app to your mobile device, which helps block texts while driving, you could save up to 5% on your policy.
- Safe driver: If you have minimal to no accidents or traffic violations on your driving record, earn a discount of between 10-30%.
- Good student: Students between the ages of 16 to 25 may receive a discount of up to 10% if they maintain a B average and above. (So far, this policy is only available in Georgia and New Jersey.)
- Multi-car: Insuring two or more cars in the same household could earn you savings of up to 32%.
- Paid in full: Pay the full year up front and you could receive up to 31% off your annual premium.
- Prior insurance: If you are currently insured and have had your policy for at least six continuous months before switching to Good2Go, you could qualify for up to a 40% discount.
Good2Go Auto ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Good2Go has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2015, but has an F rating. The company averages 1-star rating from customers, many of which refer to less than stellar customer service when it comes to filing or following up on a claim. Complaints also include billing issues and poor claims processing. In the last three years, Good2Go has had 145 complaints closed and 84 in the last 12 months alone.
Good2Go does not have J.D. Power or AM Best ratings. Good2Go also has a higher than average National Association of Insurance Commissioners complaint index — NAIC code 17957 — and exceeds the 2.0 maximum calculation.
Reasons why Good2Go Auto may be a good option
While not a top option for all car owners, Good2Go is a good option for drivers who are struggling to find coverage with well-known car insurance companies. Obtaining coverage from Good2Go is relatively easy, however, navigating its website to research its coverage options could be difficult. Good2Go does offer support to customers both online and over the phone 24/7 at their customer service line 855-MINIMO1.
Additional policies offered by Good2Go Auto
While well-known insurance providers typically offer a variety of policies, Good2Go specializes only in car insurance. Its policies include liability only car insurance as well as collision and comprehensive coverage options.
Frequently asked questions
What information is needed in order to get a quote from Good2Go?
To get a quote from Good2Go , you will need to provide personal details, such as your age, location, and drivers license. You’ll also need to include information about your vehicle and driving record. You can request a quote online.
How do I file a claim with Good2Go?
Good2Go is available 24/7 for you to file a claim by phone or online. If you call after business hours, an automated system will collect your information and a customer service specialist will contact you directly.
How long will it take for me to receive reimbursement?
Your claims agent can provide you with more accurate details about the process. The length of time depends on the type of accident and the investigation.