Pronto Insurance sells coverage in California, Florida and Texas, but the policy availability varies by state. The company offers a number of insurance products, but auto insurance and homeowners insurance are its most popular policies. One of the most unique aspects of Pronto Insurance is that it primarily serves Latino communities. There is a separate customer service line for Spanish speakers, and the website is also accessible in Spanish.
Pronto car insurance
Pronto car insurance is primarily geared towards high-risk drivers, but the company also sells standard coverage. Currently, coverage is only available for drivers in Texas. There are three packages available, including an option for non-owners and for an SR-22. Pronto also sells Mexico insurance for policyholders that travel to and from Mexico.
Types of coverage
With a Pronto auto insurance policy, drivers can choose from one of three package options. Each package comes with different types of coverage and varying levels of coverage. Here is a quick look at Pronto’s coverage options:
- Essential package: The essential package includes bodily injury and property damage liability coverage. Drivers can purchase personal injury protection (PIP), uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) and roadside assistance for an added fee. Policies are available in one-, three- or six-month terms.
- Comprehensive package: The comprehensive package includes liability coverage, plus collision and comprehensive insurance. Drivers can customize their policy with PIP coverage, UM/UIM coverage, roadside assistance, rental car coverage, towing coverage and custom equipment coverage. Comprehensive policies are available in six-month terms.
- Alternative package: The alternative package is the non-standard insurance option. It includes non-owners liability insurance and SR-22 insurance. Coverage in this package is available in six-month terms.
Pronto offers limited discounts for drivers who are looking to save money:
- Multi-car discount: Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with Pronto can get a cheaper rate.
- Renewal discount: Drivers who renew their policy with Pronto can get a small discount for every year they stay with the company.
Pronto home insurance
Pronto home insurance is available in Texas and California. The 12-month policies come with standard coverage, but there many unique endorsements available for added protection. Pronto only insures homes that are valued at $250,000 or less. On its website, prospective customers can get a detailed overview of what is and is not covered under a Pronto home insurance policy.
Types of coverage
A standard homeowners insurance policy from Pronto includes basic coverage only. However, homeowners can customize their policy with generous add-ons for an additional fee. Here are the coverage options that are sold by Pronto:
- Basic coverage: Pronto’s Homeowners package includes dwelling, personal property, other structures, liability and medical payments coverage.
- Hurricane, hail and wind coverage: Homeowners who are required to purchase hurricane, hail or wind insurance to fulfill their mortgage requirements can get these coverages through Pronto.
- Dwelling replacement cost coverage: Dwelling replacement cost coverage will pay to rebuild a home up to its current value if it gets damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Residential glass coverage: This policy will cover glass damage if the glass can be repaired, rather than replaced.
- Pet liability coverage: Pet liability coverage pays for property damage and bodily injury caused by a dog or cat.
- Additional living expenses: Additional living expenses coverage pays for lodging and food bills if the home is damaged by a covered peril and the occupants have to temporarily move out.
- Debris removal: This coverage will pay to remove debris after a storm or other incident.
- Temporary repairs coverage: If a home gets damaged and needs to be temporarily repaired, Pronto will cover the cost.
- Trees, shrubs, plants and lawn coverage: This policy will pay for landscaping services if trees, shrubs, lawns or plants get destroyed in a covered peril.
- Arson reward coverage: If a home is damaged or destroyed in suspected arson, Pronto will cover the cost of an arson reward.
- Collapse coverage: Pronto will pay to repair or rebuild homes that collapse or partially collapse due to a covered peril.
Pronto does not list any homeowners insurance discounts online. We recommend contacting an agent to find out if there are any unadvertised discounts in your state.
Reasons why Pronto is a good option
Pronto is a great insurance company for people who need auto or home insurance. This company is best suited for people in the Latino community, and Spanish speakers in particular, because the company offers bilingual customer support. Pronto cares about customer service, and it is easy to get in touch with an agent, either on the phone, through the online chat or by visiting the drive-thru window at one of its 300 locations.
Pronto auto insurance is a good option for high-risk drivers that need non-standard insurance. The alternative package includes non-owners insurance and SR-22 insurance, plus state minimum liability coverage. Drivers who are not considered high-risk can get decent coverage from Pronto, but the policies may be more expensive.
In terms of homeowners insurance, Pronto offers robust endorsements, including some unique options that most other providers do not have. The one caveat with Pronto home insurance is that it will only cover homes up to $250,00 in value. Additionally, there is little flexibility in the policy limits.
Pronto ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Pronto Insurance reviews are difficult to find. The company is not rated by J.D. Power or AM Best. The company is technically not rated by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but it has an average rating of 1.2 out of 5 stars based on 10 customer reviews.
Additional policies offered by Pronto
In addition to auto and home insurance, Pronto also offers the following insurance policies:
- Motorcycle insurance
- RV insurance
- Boat insurance
- Watercraft insurance
- Renters insurance
- Mobile home insurance
- Condo insurance
- Mexico insurance
- Commercial insurance
- Health insurance (Medicare Advantage insurance and supplement insurance)
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get a quote from Pronto?
To get a quote from Pronto Insurance, you can use the online quote tool or call customer service. You will be asked to provide your name, age, marital status and any recent traffic violations. Then, you will enter your car’s make, model and year, and the type of coverage you want.
How do I file a claim with Pronto?
Policyholders can file a claim online, over the phone or through the online chat feature. You will enter your name and contact information, the time, date and location of the incident, the police report number (if you have one) and details about the claim, including a description of the claim and witness’ contact information. The last step is to enter information about additional claimants and their losses, if applicable.