Freeway Insurance is a relative newcomer to the insurance industry. Founded in 1987, it claims to be “the largest privately-held insurance distribution company”. This means you won’t be tied to a specific company. Freeway Insurance services will help you find the best and cheapest coverage, regardless of how much (or how little) insurance you need.
Freeway can help you get insurance for your car and other vehicles, home or apartment, business, health, life, travel and more.
Freeway car insurance
The Freeway Insurance Company’s most popular product is low-cost car insurance. In addition to everyday vehicle coverage, Freeway offers motorcycle, motorhome, watercraft, snowmobile and ATV insurance. Freeway car insurance is available for most types of autos and drivers, including those with previous accidents or DUIs.
Types of coverage
- Liability: All states require drivers to have at least a basic amount of liability coverage. Liability is the foundation of a car insurance policy and pays for damages you cause to others or their property.
- Collision: Because liability insurance is limited to paying for damages to others, you can add collision insurance to repair or replace your car if it’s damaged in an accident.
- Comprehensive: Often purchased with collision insurance, it covers your car against damages or loss in case of theft, vandalism, fire or extreme weather.
- Gap insurance: It pays off your auto loan balance if your car is totaled and the cash value you get is less than what you owe.
- DUI: If you have trouble finding car insurance after a serious offense, DUI coverage is designed for high-risk drivers who can’t buy car insurance elsewhere.
- SR-22: Freeway Insurance will file an SR-22 with the state you live in on your behalf confirming you have a valid insurance policy. You’ll need it to reinstate your driver’s license or legally drive again.
- Medical payments: Covers your medical bills and that of your passengers if you’re injured in an accident.
- No-fault: Known as personal injury protection (PIP) in some states, no-fault insurance will pay for loss of income, accidental death and funeral expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: UI/UIM pays for your damages and injuries if the party that caused them doesn’t have enough coverage or is uninsured.
- Rental reimbursement: If your car needs to stay in a shop longer than 24 hours for repairs after an accident, this coverage will pay for a rental car until you can drive your car again.
- Good driver: Drivers with no accidents or tickets are eligible for additional discounts on their car insurance.
- Student: High school and college students who can show they’re enrolled in school can see savings on their car insurance rates.
- Military: Freeway auto insurance offers active-duty military personnel a discount on vehicle coverage.
- Bundle: You’ll save on all your insurance if you add home or renters insurance to your auto policy. You’ll also be able to manage your insurance easier when it’s all with one company.
- Multicar: The more vehicles you insure, the more a multicar discount will save you on your auto coverage.
Freeway home insurance
Whether you’re buying your first home or you’re on a tight budget, Freeway offers cheap home insurance. You’ll find coverage for all types of homes and rentals.
Types of coverage
- Homeowners: Freeway home insurance covers your property and belongings against perils such as hurricanes, fire, lightning, windstorms or hail. You’ll also have protection against lawsuits and judgments if someone is hurt in your home.
- Renters: Having rental insurance will provide the money you need to repair or replace your rental home’s personal belongings.
- Landlord: If you plan to rent out your home, a landlord policy will reimburse you for damages or losses to your income property, including lost rental income if the property is uninhabitable.
- Bundle: Buy car and homeowners insurance from Freeway for a discount on both coverages.
Freeway life insurance
If you have loved ones who rely on you financially, life insurance will leave a cash payout after you pass. Freeway’s insurance agents will help you find the best rates on life insurance. The question is, what kind of life insurance would be best?
Types of policies offered
- Term: The cheapest kind of life insurance, you can buy coverage for a length of 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. However, once the policy ends, your loved ones will no longer receive a death benefit if you pass.
- Whole: Whole life insurance is permanent. As long as you continue to pay your premiums you’re covered. It’s typically more expensive than term life insurance but it adds a cash value component, which is a type of savings you can access while you’re living.
Freeway ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Freeway insurance reviews are not as comprehensive as other major insurers because it’s a smaller provider. Ratings agencies generally don’t rate providers as small as Freeway, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth your consideration. Rather, you should look at other metrics like coverage available and reviews from customers to make your decision.
Reasons why Freeway is a good option
Freeway provides coverage for all types of insurance shoppers, although it focuses most on finding you the best deal. Drivers who have previous accidents or require an SR-22 may benefit most from Freeway car insurance. Freeway is best for customers who may have trouble finding affordable insurance or who would rather someone else do the shopping around on their behalf.
Additional policies offered by Freeway
- Roadside assistance
Frequently asked questions
What states is Freeway Insurance available in?
The Freeway insurance company offers coverage in all 50 states. However, discounts and coverages may vary based on location.
How can I get a Freeway Insurance Company quote?
Freeway Insurance has a quick quote online tool and offices in 22 states including the West Coast, Midwest, the Panhandle and New England. If you live in a state with no office, you can call 888-443-4662 to speak with an agent.
What are Freeway Insurance reviews like?
Freeway Insurance reviews on Trustpilot average 4.3 out of 5 stars. Many reviewers found the insurance agents to be helpful and knowledgeable.