CONNECT, powered by American Family, is an insurance company that offers a range of insurance products, including auto, home and umbrella insurance. The company puts a focus on connection, and strives to match customers with the products that most closely match their lifestyles. With the backing of American Family Insurance, CONNECT could be a good option for some policyholders.
|Numerous endorsements available for home and auto insurance||The National Association Of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Complaint Index score indicates the company has twice as many complaints as the average baseline|
|Long list of discounts available to help decrease policy premiums||Availability may be limited in some states|
CONNECT’s most popular products are its homeowners and car insurance policies, both offered through American Family. Both policies come with unique endorsements that could be ideal for policyholders who require specific types of coverage. Bankrate’s insurance editorial team reviewed CONNECT insurance to help you determine if the provider’s products are right for you.
CONNECT car insurance | Bankrate Score: Not rated
CONNECT car insurance may be an option for drivers who want access to special benefits within certain car insurance coverage types. For example, CONNECT’s comprehensive coverage comes with stolen key expense coverage that will replace your car’s locks if the keys to the vehicle are stolen. If the cost of the replacement locks is less than $250, there is no deductible requirement. CONNECT car insurance also offers accident travel expense coverage that pays for travel or accommodation if you are more than 100 miles from home and your car is not drivable.
These options allow you to personalize your standard CONNECT car insurance policy, which includes bodily injury and property damage liability, uninsured motorist coverage, medical expense and personal injury coverage. CONNECT even offers gap insurance and new car replacement insurance for drivers who want additional protection for their new vehicles, as well as roadside assistance.
CONNECT car insurance discounts
Car insurance can be an expensive part of every driver’s budget, but there are ways you may be able to lower the cost. While CONNECT’s car insurance rates are unavailable, one way to earn savings on car insurance is to take advantage of the discounts you qualify for. A few of CONNECT’s unique discounts include:
- Garaging discount: If you park your car in a garage overnight in certain areas, you may qualify for this discount.
- Premier safety discount: To qualify for this discount, all drivers listed on the policy must maintain a clean driving record and must not have filed any claims within the last four years.
- Tenure discount: This discount may be earned after maintaining continuous coverage with CONNECT for a certain number of years.
CONNECT car services
CONNECT does not appear to offer any additional services to auto insurance policyholders at this time.
CONNECT home insurance | Bankrate Score Not available
CONNECT home insurance allows homeowners to build fully personalized policies for their homes and cover unique risks with endorsements. After choosing policy limits for standard coverage, like dwelling and liability coverage, homeowners can choose to add other types of coverage, like earthquake coverage, scheduled personal property coverage, or mine subsidence insurance, which must be offered in some states.
As with its auto insurance, CONNECT home insurance is underwritten by American Family, the company’s parent company. American Family received a Bankrate Score of 4.0 out of 5. It also scored above-average in J.D. Power’s 2021 US Home Insurance Study, indicating that policyholders are generally satisfied with this company’s home insurance. However, CONNECT home insurance does not have mobile app accessibility, which may be a drawback for customers who want to manage their policies on mobile.
CONNECT home insurance discounts
Home insurance is a necessary expense for most homeowners, making affordability a key priority when it comes to finding the best homeowners insurance. CONNECT home insurance rates may not be available, but some unique discounts on a CONNECT home insurance policy include:
- Renovation discounts: Depending on the type of work done on your home and how recently it was completed, you may qualify for a discount on your CONNECT home insurance policy. Applicable renovations may include roof replacement, heating and cooling renovations, electrical renovations and plumbing renovations.
- Age of home discount: You may qualify for discounts on your home insurance policy if your home is newer.
- Claims-free discount: If you have not filed a claim within the last five years and live in certain states, you may qualify for this discount on your policy.
CONNECT home services
CONNECT does not offer any additional services to homeowners insurance policyholders.
CONNECT life insurance
CONNECT does not offer life insurance, but Bankrate has compiled a list of the best life insurance companies to find the best fit for you.
Other CONNECT perks worth considering
- Renters insurance: Renters can purchase a policy with coverage for their personal belongings, as well as liability and loss of use coverage.
- Condominium insurance: Condominium unit owners typically need coverage for the interior of their unit, which this policy type accounts for.
- Umbrella insurance: An umbrella policy can be useful if you want increased personal liability coverage for your auto and home policies that goes beyond the policy limit.
CONNECT social responsibility
CONNECT has internal initiatives with its teams and external initiatives with non-profit organizations that align with its mission to improve communities. Organizations it has partnered with include Habitat for Humanity, United Way and Literacy Green Bay.
Employees are also offered paid time off to volunteer and the company will match employee donations to participating organizations through its American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation. This foundation also awards college or vocational schools scholarships to children of full-time employees.
Not sure if CONNECT is right for you? Consider these alternatives
- Farmers Insurance: As a large and nationally available carrier, Farmers also offers unique home and auto insurance endorsements to personalize your policy.
- Geico: Geico’s average rates and long list of discounts make it one of the cheapest car insurance companies in the nation.
- State Farm: State Farm was recognized for its low premiums and excellent customer service in the 2022 Bankrate Awards, where it tied for one of the best car insurance companies
Bankrate Scores primarily reflect a weighted rank of industry-standard ratings for financial strength and customer experience in addition to analysis of quoted annual premiums from Quadrant Information Services, spanning all 50 states and Washington, D.C. We know it is important for drivers and homeowners to be confident their financial protection covers the likeliest risks, is priced competitively and is provided by a financially-sound company with a history of positive customer support.
To determine how well the best car and home insurance companies satisfy these priorities, third-party agency ratings from J.D. Power, AM Best, S&P, NAIC, and Moody’s had the most impact on the companies’ Bankrate Scores. As price is a common consideration for drivers and homeowners, we analyzed quoted premiums based on 40-year-old male and female drivers with a 2019 Toyota Camry, as well as 40-year-old male and female homeowners with $250,000 in dwelling coverage. This profile, assessed across nearly 35,000 ZIP codes in the U.S., provided a basis on which drivers and homeowners may compare each provider.
While coverage options, insurer availability, affordability and customer experience are often the top priorities, Bankrate also analyzed each insurer’s online and mobile resources for policy management and claims handling. Insurance is rapidly evolving to keep pace with our digital world, so these aspects also carried weight in determining Bankrate Scores.