Coverage.com, LLC is a licensed insurance producer (NPN: 19966249). Coverage.com services are only available in states where it is licensed. Coverage.com may not offer insurance coverage in all states or scenarios. All insurance products are governed by the terms in the applicable insurance policy, and all related decisions (such as approval for coverage, premiums, commissions and fees) and policy obligations are the sole responsibility of the underwriting insurer. The information on this site does not modify any insurance policy terms in any way.
Car insurance for Audis
The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. To help readers understand how insurance affects their finances, we have licensed insurance professionals on staff who have spent a combined 47 years in the auto, home and life insurance industries. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation of . Our content is backed by Coverage.com, LLC, a licensed entity (NPN: 19966249). For more information, please see our .
For some, a luxury car is a dream purchase. Audi, a German auto manufacturer, produces some of the most coveted high-end cars in the world. If buying an Audi is on your bucket list, or if you already own one, you might want to know how much these luxury vehicles generally cost to insure.
The average cost of car insurance in the United States is $1,674 per year for full coverage. Because the type of car you drive is an important contributor to your insurance costs, the specific type of Audi you purchase will affect how much you pay. Your driving record, the coverage types and limits you choose and your driving history will also impact your premium. So how much is Audi insurance? Bankrate can help you find out.
Models included in this review:
How much does it cost to insure an Audi?
Determining car insurance for luxury cars like an Audi can be tricky. Because so many elements impact car insurance premiums, no two Audi owners will likely have the same premium. Car insurance companies may use rating factors such as your ZIP code, annual mileage, whether or not you have a clean driving record and more to determine auto insurance costs.
The average annual premium for full coverage car insurance costs $1,674 in the U.S. based on data compiled from Quadrant Information Services. However, rates will vary greatly between car insurance companies and vehicle types. Additionally, the following factors can impact how much you pay for car insurance as well:
- Price of parts: Audi is a luxury brand, and as such, its parts are likely to be more expensive than mid-range cars. If you purchase full coverage for your Audi, it might cost more than it would for other models.
- Safety features: The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) chose 10 Audi models for its “Top Safety Pick” awards in 2021. Safety features like front crash protection, blind spot detection and lane departure prevention are options on several Audi models. These safety features could help lessen the risk of accidents, which can lower the cost of your insurance.
When it comes to car insurance for Audis, the make and model of your vehicle also play a role in car insurance premiums. Some vehicle factors specific to an Audi may include:
- Audi quattro all-wheel drive: Audi’s version of all-wheel drive is said to improve your vehicle’s handling in rough conditions. This may help to mitigate accidents, which can lower insurance costs.
- Driver assistance features: Audi offers several optional features that can help drivers on the road. From assisting in parking to warning drivers of potential collisions, these systems may help lessen the risk of an accident.
- Digital Matrix LED headlights: Some Audi models have the option for specialized headlights called Digital Matrix LED, or DML. These high-tech headlights could help you spot and avoid potential hazards in low-visibility conditions.
Because these features often increase the overall value of your vehicle, you may notice that you pay more for full coverage car insurance policies. While the cost for some coverage types, like liability, might decrease because of the lower risk of an accident, your comprehensive and collision coverage might increase because your car would be more expensive to replace if it were damaged or totaled.
Car insurance for an Audi: by model
Each Audi model has unique characteristics. Similarly, each driver will have distinctive circumstances. Because of this, auto insurance for Audi vehicles will vary in price. The premiums below are average insurance rates and can serve as a guide, but the best way to know how much your insurance will cost is to shop around with different insurance carriers and request quotes.
Car insurance for Audi A3
The popular Audi A3 was redesigned for the 2022 model year. Standard features include keyless ignition, rear side airbags, LED headlights and taillights, a power panoramic sunroof and three-zone automatic climate control. Starting at $34,800, the A3 is Audi’s least expensive vehicle. It is also one of the least expensive Audi models to insure, as the average cost for minimum coverage is cheaper than the other vehicles on this list.
|Audi A3 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Audi A4
With 261 horsepower, the Audi A4 is a robust luxury sedan. The car can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in 5.2 seconds. Audi’s futuristic virtual cockpit is available as an option on the A4 and includes a 12.3 inch screen that can pinpoint your location Google Earth, which could come in handy if you’re driving in unfamiliar territory. Purchase prices for the A4 start at $39,900. Full coverage for an A4 will set you back an average of $2,000 per year.
|Audi A4 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Audi A5
Available as a coupe, sportback or cabriolet, the 2022 Audi A5 gives you more flexibility in body style than the A3 or A4. The A5 also has some impressive driver assistance features, including traffic relief, park assist and a top view camera function. You’ll pay a bit more for these features as the A5 starts at $46,000. The features also raise the cost of repairs or replacement, making full coverage car insurance more expensive on average.
|Audi A5 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Audi A8
As one of Audi’s premier luxury sedans, the Audi A8 starts at $86,500 and is loaded with features. One of the most attractive could be its user settings. You can program the vehicle to remember seven different profiles with up to 400 settings each. While minimum coverage isn’t much more expensive than it is for other Audi models, full coverage is nearly double the national average cost for insurance, at $3,300 per year on average.
|Audi A8 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Audi E-Tron
Audi’s electric car, the E-Tron, comes in several body styles, including sportback, GT and S. The base model starts at $65,900. With a towing capacity of 4,000 pounds, this is a luxury vehicle with brawn. Full coverage for the base model E-Tron is $2,250 per year, on average, which is less than the A8. This might be due to the “pre sense front” feature, which detects potential collisions and can warn you and even brake for you.
|Audi E-Tron car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Audi Q5
If you’re looking for an SUV, the Audi Q5 is a luxury model designed to impress. Prices for the Q5 start at $43,300. Perhaps one of the most impressive features of the Q5 is that a hybrid electric model is available. The Q5 55 TFSI e gives you a seven-speed transmission and can go from zero to 60 in just 5.7 seconds. And despite the higher price tag, full coverage car insurance for the Q5 is actually less than it is for the A3, on average.
|Audi Q5 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Cheapest car insurance companies for Audis
The insurance company you choose to cover your Audi will play a significant role in how much you pay in premiums. Each company has its own rating algorithm, so the same vehicle and the same coverage will often cost vastly different amounts with different carriers. The table below shows the average prices to insure these six Audi models with five of the largest insurance carriers by market share. Rates vary widely. For example, full coverage for an A3 costs an average of $1,804 per year with Geico, but only $1,081 per year with Erie. This illustrates the importance of getting quotes from multiple carriers.
Average annual premium for full coverage by model
|Car insurance company||Audi A3||Audi A4||Audi A5||Audi A8||Audi E-Tron||Audi Q5|
Other car insurance coverage for Audi
To make sure your Audi is properly insured, you might want to get quotes from several car insurance providers to find which one will give you the coverage you want at an affordable price. With the higher repair costs associated with this luxury brand, you may also want to consider choosing full coverage to help cover repair costs
Some helpful car insurance coverage options to protect your Audi include
- Collision: This coverage pays if your Audi is damaged or totaled due to a covered collision, regardless of fault. Covered scenarios might include rear-ending another vehicle, hitting a tree or backing into a pole.
- Comprehensive: Also called “other-than-collision coverage,” comprehensive, or physical damage coverage, is for claims not covered under collision. This includes broken glass, weather events, hitting an animal, vehicle theft or vandalism.
- Rental car reimbursement: This coverage provides a rental car if your Audi is being repaired due to a covered claim. If you don’t have another vehicle, it may be beneficial to include this coverage on your car insurance policy so that you won’t have to cover the costs of a rental car entirely out of pocket.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist: These coverage types are mandatory in some states and optional in others. If you are involved in an accident with someone who does not have insurance or does not have enough coverage to pay for damages, this coverage might pay for your injuries and property damage.
If you aren’t sure what coverage choices to consider for your Audi, working with a licensed agent could be helpful.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a clean driving record, good credit and the following full coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverages that meet each state’s requirements. Our base profile drivers own a 2019 [Make] of the following model types, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually:
- Audi A3
- Audi A4
- Audi A5
- Audi A8
- Audi E-Tron
- Audi Q5
These are sample rates and should only be used for comparative purposes.