How do you feel about your job security compared to 12 months ago?
- 30 to 49 years old: They were most likely to feel less secure (20 percent).
- Under 30 years old: They were most likely to feel more secure (30 percent).
- Results were mixed from January: The number of people who felt more secure dropped, but so did the number who feel less secure.
A sense that things can change quickly.
Senior economist, Wells Fargo
There are probably some contradictory trends. People feel better about job prospects, but still not great. They have a sense that things can change pretty quickly. Hiring has picked up. But there are 6.2 million people who are considered long-term unemployed. It's hard to feel real good when so many people know someone who's been out of work that long.
- 7 step to security after a job loss
- Tax breaks for the unemployed
- Writing off job-hunting costs
- Unsure about job? Save now
- How much emergency savings do you need?
- How to cope with debt after a layoff