Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, Falcon Insurance is one alternative for high-risk drivers in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah who need non-standard coverage. The coverage options are minimal, but the provider does offer SR-22 forms for drivers who need to prove they meet the state minimum coverage requirements for auto insurance. There are a few discounts available and a mobile app for policy management, but overall Falcon Insurance offers few additional benefits to policyholders.
|Offers coverage for high-risk drivers||Limited number of covered states|
|Digital assets for policy management, such as online and mobile app||Limited policy options|
|SR-22 filing available||No additional products, such as homeowners or renters insurance|
For high-risk drivers located in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah, Falcon Insurance is one option available for car insurance needs. The company has a network of over 1,200 independent agents focused on offering coverage regardless of the driver’s history. While Falcon may be a good option for drivers who might have challenges finding coverage elsewhere, a policy with Falcon could leave gaps in the coverage you need for your individual situation since there are limited offerings.
Falcon car insurance | Bankrate Score: Unrated
Falcon car insurance offers coverage options to drivers who might have a hard time securing coverage through other car insurance providers. These are drivers who are typically deemed high-risk, either because of their insurance-based credit score, driving history or their claims history. While Falcon insurance could be a good choice for higher-risk drivers, the options for a policy are limited.
Falcon car insurance offers standard liability insurance, including the minimum coverage required by the states it currently operates in. Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage are also available in the states that require these types of coverage. Falcon has options for comprehensive and collision coverage, allowing drivers to obtain a full coverage policy. The provider will also file an SR-22 form on your behalf when needed.
Falcon car insurance discounts
The Falcon Insurance Company does advertise a modest amount of car insurance discounts for further savings, including:
- Homeowner discount: Drivers who are also homeowners may receive a discount on their auto policy.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure two or more vehicles on a Falcon policy, you could be eligible for a multi-car discount.
- Pay in full discount: If you opt to pay the policy premiums in a lump sum up front, versus broken down into monthly installment payments, then you may receive a paid-in-full discount.
- Transfer discount: Drivers who switch their coverage from another provider could receive a transfer discount with Falcon.
Falcon car services
Falcon Insurance focuses solely on providing auto insurance coverage and does not offer any other insurance policies or coverage options.
Other Falcon perks worth considering
- Filing SR-22 forms: Drivers can pay to file an SR-22 certificate through Falcon Insurance if they live in a state where the form is required. SR-22s show that a driver has purchased the minimum insurance required by law to legally drive in the state.
- Mobile app: Falcon Insurance does offer a mobile app for convenient policy management on the smartphone or tablet. The app receives 8 out of 5 stars through the App Store and 4.6 stars on the Google Play Store. It offers claim filing, bill paying, agent information and other important features.
Falcon social responsibility
There is limited information regarding the charitable causes and community involvement Falcon Insurance participates in. The focus on the website is centered around providing coverage to those who are often unable to obtain it through other standard car insurance providers. However, the Falcon Insurance Facebook page is active and does provide numerous driving tips on a regular basis, including important information regarding vehicle recalls and safety statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Not sure if Falcon is right for you? Consider these alternatives
Comparing insurance providers not only helps you find the best rate for your budget, but it gives you a greater understanding if the carrier is the right fit for your needs. If you are unsure if Falcon car insurance is best for you, consider these other options.
- The General: The General Insurance is another option for high-risk drivers and also provides a wide range of coverage options, discounts and other types of insurance policies.
- Dairyland: This option for high-risk drivers is available in 37 states, provides a greater number of coverage options (including gap insurance) and earned an A+ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best.
- Geico: Geico has been offering competitive rates, multiple insurance coverage options and discounts for over 75 years, including to drivers who might be considered higher-risk.
Bankrate Scores primarily reflect a weighted rank of industry-standard ratings for financial strength and customer experience in addition to analysis of quoted annual premiums from Quadrant Information Services, spanning all 50 states and Washington, D.C. We know it is important for drivers to be confident their financial protection covers the likeliest risks, is priced competitively and is provided by a financially-sound company with a history of positive customer support.
To determine how well the best car insurance companies satisfy these priorities, third-party agency ratings from J.D. Power, AM Best, S&P, NAIC, and Moody’s had the most impact on the companies’ Bankrate Scores. As price is a common consideration for drivers, we analyzed quoted premiums based on 40-year-old male and female drivers with a 2019 Toyota Camry. This profile, assessed across more than 35,000 ZIP codes in the U.S., provided a basis on which drivers may compare each provider.
While coverage options, insurer availability, affordability and customer experience are often the top priorities, Bankrate also analyzed each insurer’s online and mobile resources for policy management and claims handling. Insurance is rapidly evolving to keep pace with our digital world, so these aspects also carried weight in determining Bankrate Scores.