Falcon Insurance Review
The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. To help readers understand how insurance affects their finances, we have licensed insurance professionals on staff who have spent a combined 47 years in the auto, home and life insurance industries. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation of . Our content is backed by Coverage.com, LLC, a licensed entity (NPN: 19966249). For more information, please see our .
At a glance
About Bankrate ScoreHover for more
- Offers coverage for high-risk drivers
- Digital assets for policy management, such as online and mobile app
- SR-22 filing available
- Limited number of covered states
- Limited policy options
- No additional products, such as homeowners or renters insurance
Headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, Falcon Insurance is one alternative for high-risk drivers in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah who need non-standard coverage. The coverage options are minimal, but the provider does offer SR-22 forms for drivers who need to prove they meet the state minimum coverage requirements for auto insurance. There are a few discounts available and a mobile app for policy management, but overall Falcon Insurance offers few additional benefits to policyholders.
For high-risk drivers located in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah, Falcon Insurance is one option available for car insurance needs. The company has a network of over 1,200 independent agents focused on offering coverage regardless of the driver’s history. While Falcon may be a good option for drivers who might have challenges finding coverage elsewhere, a policy with Falcon could leave gaps in the coverage you need for your individual situation since there are limited offerings.
Falcon car insurance
Falcon car insurance offers coverage options to drivers who might have a hard time securing coverage through other car insurance providers. These are drivers who are typically deemed high-risk, either because of their insurance-based credit score, driving history or their claims history. While Falcon insurance could be a good choice for higher-risk drivers, the options for a policy are limited.
Falcon car insurance offers standard liability insurance, including the minimum coverage required by the states it currently operates in. Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage are also available in the states that require these types of coverage. Falcon has options for comprehensive and collision coverage, allowing drivers to obtain a full coverage policy. The provider will also file an SR-22 form on your behalf when needed.
Falcon car insurance discounts
The Falcon Insurance Company does advertise a modest amount of car insurance discounts for further savings, including:
Falcon car services
Falcon Insurance focuses solely on providing auto insurance coverage and does not offer any other insurance policies or coverage options.
Other Falcon perks worth considering
- Filing SR-22 forms: Drivers can pay to file an SR-22 certificate through Falcon Insurance if they live in a state where the form is required. SR-22s show that a driver has purchased the minimum insurance required by law to legally drive in the state.
- Mobile app: Falcon Insurance does offer a mobile app for convenient policy management on the smartphone or tablet. The app receives 4.8 out of 5 stars through the App Store and 4.6 stars on the Google Play Store. It offers claim filing, bill paying, agent information and other important features.
Falcon corporate sustainability
There is limited information regarding the charitable causes and community involvement Falcon Insurance participates in. The focus on the website is centered around providing coverage to those who are often unable to obtain it through other standard car insurance providers. However, the Falcon Insurance Facebook page is active and does provide numerous driving tips on a regular basis, including important information regarding vehicle recalls and safety statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Not sure if Falcon is right for you? Consider these alternatives
Comparing insurance providers not only helps you find the best rate for your budget, but it gives you a greater understanding if the carrier is the right fit for your needs. If you are unsure if Falcon car insurance is best for you, consider these other options.
- The General: The General Insurance is another option for high-risk drivers and also provides a wide range of coverage options, discounts and other types of insurance policies.
- Dairyland: This option for high-risk drivers is available in 37 states, provides a greater number of coverage options (including gap insurance) and earned an A+ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best.
- Geico: Geico has been offering competitive rates, multiple insurance coverage options and discounts for over 75 years, including to drivers who might be considered higher-risk.