Acceptance Insurance review
The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. To help readers understand how insurance affects their finances, we have licensed insurance professionals on staff who have spent a combined 47 years in the auto, home and life insurance industries. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation of . Our content is backed by Coverage.com, LLC, a licensed entity (NPN: 19966249). For more information, please see our .
At a glance
About Bankrate ScoreHover for more
- Offers multiple insurance products
- Mexico travel insurance option available
- Limited state availability
- Rated B- by AM Best, indicating lower financial strength than many larger, national insurance carriers
Acceptance Insurance was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Nashville, TN. The company operates as a subsidiary of First Acceptance Insurance. Today, Acceptance has over 700 insurance agents and sells auto, home and life insurance products in 17 states. Acceptance also works with a network of carriers to help hard-working people find the best rate. Bankrate’s editorial team provides a review of Acceptance auto, home and life insurance options to help inform your insurance search.
Acceptance car insurance
Acceptance is one of the few insurance companies specializing in non-standard auto insurance, also called high-risk auto insurance. If you struggle to qualify for standard auto insurance due to bad credit (reflected in your insurance-based credit score), claims history or driving record, Acceptance might be a good option to explore. Even for drivers who don’t have bad credit or marks on their motor vehicle record, the following coverage types may help round out your car insurance coverage for greater financial protection.
Acceptance car insurance policies range from minimum to full coverage. Depending on your needs, typical coverage options are available for liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, as well as personal injury protection (where available), comprehensive and collision. Notably, Acceptance car insurance offers SR-22 certificates for drivers convicted of serious traffic violations and are required by the DMV to verify they have an active policy with at least the minimum required insurance coverage.
Acceptance also sells non-owner car insurance, which may be ideal for drivers who don’t own a car but occasionally borrow a vehicle. While the average cost of car insurance can vary based on many factors unique to you and your situation, the coverage types you elect can significantly impact your quote. For this reason, experts recommend comparing quotes from multiple car insurance companies with the same coverage elections to find the best rate for your situation.
Acceptance car insurance discounts
Earning car insurance discounts could be a great way to maximize savings on car insurance, especially if you have trouble qualifying for coverage with other insurers. Some potential Acceptance discounts you may be able to qualify for include:
Acceptance homeowners insurance
Acceptance insurance sells standard homeowners insurance coverage, such as dwelling, personal property, liability, medical payments and loss of use coverage. Compared to some of the other home insurance companies, this provider offers fewer optional coverage types, endorsements and discounts. However, high-risk homeowners with a history of claims, poor credit (where considered) or an aging home may find Acceptance is one insurer with whom they may find coverage.
Acceptance home insurance discounts
Using Acceptance home insurance discounts may help reduce the cost of home insurance policies. As the website doesn’t list any specific home insurance discounts available, the best way to check what options may be available in your area is to ask an Acceptance insurance agent directly at the time you obtain a quote.
Acceptance life insurance
Acceptance sells term life insurance, which may be a good option for younger people looking for affordable coverage for a specific time. At the end of the term, most life insurance companies offer the option to convert the term policy into a permanent policy, which provides financial protection for the duration of your life or as long as premiums are paid.
However, Acceptance Insurance’s website offers limited information about its term life insurance policies. It does not include information about the policy term lengths or coverage amounts. The site does allow online quoting, so you can enter your ZIP code and personal information to get a customized life insurance quote and learn more about the specific details regarding policy terms and conditions.
Acceptance life insurance endorsements
Acceptance doesn’t provide a listing of life insurance endorsements on its website. To see what Acceptance life insurance endorsements may be available to you, you need to contact one of their representatives directly or start an online quote.
Other perks worth considering
If you have other insurance needs and struggle to qualify for coverage from other national insurers, having all your policies in one place with Acceptance could simplify your insurance needs. Other Acceptance insurance products you may find beneficial for your situation include:
- Motorcycle insurance: If you own a motorcycle, this requires a type of insurance separate from car insurance.
- Renters insurance: As a renter, this policy is one of the best ways to financially protect yourself from theft, personal property damage from a covered loss, and liability risk.
- Pet insurance: Owning a pet can be expensive, especially if medical bills pile up. With Acceptance pet insurance, you may be able to protect your finances against this situation.
- Travel insurance: If planning to drive your car into Mexico, you may need a separate auto insurance policy to ensure your financial protection is extended into a second country. Acceptance’s policy term for its Mexico Tourist Auto Insurance is flexible, so it can be adjusted to how many days you plan to be in Mexico.
Acceptance corporate sustainability
Acceptance occasionally launches initiatives to support the community through its blog. Some recent programs have been supporting Feeding America, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and the Humane Society. Those who donate to these programs could also win the opportunity to win $5,000.
Not sure if Acceptance is right for you? Consider these alternatives
When shopping for car insurance, comparing multiple insurers can help you find the best insurance company that fits your budget. If Acceptance isn’t quite right for you, you may find it helpful to check out some of these other carriers:
- Nationwide: Nationwide has strong financial strength ratings and is widely available throughout the country for home, auto and life insurance.
- Geico: Geico offers some of the cheapest car insurance rates, and could be ideal for those who want to compare with another carrier.
- Erie: Another regional carrier, Erie could be an option for those who want a local company to meet their needs and live in one of the twelve states that Erie operates in.