Finding the right homeowners’ insurance can be an uphill battle — especially when attempting to assess your home’s risk on your own. Swyfft is attempting to change that process by offering homeowners an innovative solution to find the best insurance policies for their specific situation.
Using unique data sources and proprietary analytics, Swyfft finds the perfect match between homeowner and insurance policy to help you secure the best coverage solution possible.
Swyfft homeowners insurance
Swyfft offers a broad array of varying insurance policies that provide a wide range of different coverages, including:
- Dwelling: If you need to repair or replace the framing, roof, countertops, cabinets, flooring, walls, or other structural elements of the home, Swyfft’s homeowners’ insurance policies will cover the cost of these repairs.
- Other structures: This coverage is offered for structures not attached to the home, including storage sheds, barns, detached garages and guest homes.
- Personal property: If your personal property is damaged, Swyfft will cover the cost of replacement. This coverage extends to your personal belongings as well as personal property that may be located outside and items that may be in your child’s possession while away at college.
- Living expenses: Should your home be damaged beyond livability, Swyfft’s insurance policies can cover the expense of staying in a hotel while you wait for the damage to be repaired. They’ll even cover the cost of boarding for your pets if need be.
- Personal liability: If someone you know is hurt or incurs property damage while visiting your home and they file a lawsuit, the personal liability coverage offered by Swyfft will pay for the cost of an attorney for your defense.
- Medical expenses: Swyfft will pay for the cost of medical expenses incurred as a result of someone being injured while on your property.
Swyfft’s homeowners’ insurance policies are currently available in six states. These states include:
- New Jersey
- New York
While other insurance carriers will draw you in with promises of special discounts, Swyfft does not make this information public (at least not on its website). You can always call to inquire about possible discounts Swyfft may have.
When you call to inquire about special discounts, ask the following questions:
- Are discounts offered for certain home safety features?
- Are deductible savings available if you remain claim-free?
- Are there special savings available by bundling coverages?
- Are discounts available if you make home improvements?
- Are there special rates offered to those who are retired?
- Are discounts offered for new homes?
Even though there may not be a special rate advertised, you may still be able to save on your insurance premium by asking these questions. Many insurance carriers offer discounted rates when homeowners meet specific criteria.
Swyfft ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction & complaints
Because Swyfft is a fairly new company (only five years old at the time of this article), it does not yet have ratings from J.D. Power. However, AM Best gives Swyfft an A- rating while the Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives the insurance company an A+ rating.
Many customers choose Swyfft for their flexibility in setting homeowners’ insurance rates. While most companies will hold loss history against you in determining a fair rate, Swyfft doesn’t raise your rates based on past catastrophic loss, zero-dollar claims or prior losses at the same address.
Despite high ratings from AM Best and BBB, Swyfft has had some consumer complaints. The most common complaint consumers have is with the claims process: It’s somewhat ambiguous how the claims process works, and being that Swyfft is a company that highly prioritizes technology, they often rely on drones and electronic claims filing rather than sending out human inspectors. It’s meant to strengthen the accuracy of their claims; however, some customers feel the reliance on technology has impacted their ability to get approval on legitimate claims.
Reasons why Swyfft is a good option for insurance
Even though there may be some disgruntled Swyfft customers, the company is an excellent option for homeowners seeking insurance coverage in the areas covered by the company. Specifically, Swyfft homeowners’ insurance is a great choice for those who are seeking an affordable option after experiencing prior loss as the company does not allow prior damages to drive up your premium.
Additionally, Swyfft uses patented analytics and data sources to provide more accurate risk assessments for those seeking homeowners’ insurance. Because of this advanced technology, Swyfft is able to provide “lightning-fast” quotes in a matter of seconds using just your address.
Additional Policies Offered by Swyfft
Being such a new company, Swyfft’s policy offerings are pretty limited outside of homeowners’ insurance. However, the company does provide commercial insurance coverage for the following:
- Apartment buildings
- Condominium associations
- Shopping center owners and operators
- Office buildings
Commercial insurance coverage is currently offered in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
While not currently available, California is soon to join the list of areas where Swyfft’s commercial insurance products will be available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does homeowners’ insurance cover?
In general, homeowners’ insurance covers your home, personal property, personal liability, and medical payments. However, there are many other areas in which Swyfft can provide coverage, including living expenses and additional structures that exist on your property.
What is Swyfft’s financial strength rating?
Swyfft only provides insurance policies that are underwritten by carriers rated an A- or higher by AM Best. This is done strategically as Swyfft feels that carriers who receive such a rating exhibit a stronger likelihood of being able to pay claims.
Can I make online payments?
Nearly every encounter one will have with Swyfft happens online — and payments are no exception. To make a payment through Swyfft’s online portal, you’ll need to select “Make a Payment” in the main menu, enter your policy number and ZIP code, and submit your payment information. You can also elect to enroll in auto-pay so you never miss a payment.
How do I file a claim?
While not much is known about the claims filing process at Swyfft, customers are welcome to submit their claims online through the Claims Center.