If you are in the market for insurance, you might consider using Insurify to simplify your shopping experience. It is considered to be one of the leading insurance comparison websites that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to match users with multiple car insurance companies and quotes. You can purchase car, home and life insurance through Insurify.
Cambridge, MA-based Insurify was founded in 2013, and considers itself to be more of a technology company than an insurance company. To date, the company has raised over $25 million in funding and has provided more than $170 billion in insurance coverage to consumers around the country. Insurify is licensed to sell insurance in all 50 states.
What is Insurify?
Insurify is an online insurance marketplace where you can fill out basic information and receive quotes from several insurance companies that offer the coverage you are seeking. If you need car insurance, home insurance or life insurance, it may be worth visiting Insurify’s website to see if they can provide a suitable match. However, it is worth noting that Insurify does not underwrite any of the policies it sells because it relies on a partner network.
When you use Insurify, you may be able to eliminate the need to compare insurance companies and get individual quotes, so it has the potential to save you a lot of time. Plus, it is completely free to use and there are no hidden fees if you purchase a policy through Insurify.
One of the biggest draws of Insurify is that it can help you save money. Insurify’s AI uses the information on your application to find insurance companies that offer the most discounts you may qualify for. According to the company, customers save an average of $489 a year on Insurify auto insurance.
How does Insurify work?
To use Insurify, you start by filling out a short online application with basic information, like your name, address and birthday, and other details related to the type of insurance you need, like the make and model of your vehicle or the square footage of your home. Then, on the backend, Insurify’s AI uses your answers to match you with insurance providers in its network that offer the coverage you need at the best price based on discounts.
After you review your provider matches and quotes, you can either purchase a policy online, or call an agent to complete the process. An Insurify agent can also help answer any questions you have.
Once you purchase a policy through Insurify, you will work with your assigned insurance company to manage your policy, make changes to your coverage and file claims. Insurify simply matches you with the provider.
What insurance companies does Insurify partner with?
Insurify partners with more than 200 insurance companies to offer car, home and life insurance coverage. The network includes both national and regional carriers. Some of the more well-known providers that Insurify works with include:
- Liberty Mutual
Getting a quote from Insurify
Getting a quote for Insurify car insurance, home insurance or life insurance is quick and easy. It takes just two minutes to fill out the online form and you can track your progress in the sidebar.
- Start out by visiting Insurify’s website to fill out the online form. You’ll need to first enter your ZIP code and the type of coverage you are looking for. Then click on the button that urges you to “start saving”.
- You will then be asked to provide more in-depth information about yourself, your coverage needs and potential discounts you might qualify for.
- Based on the information you have provided, Insurify will match you with a handful of providers and show you live quotes for each company. It also shows you how much money you may be able to save using Insurify.
- At this point, you will have the option of purchasing coverage from one of the providers using Insurify’s online checkout. You will also be able to call Insurify using the phone number listed in the top right corner if you want to speak to an agent about any questions or concerns you might have.
Pros and cons of Insurify
Insurify reviews are generally positive. Most customers are happy with their rate and the overall experience, but there are pros and cons to this service. Here are some things to consider:
- Submitting one application will match you with multiple providers.
- Insurify works with a network of highly-rated local and national carriers.
- Eliminates the need to compare providers individually.
- Insurify’s AI connects you with providers that offer the best discounts.
- Does not work with all the major insurance providers, like State Farm or Allstate.
- There is no guarantee that Insurify’s rates will be lower than other providers.
- You may only get matched with a few providers based on your application.
- Insurify agent’s do not have in-depth knowledge of every provider they work with.
Frequently asked questions
Is Insurify legitimate?
Yes, Insurify is a completely legitimate company. The company has sold more than $170 billion in insurance coverage and has over four million customers. Plus, major insurance companies have invested in Insurify, including Nationwide and MassMutual’s investment arm, MassMutual Ventures.
How does Insurify make money?
Like all digital insurance marketplaces, Insurify gets paid every time a customer purchases a policy through one of its partner providers. Insurance providers like Geico and Esurance pay Insurify to generate leads through their platform, which helps them win more business.
Is Insurify insurance expensive?
One of Insurify’s selling points is that you can get affordable coverage. While Insurify’s AI works to match you with as many discounts as possible, there is no guarantee that the rates will be cheaper than getting a quote from a single insurance company.
Does Insurify have in-person agents?
No, Insurify does not work with in-person agents. The company is completely digital. However, you can speak with an Insurify agent via phone or through the online chat feature when you apply for a quote.
Is Insurify better than other insurance marketplaces?
There are several prominent insurance marketplaces that offer a similar service to Insurify. It is difficult to say whether Insurify is better than some of its competitors, because each platform has a different provider network, and unique pros and cons. If you want to use an online insurance marketplace, it might be worth comparing Insurify to some of the other popular websites to see which one is the best option for you.