Buying or selling a used car can sometimes be a long and difficult process. Beepi aims to make it easier. But before you use this service, it’s important to know the advantages and disadvantages. Check out this Beepi review to see if this service is right for you.
Buying a car with Beepi
Finding a car
Beepi doesn’t provide for pre-sale test drives. However, it does offer a 240-point vehicle inspection report for every listing. The report identifies flaws such as dimples in the front bumper or wear to the interior seats.
The photos Beepi provides are high-quality, and Beepi’s 360 feature offers an immersive visual tour of the car’s interior and exterior that can be seen from your computer or smartphone.
Each car listed on Beepi has a detail page, which allows you to view its major features at a glance. And a button on the detail page makes it easy to email Beepi any questions you have about a specific vehicle.
The site will email you a free vehicle history report from AutoCheck — CarFax reports are also available by request.
Notably, Beepi doesn’t sell vehicles that have had structural damage or salvage titles.
If you need to finance a used car, you can apply online through Beepi and get terms from 24 to 72 months. A variety of banks finance Beepi loans, including Chase, Ally Financial and credit unions in the CUDL network. You can also pay by credit card and spread the payment over up to 5 cards.
It’s important to note that Beepi vehicle prices change as market conditions change, so a car you’re interested could increase or decrease in price while you’re shopping.
And in addition to the car’s cash price — which is not negotiable but is supposed to be less than the dealership’s price — you’ll pay $149 for a complete cleaning, to top-off of all fluids and for a full tank of gas.
RATE SEARCH: Looking for an auto loan? Compare auto loan rates on Bankrate.
After the sale
Once the sale is complete, you’ll get a 10-day money-back guarantee period to test drive it up to 1,000 miles. That’s better than the 5-day money-back guarantee offered by CarMax and the zero-day guarantee you may get with a private sale. Traditional dealerships can set their own policies for car buyer’s remorse and may not allow returns at all.
If you’re unhappy with a Beepi car for any reason during the trial period, it can be returned as long as you haven’t changed anything about the vehicle, which Beepi’s mechanics will verify with another inspection. Beepi’s cars also come with a 3-month/3,000-mile warranty .
Delivery takes 9 to 12 days from payment and costs anywhere from $99 to just over $1,000, depending on your distance from the seller. If you want to trade in your old vehicle, Beepi will pick it up within one day of delivering your new vehicle.
Advantages to buying a car with Beepi
- High-quality, detailed photos of each car are available online.
- Cars get a 240-point vehicle inspection.
- Cars from Beepi don’t have a salvage title or past structural damage.
- Financing is available online.
- Beepi offers 10 days and up to 1,000 miles to test drive the vehicle with a money-back guarantee if you’re unhappy for any reason.
Disadvantages to buying a car with Beepi
- There’s no option to test drive the car in person before buying it.
- A car you’re interested in could suddenly increase in price depending on market conditions.
- You’ll have to wait 9 to 12 days for your new car to be delivered.
- Pricing is not negotiable.
- Delivery fees add to the car’s sticker price.
Selling a car with Beepi
Listing a car
To sell your car with Beepi, you’ll start by providing the make, model, year and other pertinent details, including anything that’s wrong with it. An ASE-certified Beepi inspector then comes to your home to verify your identity, your ownership of the vehicle, certify the vehicle’s condition and take photos for your online listing.
Beepi handles the paperwork , payment, and even physical transfer of the vehicle once it sells. You never meet prospective buyers in person, which can save time.
Setting price and receiving payment
Based on your car’s condition, the company sets the sale price using data from Edmunds, real-time market data and its own model. It’s free to sell your car through Beepi. The company earns a profit from a small markup between what you make and what the buyer pays. You can even sell your car if it’s under loan or lease — you get to keep the money from the sale even if the buyer returns the car to Beepi.
Beepi guarantees you’ll get paid within 30 days of the sale of your vehicle — it will either find a buyer or buy the car from you.
Advantages to selling a car with Beepi:
- Beepi takes photos of your car and creates the online listing. It also handles the paperwork, payment and vehicle transfer. Sellers never meet buyers in person.
- You can sell your car even if it’s under loan or lease.
- Beepi guarantees payment to sellers within 30 days.
- Selling a car through Beepi is free.
- Sellers keep all sale proceeds, even if the buyer returns the car.
Disadvantages to selling a car with Beepi:
- Beepi sets the sale price — there’s no negotiation.
- You might be able to earn more selling the car to a private party.
- The post-inspection price might be less than Beepi’s initial offer, depending on your car’s condition.
Overall, Beepi offers great perks to buyers and sellers alike. If you already know what kind of car you want to buy, Beepi could help to streamline the process. And if you’re selling a car, Beepi could save you significant time and hassle. But if you’re looking to negotiate on price and test drive the car before purchase, you might be better off shopping elsewhere.
RATE SEARCH: Compare auto loan rates on Bankrate.
This editorial content is not provided or commissioned by any of the referenced financial institutions or companies. Opinions, analysis, reviews or recommendations expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any financial institutions or companies, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any such entity. All products or services are presented without warranty.