The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is the type of flat-rate cash back credit card that can make your credit card strategy complete if you have other credit cards. Or, if you prefer maximum simplicity in planning your spending, it can serve as your singular credit card rewards product that earns cash back on every purchase you make.
Besides the straightforward rewards system that offers 1.5 percent cash back on all purchases, the Quicksilver has many other benefits that make it an attractive card option. Read on to learn about benefits of the Capital One Quicksilver to get the most out of this card.
Learn More: Is Capital One Quicksilver worth it?
An easy-to-earn sign-up bonus
The card comes with a decent sign-up bonus offer: You’ll get $200 after only spending $500 in the first three months with the card. It might not be the highest in value, but the spend requirement is also low, especially considering that you have plenty of time to meet it.
A lengthy zero interest offer
The Quicksilver offers 15 months of 0 percent APR. This is an excellent offer, especially if you’re looking to financing a large purchase or carrying a balance for any other reason.
After that period ends, you’ll be charged a variable APR of 14.99 percent to 24.99 percent, so it’s best to avoid incurring interest charges once the intro offer runs out.
No foreign transaction fees
The Capital One Quicksilver is a good card to take with you if you’re traveling abroad. Not only are Mastercard and Visa cards (both of which Capital One uses for issuing Quicksilver cards) widely accepted worldwide, but the card also charges no foreign transaction fees.
Many other similar products typically charge around 3 percent for purchases made outside of the U.S., but with the Quicksilver, you can save money and continue to earn rewards while traveling internationally.
Card network benefits
Capital One offers Quicksilver cardholders additional valuable benefits, including certain purchase and travel protections.
Note that your Quicksilver may be either Visa or Mastercard of a certain tier, which impacts benefits offered to you. Some of the benefits listed below might not be included or might come with different terms. Consult your benefits guide to check what’s available to you.
Your Capital One Quicksilver card may provide valuable purchase protection benefits, such as
- Extended warranty can extend the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to two years.
- Price protection can reimburse you for the difference in the price of an item you’ve purchased with the card if you find it sold at a better price.
- Purchase assurance can cover eligible purchases in case of damage or theft.
- Cellphone protection can reimburse you for the cost of replacement or repair of your cellphone in case it’s damaged or stolen. To use this coverage, you must charge your monthly phone bill to your Quicksilver card.
Travel coverage benefits
Another reason to take the Quicksilver with you on the trip is its travel protection benefits, which may include:
- Travel accident insurance can cover you and your eligible family member in an event of a qualifying accident if it happens while you’re traveling on a licensed common carrier, entering or exiting it. This coverage only applies to the airfare you’ve purchased with the Quicksilver.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance applies if you have to cancel your trip for a qualifying reason, as long as you’ve charged the tickets on your Quicksilver card.
- Baggage delay insurance may reimburse you when your luggage is delayed. The coverage is secondary to any other type of insurance you may have and only applies to essential items you need when away from home. As with other travel coverage benefits, your tickets must be purchased with the Quicksilver.
- Lost or damaged luggage coverage can reimburse you for your checked or carry-on luggage if it’s lost or in need of repairs. Again, you must charge your airfare on the Capital One Quicksilver to use this coverage, and it’s secondary to any other insurance you may have.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver can provide coverage in case of rental vehicle damage or theft when you’ve paid for it with your Quicksilver and declined the rental agency’s insurance. This is also secondary coverage and kicks in after your own insurance policy.
- Travel assistance services can help you and your companions when you’re traveling. You can also request information on travel requirements, such as documentation and immunization, before your trip.
Identity theft protection
Identity theft is a prevalent issue, and your Capital One Quicksilver can provide some relief if you believe you’ve been a victim. This may include:
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection can offer access to identity theft resolution services if you suspect you’ve become a victim to identity fraud.
- Identity fraud expense reimbursement can provide coverage for your losses incurred as a result of identity theft.
The Capital One Quicksilver is a convenient cash back card, but it has much more to offer than its 1.5 percent cash back rate. Knowing all the benefits that come with this product, you’ll be able to get even more value out of it—and potentially save hundreds or even thousands of dollars.