Citi® Secured Mastercard®
The Citi Secured Mastercard is an oddity among credit cards for people with no credit history as it charges no annual fee. All in all, it can be a great tool for building credit with responsible use.
When it comes to building credit, you need to walk before you can run. If you need credit, but don’t have the history to qualify for an unsecured card, a Citi Secured Mastercard can help you boost your credit ratings with regular on-time payments.
Your credit limit with this card is determined by the amount of collateral you put down as your secured payment. Determine how much credit you want, from $200 and $2,500, as long as you have the cash to back it up.
Although this card doesn’t charge a lot of extra fees for things like ownership or account maintenance, it may not a good choice for someone looking to rebuild their finances. Applications for this card are not accepted from anyone who has declared bankruptcy within two years prior to applying.
Who should get this card
If you’re in the market for a secured card, and you want the included auto and travel protections, you may want to consider Citi Secured.
Fees and APR
- There’s no annual fee with this card.
- You’ll pay a 3% foreign transaction fee on all purchases made outside the U.S.
- The balance transfer fee is either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- If you make a late payment, a penalty APR of up to 29.99% may apply indefinitely.
- This card has a variable APR of 24.49%.