You deserve the best in auto lending
Your car is likely the second most expensive purchase you'll make — and paying in cash is not an option for most. Rather than relying on the car dealership to set you up with financing, you can apply on your own and potentially save hundreds over the life of your auto loan.
Getting the best deal for your auto loan is essential to staying within budget and leaving the dealership lot satisfied. The amount you pay each month is based on factors that vary by lender such as terms, interest rates and fees — which means comparing lenders is an important first step. Bankrate ranked the top auto lenders for new and used car purchases along with refinance loans with an in-depth scoring criteria in mind to find this year's best auto lenders.
How we picked these lenders
- Bankrate evaluated 33 different lenders based on four different categories: availability, affordability, customer experience and transparency.
- Every auto lender was ranked on factors such as online availability, APR range, loan types and fees.
- Each category carried special measurements unique to the loan type as well as a requirement for a seamless user experience.
Best from a bank
- Funding available as soon as the next day
- Customer support is available seven days a week
- Seamless in-person or online experience
Best online lender
- Ability to compare a large range of loan products
- Streamlined application and website
See our picks for top auto loan lenders
Save time on searching and find great auto loan rates faster.Compare today’s rates
Best for auto refinance
- Refinance loan for up to $150,000
- In-person branch support
- Five repayment term options, up to 84 months
Best for used car purchase
- Used car financing of up to $100,000 available
- Range of repayment options, up to 96 months
Best for new car purchase
- Vehicle financing of up to $500,000
- Shopping window of up to 90 days
- Loan terms between 24 and 96 months