Best cheap homeowners insurance in Hialeah
Hialeah, Florida is one of the most populated cities in the Sunshine State. And while plenty of people call Hialeah their home, it has a lower homeownership rate of 46%, compared to 66% nationally. Homeowners in Hialeah pay an average of $3,217 per year for coverage for a $250,000 dwelling, which is much higher than the national average of $1,312 per year. Bankrate reviewed several national carriers to find ones offering competitive rates and other advantages for customers, including higher customer satisfaction ratings.
Best cheap home insurance companies in Hialeah
The best affordable home insurance companies in Hialeah not only offer competitive rates but are rated among the 2020 J.D. Power Score Home Insurance Study for overall customer satisfaction. Several national carriers were reviewed and were found to have less expensive rates.
|Home insurance company||Average annual premium for $250K dwelling||J.D. Power score|
Nationwide is ranked 10th in the nation for most number of insurance policies written and has been doing so since 1926. With Nationwide, you can purchase your policy through a local agent or get your quote and even contact them through your Nationwide mobile app. The app has numerous five-star ratings and allows you to completely manage your policy, summon roadside assistance and make changes to your existing policy — all at your fingertips.
Travelers, which is one of the top providers of homeowners insurance in the country, provides a full range of coverage options for the homeowner. Travelers offers options such as special personal property coverage for your high-value items and additional replacement cost coverage. If you need discounts, savings such as multi-policy, protective device coverage and a green home discount are a few examples of additional savings.
Allstate ranks above industry average with J.D. Power highlighting the company’s emphasis on customer service. While it may not have the highest rankings, you may be impressed by the number of discounts available to policyholders. Discounts such as bundling, a loyalty discount, claims-free and paid-on-time are only a few examples of the numerous ways to save with Allstate.
Progressive offers Hialeah residents complete homeowners coverage options, such as dwelling and liability coverage. While Progressive may not be ranked as high as others on this list with J.D. Power, the number of discounts available are plentiful. Discounts such as paperless statements, home security alarm, new home construction and bundling are examples of ways to save with Progressive. Plus you can save even more when you bundle, since you will have access to a single deductible for both your homeowners and auto insurance policies.
State Farm offers more than just coverage options for your homeowner insurance in Hialeah. You will find discounts, such as multi-policy and security alarm, and digital tools, like a highly-rated mobile app. State Farm ranks higher on the 2020 J.D. Power survey, with an 829 out of 1,000 points, plus shows financial strength with a Superior A++ rating with AM Best. Not only is it the country’s largest provider of homeowners insurance, but it operates with a network of over 19,000 agents nationwide.
Other Hialeah home insurance coverages to consider
Although homeowners insurance is not a legally required product, like an auto insurance policy for instance, the right policy offers additional protection in case of damage from covered perils. Because Florida is at risk for numerous peril events, including severe wind and flooding due to hurricanes, a comprehensive homeowners insurance policy can give you added financial protection for one of your biggest investments.
- Flood: Flood insurance is usually not part of a standard homeowners policy, but can be purchased separately through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- Wind: Windstorms caused by events such as severe thunderstorms and hurricanes, may or may not be covered in a standard homeowners insurance policy. This coverage can be purchased separately if it is not included, and talking to your licensed insurance agent is the best way to understand what coverage is included or needed.
- Scheduled personal property coverage: This covers the specific items in your home you would need to replace as a result of a peril event, such as theft or fire, that are typically higher in value. Examples of these items are antiques, jewelry or art, and other high value items.
Home insurance discounts in Hialeah
Although the average homeowners insurance costs in Hialeah are higher than the national average, you can take advantage of lower premiums by including as many discounts as possible. Look for discounts including:
- New home: If you own a new home, which is typically considered new if it is less than 12 months old, then you may be eligible for an additional new home discount.
- Monitored systems: If your home is monitored with a burglar alarm system or fire alarms, ask about the additional savings you may be eligible to receive. There may be other discounts for additional safety features too, such as smoke detectors, deadbolts or water leak detectors.
- Multi-policy: If you already have an existing policy with a carrier, such as with your auto insurance, then ask about a discount for bundling your homeowners insurance policy for added savings.
Discounts on homeowners insurance can help lower your premiums and make it more affordable for your budget. These three discounts mentioned represent a small portion of discounts that may be available to you. There may be other discounts available such as if you are a non-smoker or live in a gated community, for example.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best home insurance company?
The best home insurance company is based on what works best for both your coverage needs and budget, and perhaps other aspects such as digital tools and available discounts. Bankrate has reviewed a number of national carriers, and found USAA, Amica and Travelers are highly-rated options for both rates and reviews.
How much does home insurance in Hialeah cost?
The average annual cost of homeowners insurance in Hialeah is $3,217 for $250,000 dwelling coverage. However, rates for homeowners insurance depend on a variety of factors, including age of home, zip code, credit score to name a few. Your exact rate is best determined by obtaining a quote from a licensed insurance agent.
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on 40-year-old male and female homeowners with a clean claim history, good credit and the following coverage limits:
- Coverage A, Dwelling: $250,000
- Coverage B, Other Structures: $25,000
- Coverage C, Personal Property: $125,000
- Coverage D, Loss of Use: $50,000
- Coverage E, Liability: $300,000
- Coverage F, Medical Payments: $1,000
The homeowners also have a $1,000 deductible and a separate wind and hail deductible (if required).
These are sample rates and should be used for comparative purposes only. Your quotes may be different.