Invisalign is a clear orthodontic treatment that dental providers use to straighten teeth. It is seen as an alternative to conventional metal braces and is often preferred by adults who want to correct their crooked teeth but don’t want the metal braces that so many associate with children.
Invisalign braces are just as effective as traditional teeth straightening, but its many benefits typically make it more expensive than metal braces. So, how much does Invisalign cost?
Cost of Invisalign
Patients who opt for Invisalign treatment can expect to pay anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000. In contrast, traditional braces may run between $2,500 and $6,000. This wide price range accounts for differences in each person’s specific orthodontic needs, as well as billing differences between dental providers.
Benefits of Invisalign
While it’s not difficult to see the advantage of having straight teeth, many people might not understand the differences between Invisalign treatment and conventional braces.
There are several reasons why you might prefer Invisalign:
- Invisalign braces are removable, so you can easily take them out to eat or drink.
- Invisalign braces are clear, which makes them more difficult to see than traditional metal braces. The appearance of Invisalign appeals to adults who may not want the look of conventional braces.
- Many conventional braces contain metal, which pokes and irritates the inside of the mouth. Invisalign is smooth and does not scratch the gums or mouth.
- With Invisalign braces, you can brush and floss your teeth normally.
- Overall Invisalign treatment time is often less than treatment time for conventional braces.
- Invisalign uses state-of-the-art technology to map out a plan for treatment. Most patients know ahead of time exactly how long their treatment will take, while conventional braces treatment is often a trial-and-error approach.
Paying for Invisalign
Invisalign has a high success rate of correcting crooked teeth, but some people struggle with how to finance this orthodontic treatment. Shop around and get itemized quotes from at least two providers before exploring the following financing options.
Because Invisalign treatment works much in the same way as braces, many dental insurance plans cover at least a portion of the cost. Many plans cover up to $3,500. While this is a large amount, it still might mean that you need to come up with financing for the rest of the treatment.
SEE ALSO: How much do braces cost?
A personal loan gives you the money you need upfront, which you then pay back over a predetermined amount of time at a set interest rate. Also known as an installment loan, this loan can be used for any personal purpose, including financing your Invisalign treatment.
Repayment terms can range from a few months to a few years. Interest rates vary between lenders, so it helps to shop around and compare rates if you choose this method of financing. Compare both online lenders and brick-and-mortar lenders — like credit unions or banks — to learn about all of your options.
Provider payment plans
Many dental or orthodontic providers offer payment plans within their office. These plans work much like a personal loan in that you have to pay back the cost of the treatment over a certain period of time. If you are considering one of these plans, be sure to compare the repayment terms with those of a personal loan so that you can choose whichever is more favorable.
If you have a flexible spending account, you may be able to use up to $2,500 of your pretax dollars to help fund your Invisalign treatment. This might not cover the entire cost of treatment, but it does give you the opportunity to budget without being taxed on the expense of treatment.
If you haven’t considered this method due to the high cost, you may be surprised at how easy it is to secure a payment plan that works within your budget, giving you the benefit of a straighter smile.
APPLY TODAY: Get a personal loan today based on your credit.