The term “Visa Signature” is not used to describe a specific credit card per se. Instead, Visa Signature is used to portray a selection of card benefits some Visa credit cards include.
The benefits offered by Visa Signature cards are extended to customers on a complimentary basis, meaning you’ll never have to pay to access your Visa Signature perks. And while all Visa credit cards come with a few standard benefits like rental car insurance, roadside assistance and zero liability for fraud, Visa Signature offers a more robust selection of perks that can make pursuing this card well worth it.
How does Visa Signature work?
Once you’re a Visa Signature cardholder, you’ll receive all the Visa Signature benefits automatically. Not only that but Visa Signature perks are offered on top of any rewards and card-specific benefits you get with your credit card.
As an example, let’s say you signed up for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card. In that case, you would receive all the Visa Signature benefits afforded to you as a Visa Signature cardholder. However, you would also receive Alaska Airlines credit card perks like the ability to earn a welcome bonus and miles on all your purchases, access to Alaska’s famous companion fare and more.
The information about the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card has been collected independently by Bankrate.com. The card details have not been reviewed or approved by the card issuer.
What’s the difference between Visa Signature?
As you compare credit cards to find the right option for your needs, note that Visa Signature isn’t the only type of Visa credit card on the market today. Visa offers three levels of benefits that can apply to different card options. While generous in its included perks, Visa Signature is the middle-of-the-road credit card package with fewer perks than the top tier of Visa cards, Visa Infinite. However, Visa Signature has more to offer than traditional Visa cards.
Some credit cards are offered as a traditional Visa card, a Visa Signature card or a Visa Infinite. The type of Visa credit card you end up with can depend on the specific type of card you apply for, or on your personal credit rating and the amount of credit you can qualify for.
Visa Signature cards come with a minimum credit limit of $5,000, so that’s one barrier of entry for new cardholders who apply. If you cannot qualify for a credit limit in at least that amount, it’s likely you’ll receive a traditional Visa card in situations where different tiers of the same card are offered.
What are the benefits of a Visa Signature card?
Visa Signature benefits can help protect you from financial losses or help you save money, but you’ll only benefit if you take advantage. Also, some Visa Signature benefits come with all Visa Signature cards, yet some benefits can vary depending on the card you apply for.
Here are the main Visa Signature benefits you definitely can look forward to:
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection: Access to 900+ luxury hotels which may include automatic upgrades, complimentary in-room WiFi, complimentary breakfast, late check out and more.
- Extended warranties: This benefit will extend the manufacturer’s warranty on eligible products for up to one additional year.
- Zero fraud liability: This benefit ensures you’ll never be liable for fraudulent purchases charged to your credit card account.
- Roadside dispatch: You can call into a roadside dispatch hotline for emergency assistance 24 hours a day.
- Lost or stolen card reporting: Call into a special hotline for assistance if your credit card is lost or stolen.
- Travel and emergency assistance services: Call into a hotline for help with emergency assistance and referrals no matter where you are in the world.
- Cardholder inquiry services: Call in to receive personalized help with your Visa Signature benefits.
- Emergency card replacement: Visa Signature will help you replace your credit card within 24 to 72 hours.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Qualify for rental car insurance when you pay with your credit card.
- Emergency cash disbursement: Receive help arranging cash wire transfers in the event of an emergency.
In addition to these benefits, Visa Signature cards can offer another layer of perks. These depend on the specific credit card you sign up for, and may include:
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Global Entry statement credit
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Airline incidental fees
- Travel accident insurance
- Airport lounge access with Priority Pass
- Baggage delay reimbursement
- Winemaker and food events
- Hotel theft protection
- Cell phone protection
- Emergency medical and dental coverage
- Emergency evacuation coverage
- Price protection
- Purchase security
- Return protection
Updated Visa Signature benefits
To keep up with changes in consumer habits, Visa recently added the following slate of benefits:
- Shipt: Get groceries, household essentials, and more delivered in as soon as one hour. Enrolled Visa consumer credit cardholders get a free membership, which includes free same-day delivery on orders over $35.
- Sofar Sounds: Visa consumer credit cardholders enjoy exclusive access to select Sofar events and eligibility for a free ticket per show with purchase.
- Skillshare: Get unlimited access to thousands of classes and discounts on membership for Skillshare’s online classes.
- NortonLifeLock: ID Navigator by NortonLifeLock provides tools and resources if your identity is stolen. Eligibility must be verified to gain access to this service.
You can also count on exclusive access to additional features through Visa Offers and Perks, which include:
- Exclusive access to more than 50 select Sonoma County Visa Signature wineries
- Premium benefits at more than 95 golf courses across the United States and the world with the Visa Signature Troon Golf benefit
- Complimentary concierge services for help with current and future travel needs
- Rental car discounts with Silvercar
- Access to world-class celebrity chef and winemaker experiences
How do I know if my credit card is a Visa Signature?
If you have a Visa credit card, but you’re not sure what kind, one way to find out is simply by looking at it. Many card options have the words Visa Signature somewhere on the card, either on the front or the back.
Another way to find out the type of credit card you have is by checking the cardholder paperwork you received when you got your credit card in the mail. You should have received a small mailer with your cardholder agreement and information on any cardholder benefits you have access to.
Meanwhile, some credit cards have the term “Visa Signature” in their name, making it easy to know the type of Visa credit card you have.
If you still can’t figure out the type of Visa credit card you have, you can always call the number on the back of your credit card to ask.
What cards are Visa Signature cards?
There are a broad range of credit cards that can be offered as a Visa Signature, and this includes the popular Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. Other popular Visa Signature cards include the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card, the Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card and the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card.
Some cards like the Chase Freedom Unlimited® can also be traditional Visa cards, Visa Signature or Visa Infinite depending on the line of credit you’re approved for.
As always, take the time to compare all the top credit cards on the market today—and their unique benefits—before you apply.