The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation for . The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
Capital One is well known for its rewards credit cards for consumers. It also offers a slew of great business credit cards — and that’s true whether you want to earn flexible cash back or rewards you can redeem to cover travel expenses.
If you’re in the market for a business credit card, then Capital One’s slate is worth considering. Not only do business cards from Capital One offer valuable rewards and cardholder benefits, but each one offers free employee cards for workers, as well as no foreign transaction fees.
Our ranking highlights the top Capital One credit cards you should consider based on factors like each card’s rewards rate, as well as sign-up bonuses and annual fees.
Best Capital One business credit cards for 2022
- Capital One Spark Cash Plus Card: Best for earning cash back
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business: Best for travel
- Capital One Spark Cash Select – $500 Cash Bonus: Best cash back option
- Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business: Best miles option with 0 percent APR
- Capital One Spark Classic for Business: Best for imperfect credit
Capital One Spark Cash Plus Card: Best for earning cash back
The Capital One Spark Cash Plus Card rewards business owners with a generous welcome bonus and an easy-to-understand earning rate. New cardholders can earn a cash bonus up to $1,000: $500 cash back when they spend $5,000 within three months of account opening and another $500 upon spending $50,000 in the first six months. That’s on top of the unlimited 2 percent cash back offered for each dollar spent and unlimited 5 percent cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. This card comes with a $150 annual fee.
Capital One Spark Miles for Business: Best for travel
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business offers a similar structure as the cash back version of this card, yet your rewards are good for travel instead. New cardmembers get the chance to earn 50,000 miles when they spend $4,500 within three months of account opening (equal to $500 in travel), as well as unlimited 2X miles on all purchases. Rewards can be redeemed to cover any travel purchase charged to the card, or they can be transferred to Capital One airline and hotel partners. Cardholders also receive up to a $100 credit toward the Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee. A $95 annual fee applies, but it is waived the first year.
Capital One Spark Cash Select – $500 Cash Bonus: Best cash back option
The Capital One Spark Cash Select – $500 Cash Bonus starts new cardholders out with a $500 bonus when they spend $4,500 within three months of account opening. Purchases charged to the card also earn a flat 1.5 percent back in rewards, which can be redeemed for cash back in any amount. This card doesn’t charge an annual fee.
Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business: Best miles option with 0% APR
The Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business is another Capital One business card with no annual fee. You can earn unlimited 1.5X miles on all business spending, plus 5X on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. Cardholders can also earn a 20,000-mile bonus when they spend $3,000 within three months of account opening. Rewards can be redeemed to cover travel expenses charged to the card, or for transfers to Capital One hotel and airline partners. If you’ve got some large upcoming business expenses and want some additional time to pay them off, new cardholders also get an introductory 0 percent APR on purchases for 9 months, followed by a variable APR of 14.24 percent to 24.24 percent.
Capital One Spark Classic for Business: Best for imperfect credit
Business owners with imperfect credit may not be approved for other business credit cards from Capital One, yet the Capital One Spark Classic for Business is geared to people with fair credit. This range of scores typically includes any FICO score between 580 and 669. Not only is this card easier to qualify for, but cardholders get the chance to earn an unlimited 1 percent cash back on all purchases with no annual fee.
How to choose the right Capital One business card for you
If you’re considering a Capital One business credit card, here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Know your credit score: All but one option — the Capital One Spark Classic for Business — requires excellent credit to be approved, which usually means any FICO score of 740 or above.
- Decide if you’re willing to pay an annual fee: A card with an annual fee can be well worth it as long as your rewards and perks offset the cost. Keep in mind that you can avoid paying an annual fee if you’re willing to accept a lower rewards rate.
- Choose between miles and cash back: Capital One travel rewards credit cards do offer the opportunity to transfer your miles to Capital One transfer partners like Wyndham Rewards and Air France/Flying Blue, which can be helpful if you are saving up miles for a future travel redemption. On the other hand, Capital One cards that offer cash back are very convenient since you can redeem your rewards for cash back in any amount.
- Evaluate the importance of additional features: Do you want a 0 percent intro APR to pay off large purchases over time? Do you or your employees frequently travel for work and would therefore benefit from a fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck? Consider the unique needs of your business to determine which perks to pursue.
Capital One business cards FAQ
The following questions and answers provide even more details on Capital One business credit cards and how they work.
The bottom line
Capital One offers some excellent business credit cards with significant perks, yet there are plenty of other card issuers to consider. Take a close look at the options above, but don’t forget to compare business credit cards from issuers like Chase and American Express. With some basic research, you should be able to identify a shortlist of business cards to set your finances up for success.
All information about the Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business and the Capital One Spark Classic for Business has been collected independently by Bankrate and has not been reviewed or approved by the issuer.