Latest Mortgage Relief Articles
Closing costs pose a hurdle to homeowners thinking about a refi.4 min read Sep 15, 2020
Readers ask: How low can mortgage rates possibly go?5 min read Jul 24, 2020
After a foreclosure, your credit record is affected for years. What if you co-signed?2 min read Feb 28, 2014
The tax clock is ticking for homeowners considering short sale and facing foreclosure.3 min read Oct 03, 2012
Debts, including mortgages in foreclosure, might be a good reason to see if bankruptcy can help you.2 min read Aug 23, 2011
The definition of assets is important in determining the extent to which a person is insolvent.3 min read Sep 16, 2010
To avoid paying capital gains tax on a foreclosed rental, the homeowner has to consider bankruptcy.3 min read Mar 11, 2010
When the bank issues a 1099-A on foreclosed homes, there usually is no tax impact.2 min read Feb 16, 2010
To save a home with nearly $200,000 in equity, be willing to pay a penalty — or maybe not.3 min read Sep 15, 2009
The bank’s actions will determine the tax consequences of walking away from your mortgage.2 min read Jan 27, 2009
- How to catch up on your mortgage payments
- Mortgage forbearance guide
- What is a mortgage forbearance agreement?
- What to do when mortgage forbearance ends
- Choosing a loan modification strategy
- What is a foreclosure?
- How to stop foreclosure
- What is right of redemption?
- What is a deed in lieu of foreclosure?
- Buying a home after foreclosure
- What is a short sale?
- Best mortgage lenders for low credit