Tax guidance and resources
Looking for advice on lowering your federal or state taxes? You’ve come to the right place. Plus, get news and advice related to tax brackets, property taxes, estate taxes and more.
Long-term capital gains tax basics
Certain windfalls are considered capital gains. Here’s how to determine what you’ll owe.
The average tax refund
The average tax return for the 2020 tax year was $2,827, a 13.24 percent increase from the previous year.
Cryptocurrency taxes: A guide
The IRS is stepping up enforcement on potential tax evasion by looking more closely at who’s exchanging cryptocurrencies.
Donation value guide for 2022
2 min read
What happens if you don’t file taxes?
5 min read
- States with no income tax
- Tips to prepare for filing season
- Tax credit vs. deduction
- Deduct child care expenses
- Use the sales tax deduction
- Claim medical expenses
- Tax deduction for charitable giving
- How to e-file taxes
- How long to get your tax return
- How to invest tax return
- Open IRA to save on taxes
- When to pay estimated taxes
- How bonuses are taxed
- Long-term capital gains tax
- Tips for paying estimated taxes
- When are taxes due?
- Do I have to file taxes?
- The best tax software