The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation for . The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
- The Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card rewards you for the spending you already do with 3X points on restaurants, travel, gas stations and EV charging stations, transit, select streaming services and phone plans.
- The card also offers some travel benefits — such as an auto rental collision damage waiver and no foreign currency conversion fees — though it comes with fewer opportunities to optimize your travel rewards compared to other top travel credit cards.
- Other perks like cellphone protection and Visa Signature benefits make it a handy card to have in your wallet.
Looking for a strong credit card option that earns points in everyday spending categories like restaurants, travel, gas stations, electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and more? The Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card should be on your list. We’ll break down the benefits of the Wells Fargo Autograph, along with the extra features you’ll want to take advantage of as an Autograph credit card holder.
Wells Fargo Autograph rewards program benefits
Rewards on everyday spending
Before we weigh the pros and cons of the Wells Fargo Autograph, it’s worth pointing out some of the key features of this card. The great thing about this card is that you’ll get a relatively high rewards rate on various common spending categories. Simply swipe your card for purchases, and you’ll earn 3X points on restaurants, travel, transit, gas stations, electric vehicle charging stations, popular streaming services and phone plans. You’ll also earn 1X points on other spending.
Numerous redemption options
The Autograph Card offers various flexible rewards redemption options, including:
- Statement credits
- Physical cash in $20 increments at Wells Fargo ATMs (using a Wells Fargo debit or ATM card)
- Direct deposits into Wells Fargo checking accounts
- Gift cards (via Wells Fargo Rewards)
- Travel (including flights, car rentals and hotel stays) via Wells Fargo Rewards
- Shopping with rewards through PayPal
Access to My Wells Fargo Deals
You can earn additional points through My Wells Fargo Deals, a merchant-funded offers platform covering spending on things like shopping, dining and experiences.
Wells Fargo Autograph intro benefits
With the Wells Fargo Autograph, you can earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first three months of account opening (a $200 cash redemption value).
Introductory APR offer
If you’ve got a larger purchase on the horizon, the welcome bonus can help fund a portion or even all of it — and the 0 percent intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months can help you save on interest. Once the 12-month term is over, you’ll have a 20.24 percent, 25.24 percent or 29.99 percent variable APR.
Wells Fargo Autograph other benefits
No annual fee
Many cards with similar rewards rates and welcome bonuses will charge an annual fee, whereas the Autograph card does not.
This popular card benefit is offered across many Wells Fargo cards. With this card, this insurance protects your cellphone against damage or theft for up to $600 per claim (up to two claims per year; subject to a $25 deductible) each month you pay your cellphone bill with the card.
Auto rental collision damage waiver
If your rental car is damaged in an accident or stolen, your Autograph card can help. To take advantage of this benefit, you must charge the full rental cost to your eligible card and decline coverage from the rental company. Other terms and restrictions apply; refer to your Guide to Benefits for more details.
Travel and emergency services assistance
If you run into certain issues while traveling, you’ll have access to travel and emergency assistance services through your eligible card.
Visa Signature perks
As a Wells Fargo Autograph cardholder, you’ll also qualify for Visa Signature benefits:
- Visa Signature® Concierge services (complimentary 24/7 assistance in booking travel, event tickets and dinner reservations)
- Access to the Luxury Hotel Collection properties
No foreign currency conversion fees
The Autograph Card doesn’t charge foreign currency conversion fees. This makes it a great option for vacations or other globe-trotting opportunities.
Maximizing the Wells Fargo Autograph
Since the Autograph card offers rewards in categories you’ll likely spend in frequently anyway, it won’t be hard to get a lot of value out of this card. Here are some suggestions to help you take advantage of the card’s benefits:
- Plan to spend enough on this card ($1,000 in the first three months) to earn the 20,000-point welcome bonus, which is a $200 cash redemption value.
- Use this card to earn on bonus category spending — that’s 3X points on restaurants, travel, transit, gas stations, EV charging stations, select streaming services and phone plans.
- Be sure to pay your cellphone bill with this card. That way, you’ll be eligible for the cellphone protection benefit should you need to file an insurance claim.
- If you’re planning to travel, use this card for your rental car charges. Again, this will make you eligible if you need to file an auto rental collision damage waiver (terms apply).
- If you plan on traveling abroad, consider taking this card with you, as you won’t be charged foreign currency conversion fees on your purchases.
The bottom line
The Wells Fargo Autograph card is a great no-annual-fee option for earning rewards on common spending categories. The biggest drawback is that there aren’t many options to optimize the rewards you’ll earn for travel — whether through travel partners or a rewards boost by using the issuer’s travel portal.
However, if you don’t have an immediate need for a travel credit card with these features, the Wells Fargo Autograph card is a respectable option with enough perks and benefits to still make it worthwhile.