The Chase Mobile app is an all-inclusive platform that can ease the burden of managing your financial portfolio. The app allows owners of any Chase card–credit or debit– to bank from the convenience of their phone in almost any location. Better yet, the app is supported by both Android and Apple devices so if you are new to the app (or just considering a Chase card) you don’t have to worry about glitches or crashes from an unsupported application.
The Chase app has a wide range of helpful features including: QuickDeposit, QuickPay, the ability to see a routing number and account number, location services and financial monitoring through Today’s Snapshot.
The Chase app is highly rated by consumers with a 4.8/5 ranking on the Apple App store — and for good reason. The Chase App offers a wide range of services and makes banking simple and hassle-free.
Range of Services
The Chase app offers a wide range of services including:
- QuickDeposit: QuickDeposit allows Chase customers to scan deposit items such as checks and use the images to make deposits electronically. This feature is largely standard in the credit card industry, but its convenience certainly can’t be overlooked.
- QuickPay: QuickPay is a popular feature of the Chase app. By using QuickPay, Chase card owners can make person-to-person money transfers in real time. Use of QuickPay is supported by Zelle and while it’s primarily used by Chase customers, money can be transferred to people without a Chase account if they sign up with their email address or phone number.
- Location Features: The location feature within the Chase app saves you the trouble of having to exit your app to search for directions online. Through the app card owners can locate the nearest ATM or Chase branch in their area.
- Fingerprint Security Features: The fingerprint security feature adds another level of speed and convenience to the Chase app. For phones that support fingerprint technology, the Chase app allows you to use your fingerprint to access the app within seconds. It is worth mentioning, however, that some negative reviews about the Chase app center around the functionality and reliability of this feature.
- Today’s Snapshot: One of the most interesting and unique features of the Chase app is a category that can be found at the top of the main page called “Today’s Snapshot”. This section of the app shows not only your daily spending habits but also helps you see your overall spending trends by breaking down your monthly spending into categories such as food, entertainment and gas.
- Chase Offers: Chase Offers are deals and discounts available exclusively to Chase customers. The deals are rotating, change frequently and are targeted to your individual spending preferences. Because of this personalized approach, they are not uniform to all Chase card owners. Examples of a Chase Offer include “20% back on Kindle purchases for the next 13 days” or “10% back at Chipotle for the next 30 days”. The exciting part of Chase Offers is the frequent changes and a large variety of options for cash back on your favorite items to buy.
- Management of car loans, mortgage and investments: The convenience and accessibility of the Chase app are further highlighted by the features that allow you to manage your car loan, mortgage, and investments all from one application. These features won’t be used by all Chase card owners, but if they apply to you then you can make you finances more streamlined through one all-inclusive portal.
Navigating the Chase app offers a user-friendly experience that is simple once you understand the main features and overall layout.
When you open the app, you are first brought to the main menu that shows all your active Chase accounts. Your checking account, credit card balance, car loan and investments are clearly visible and if you click on any of the aforementioned categories you will be taken to the individual page with more information.
Off the main menu, you can also find Today’s Snapshot, which helps Chase card owners easily track their spending habits.
The “nav menu” on the left-hand side of the app is the second main interface for navigating the Chase app. From the nav menu, you can find QuickPay, QuickDeposit, Chase Offers, location services, account security and links to the pages that can be found on the main portal.
Perhaps one of the most common questions for anyone with a credit card or debit card is “How do I find my routing number?” With the Chase app, finding your account and routing number is simple. From the main profile you simply tap on the section labeled “account.” From there you click on “show details” and then you can see your account number, routing number and interest rates.
Security is an important factor to any credit card owner and it is specifically important when considering a portal that will house your entire financial portfolio.
The Chase app is protected by a 128-bit encryption for all of your personal account information, data, and messages sent through the Chase app. This information can only be decrypted by the app on your phone keeping it safe from potential hacks and information breaches.
Finally, if your phone has fingerprint technology then you can use Chase’s biosecurity feature to upload your fingerprint in place of a traditional password. If your phone doesn’t have fingerprint technology capabilities — or you just don’t want to use the feature — then a standard password can be used.
The Chase Mobile app is a well-organized platform whose primary selling points are its ease of use and convenience for card owners. What sets the Chase app apart from the crowd are features such as Today’s Snapshot and Chase QuickPay. While neither of these features alone is a singularity within the online banking market, Today’s Snapshot does what you would normally need a separate application (such as Mint or Expensify) to achieve. Along these lines Chase’s person-to-person payment platform QuickPay is also not alone in the market of transferring money — popular apps such as Venmo and Cash App have a similar structure — but its benefit comes in the form of convenience.
At the end of the day is the Chase Mobile app going to change your life? Probably not. What it will do is serve as a streamlined app that makes banking and managing your money a simpler and more user-friendly experience.