Swyfft insurance review 2022
The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. To help readers understand how insurance affects their finances, we have licensed insurance professionals on staff who have spent a combined 47 years in the auto, home and life insurance industries. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation of . Our content is backed by Coverage.com, LLC, a licensed entity (NPN: 19966249). For more information, please see our .
At a glance
About Bankrate ScoreHover for more
- Technology-drive quoting
- Coverage available in some high-risk states
- Website is sparse
- Coverage types are limited
If you live in one of Swyfft’s six homeowners insurance coverage areas — Alabama, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York or Texas — and are searching for an insurance policy tailored to your needs, Swyfft may be right for you. The carrier also offers “excess and surplus lines” home insurance in a few states, which provides coverage for higher-risk or unique properties. The company uses various data sources and analytics, rather than relying on application questions, to rate its insurance policies. Bankrate’s Swyfft Insurance review takes into account the company’s coverage options, potential discounts, financial strength and more.
Swyfft home insurance
Swyfft home insurance sets itself apart from the rest of the insurance industry by using a patented risk-assessment process to generate personalized premiums. Swyfft could be a good option if you are looking for a technology-driven home insurance company and live in one of the covered areas.
Despite its tech-savvy approach, Swyfft may not be for everyone. Swyfft’s coverage offerings are relatively basic, with only one optional endorsement — equipment breakdown coverage — available. The rest of the coverage types listed on the website are standard on most home insurance policies. If you are looking for a personalized policy, Swyfft may not be the best option.
Policyholders should also note that Swyfft policies are underwritten by one of three underwriting companies — Clear Blue Insurance Company, Clear Blue Specialty Insurance Company and Benchmark Insurance Company — instead of by Swyfft directly.
Swyfft home insurance discounts
While other insurance carriers may draw you in a wide array of available discounts, Swyfft does not make this information public on its website. You can always call to inquire about possible discounts Swyfft may have.
The following questions can help guide your conversation when you inquire about discounts:
- Are discounts offered for certain home safety features?
- Are deductible savings available if you remain claim-free?
- Are there special savings available by bundling coverages?
- Are discounts available if you make home improvements?
- Are there special rates offered to those who are retired?
- Are discounts offered for new homes?
While individual savings opportunities aren’t advertised, you may still be able to save on your insurance premium by asking these questions. Many insurance carriers offer discounted rates when homeowners meet specific criteria.
Swyfft home services
Swyfft does not offer any additional home services in addition to its home insurance products.
Other Swyfft perks worth considering
Being a newer company, Swyfft’s policy offerings are limited outside of homeowners’ insurance. However, the company does provide commercial insurance coverage for the following:
- Apartment buildings
- Condominium associations
- Shopping center owners and operators
- Office buildings
Commercial insurance coverage is currently offered in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
Excess and surplus commercial coverage is available in Florida.
Swyfft corporate sustainability
Swyftt does not list any information about social programs on its website.
Not sure if Swyfft is right for you? Consider these alternatives
If you’re interested in Swyfft but not sure it’s the right fit, you may want to get quotes from these competitors:
- Kin: If Swyfft’s technology-focused approach appeals to you, you could get a quote from Kin. Available in Florida and Louisiana, Kin also uses a data-driven method to rating policies.
- Lemonade: Another relatively new company, Lemonade uses artificial intelligence in everything from its quoting to its claims process. Lemonade is also a Certified B-Corp and gives back to a number of charities.
- FAIR plans: If Swyfft appeals to you because it does business in some high-risk states and you’ve struggled to find coverage with standard companies, you may want to look into your state’s FAIR plan. These state-sponsored plans are designed as last-resort options for particularly risky homes.