Guide to American Express Platinum Concierge
The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation for . The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the most popular travel credit cards on the market today. And it’s easy to see why when you consider its luxe travel perks and opportunities, including one standout benefit that takes it to the next level: the card’s luxury concierge service.
Once you are approved for this American Express credit card, you can qualify for up to a $200 annual airline fee credit, one of the most generous airport lounge memberships available today, up to $200 in Uber credits annually and much more. The points you earn with the Platinum Card are extremely flexible, too. You can redeem them for travel, gift cards and merchandise, or for valuable transfers to Amex airline and hotel partners.
In addition to all of that, the American Express Platinum offers a dedicated concierge with a variety of services, whether you need help securing dinner reservations or finding the perfect gift.
How does the American Express Platinum Concierge work?
Concierge service is complimentary once you apply and are approved for the Amex Platinum, and you can use this service as often as you want.
To request help from the Amex Platinum concierge, all you need to do is reach out via the concierge desk (open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). You can reach the concierge by calling the phone number on the back of your card.
The concierge can then help answer questions or find resources to accommodate any requests you have.
What services does the American Express Platinum Concierge offer?
Having access to the Amex Platinum Concierge is a lot like having your own personal assistant. You can call them to ask about almost anything, whether you need help finding the cheapest gas on your road trip or you want to see if you can get tickets to a sold-out show.
Some of the most popular services Amex customers reach out to their concierge for include:
- Gift recommendations
- Flower delivery
- Dinner reservations
- Scheduling spa and salon appointments
- Pet care
- Accessing translation services
- Travel planning
- Advice on cultural experiences
- Tickets to concerts and sporting events
When you use the Amex Platinum Concierge for any of these services, the assistance you receive is offered on a complimentary basis. You only pay for the actual goods and services they help connect you with, such as concert tickets or travel booking.
How do I maximize the Amex Platinum Concierge?
If you want to make the most of Amex Platinum Concierge services, use this benefit to save yourself time. This means delegating tasks to the concierge that would otherwise require you to sit on the phone or spend hours researching online.
Here are a few options to consider:
- Dinner reservations: Ask your concierge to help you find a restaurant reservation based on the type of cuisine you’re looking for, location or dining times that work with your schedule. The concierge may even help you snag a hard-to-get reservation at a popular spot. Your concierge can make dinner reservations on your behalf, and all you have to do is show up.
- Event tickets: If a concert or sporting event seems sold out, your concierge may be able to get special access to seats you may not even know about. Or if you know an event will go on sale soon, you can use the concierge to help you secure tickets before they sell out. Ask them to help with getting you the best seats in the house.
- Flowers and other gifts: Whether you need to send flowers for Mother’s Day or want to surprise your spouse, the Amex Platinum concierge can provide you with suggestions and ideas. Better yet, they can order the gift and set up delivery for you based on your preferences and spending limit, then charge the purchase to your credit card.
- Help at home: Maybe you need a chef to whip up a meal for a last-minute dinner party, or a plumber to come and install a new kitchen faucet. Your concierge can help research providers and set up an appointment at a time convenient for you.
- Travel: If you need to book airfare or research hotel options in any destination, the Amex Platinum Concierge will do the research and provide recommendations for you. They can even book your travel plans on your behalf, saving you time and stress.
These are just a few examples of how you can maximize this service, but there are plenty more ways to use this perk to save yourself both time and stress. To get the most out of concierge service, call the help desk any time you’re short on time and need help with a task. If you’re unsure if your request falls under the concierge’s services, you can always call and ask. You may be surprised at how helpful concierge services can be, but you won’t know until you try.
How do I contact the American Express Platinum Concierge?
American Express offers a specific concierge hotline you can call for personalized help with almost anything you need. Once you’re a cardholder, you can call the number on the back of your card.
From there, you’ll be connected with a dedicated expert who can help you plan a trip, make reservations, send a surprise gift and more.
The bottom line
While credit card concierge services are typically considered a secondary benefit, they can save you a lot of time and even money. The concierge service you get with the Platinum Card from American Express is complimentary, and it can make your life easier. If you’re already paying the card’s hefty $695 annual fee, make sure you’re taking full advantage of all it has to offer, including concierge service.
If you don’t have this card yet, consider whether might be a good fit, especially if you already have an Amex card and want to maximize your spending with a card strategy like the Amex trifecta. And check out our American Express Membership Rewards guide to learn all the ways you can use the points you earn with this card.
Learn more: Check out Bankrate’s travel toolkit for tips and tricks on how to maximize travel with a credit card.