The Bankrate promise
At Bankrate, we strive to help you make smarter financial decisions. To help readers understand how insurance affects their finances, we have licensed insurance professionals on staff who have spent a combined 47 years in the auto, home and life insurance industries. While we adhere to strict , this post may contain references to products from our partners. Here's an explanation of . Our content is backed by Coverage.com, LLC, a licensed entity (NPN: 19966249). For more information, please see our .
The Chrysler Corporation is part of Fiat Chrysler. In 2021, Fiat Chrysler merged with French automotive company PSA, and rebranded under the name Stellantis. As of 2022, Chrysler only sells three vehicle models in North America — but despite the company’s small lineup, Chrysler’s total U.S sales actually increased by 4% from 2021 to 2022.
When it comes to car insurance costs, the average cost of insurance for some Chrysler models is lower than the national average. However, car insurance premiums are determined based on a variety of factors, not just the make and model of your vehicle. To help you understand the average costs for Chrysler car insurance, Bankrate analyzed premium rate data from Quadrant Information Services for a few of Chrysler’s most popular vehicles. The Chrysler models included in this review include:
- Chrysler Pacifica
- Chrysler Voyager
- Chrysler 300
How much does it cost to insure a Chrysler?
According to our analysis of the most recent rate data from Quadrant Information Services, the average U.S. driver pays $1,771 per year for a full coverage insurance policy and $545 per year for a minimum coverage insurance policy. In addition to personal factors like your driving record and claim history, your vehicle’s make and model can impact your car insurance rate, as well as your insurance provider. Here are some of the biggest factors that may affect the cost of Chrysler insurance:
- Crash rate stats per make/model: Most Chryslers earn good ratings from crash tests. The 2022 Chrysler Pacifica was named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The Chrysler Voyager received good safety scores in most categories, but was rated “poor” for headlight quality. In addition, the Chrysler 300 received some marginal or poor scores, especially related to driver injury prevention.
- Price of parts: Chrysler vehicles are relatively affordable to maintain for most drivers. Standard parts do not need to be imported from overseas, which may help keep the cost of insurance low.
- Safety features: Many new Chrysler vehicles have advanced safety features, such as forward collision warnings, pedestrian automatic emergency braking and lane departure alerts. These features can reduce the risk of accidents, which may equate to a lower insurance premium.
Car insurance for a Chrysler: by model
The cost of auto insurance for Chryslers depends on the specific model you have. Additionally, rates are different for each driver depending on their state, policy type and other factors. The following sample rates can be helpful for the sake of comparison if you are choosing between several Chrysler models and are curious about insurance costs.
Car insurance for Chrysler Pacifica
The Chrysler Pacifica is one of the brand’s minivans. The 2022 Pacifica has an MSRP of $37,095 and comes with a variety of features, like a fully-automatic all-wheel-drive system, Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa voice control and a hands-free power liftgate.
The Pacifica is also equipped with more than 115 standard and add-on safety features, like lane departure alerts, LED headlamps and adaptive cruise control. The car also comes with a number of security features. In the table below, you can see the average full and minimum coverage premium for the Chrysler Pacifica:
|Chrysler Pacifica car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Chrysler Voyager
The Chrysler Voyager is another minivan model. It is touted as the “most affordable minivan in America,” with an MSRP of $27,860, which is notably cheaper than the Pacifica. The Voyager comes with many advanced safety features designed to avoid the likelihood and severity of an accident, as well as many security features. However, the 2022 Chrysler Voyager will only be sold as a fleet vehicle for business use.
In addition to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support, the Voyager is also equipped with noise cancellation technology and the option for a DVD player. There are three trim levels available with lots of options to customize your vehicle. Here are the average car insurance rates for the Chrysler Voyager:
|Chrysler Voyager car insurance||Average annual premium|
Car insurance for Chrysler 300
The Chrysler 300 is the brand’s luxury sedan. The 2022 model has an MSRP of $33,740 and it comes with a number of performance features. The standard Chrysler 300 has a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine, leather-trimmed performance seats, sport mode with paddle shifters and more.
Of the three Chrysler models we reviewed, the 300 has the highest average insurance premium for full coverage and minimum coverage. This may be due to the fact that the Chrysler 300 received several marginal and poor safety ratings from the IIHS. You can see the average premiums for this vehicle in the table below:
|Chrysler 300 car insurance||Average annual premium|
Cheapest car insurance companies for Chryslers
As mentioned, car insurance costs can vary significantly based on your insurance company. We received sample Chrysler insurance quotes from five of the best car insurance companies selected by market share, to help you compare prices from various carriers. However, keep in mind that these are average rates. Consider getting personalized quotes from several providers to see which one is the cheapest for you.
Average annual premium for full coverage by model
|Car insurance company||Chrysler Pacifica||Chrysler Voyager||Chrysler 300|
Chrysler features that impact insurance costs
Safety features are one of the biggest factors that can impact the cost of auto insurance. Vehicles that have advanced safety technology and good crash ratings are often cheaper to insure because of the lower risk of an accident or other damage claim. Here are some of the safety features you can find in many new Chrysler models:
- Lane departure alerts: Lane departure alerts notify the driver when they begin to unintentionally drift out of their lane. If this happens, the car can automatically guide the driver back into their lane, reducing the chance of a collision.
- Pedestrian automatic braking: The pedestrian automatic braking function can stop the vehicle when it senses a person or other object in front, which can reduce pedestrian crashes.
- Rear parking assist: Chrysler’s rear parking assist technology helps drivers safely back up and avoid crashes. The car notifies the driver via visual and audible commands of the distance between the back bumper and a detected obstacle. Plus, the car can automatically brake if the rear camera senses a potential collision.
- LED headlights: All new Chryslers come standard with LED headlights that helps drivers see better at night and reduce accidents. New vehicles also come with LED fog lamps and taillights for increased visibility. However, the 2022 Chrysler Voyager received poor headlight safety scores due to its lack of adaptive headlights and high-beam assist technology.
Other car insurance coverage for a Chrysler
At least a minimum amount of car insurance is required for most drivers, except in New Hampshire and Virginia. However, there are several other types of insurance that Chrysler owners may want to consider for additional protection. For example, a full coverage policy offers damage protection for your vehicle regardless of fault, whether you hit another driver, your car gets stolen or your car sustains flood damage.
Auto insurance companies also sell a variety of add-ons, such as new car replacement coverage, which can provide a bigger payout if your new car gets totaled. Other popular add-ons include gap insurance for leased or financed Chryslers, roadside assistance, custom parts coverage and accident forgiveness.
Frequently asked questions
Bankrate utilizes Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all ZIP codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Quoted rates are based on a 40-year-old male and female driver with a clean driving record, good credit and the following full coverage limits:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $50,000 property damage liability per accident
- $100,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
- $300,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
- $500 collision deductible
- $500 comprehensive deductible
To determine minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets each state’s requirements. Our base profile drivers own a 2020 Chrysler Voyager and a 2019 model of the following model types, commute five days a week and drive 12,000 miles annually:
- Chrysler Pacifica
- Chrysler 300
These are sample rates and should only be used for comparative purposes.