The Discover it Student Cash Back is one of the best starter cards for students.
- Credit cards
- Consumer debt
- Travel and credit card rewards programs
- Beat his credit card debt in the 1990s and never looked back
- Has authored bestselling books on maximizing travel rewards
- Since 2013, has contributed to major blogs and online publications, such as Frugal Travel Guy, CreditCards.com, NerdWallet, Barclaycard Travel and Discover.com, among many others
- Strong believer in leveraging good credit habits for life improvements and financial gains
- Proud member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors
Andy Shuman is a contributing writer to Bankrate. He is a New York-based freelance writer with strong expertise in consumer credit and travel loyalty programs. Andy is also the author of the Amazon bestselling series “The Lazy Traveler’s Handbook” and founder and blogger at LazyTravelers.net. He has contributed to major online consumer and B2B publications, covering topics ranging from credit, banking and consumer debt to cars, in-flight entertainment systems and city travel guides.
Andy believes that, used responsibly, credit cards are a fantastic, indispensable tool and that John Biggins’ Charge-It, the precursor to what we routinely call “plastic,” remains one of the most amazing inventions in the history of mankind.
Andy's Latest Articles
4 min read Jul 05, 2022
While the BankAmericard offers a lengthier 0 percent Intro APR for balance transfers and new purchases and lower regular APR after that, the Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards has a higher welcome [...]5 min read Jun 17, 2022
Both the U.S. Bank Visa Platinum and Citi Diamond Preferred cards offer an extra-long 0 percent APR for balance transfers and carry no annual fee.5 min read Jun 16, 2022
The Capital One SavorOne card is great for foodies and consumers interested in dining, travel and entertainment.4 min read May 27, 2022
The no-annual-fee Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Card offers great earning rates on food, travel and entertainment, a $200 welcome bonus, easy redemption options and useful lifestyle benefits.4 min read May 26, 2022
The Citi Diamond Preferred has an intro APR offer on balance transfers and no annual fee.4 min read Feb 10, 2022