While MetLife is often recognized and known for selling insurance to employers for employees, they do sell directly to individuals. While, like many insurance companies, they offer auto and home insurance, they also are unique in the fact that they sell dental insurance as well. Explore more information about MetLife insurance quotes, coverage options, discounts, ratings and more.
MetLife car insurance coverage options and discounts
Like most car insurance companies, MetLife offers the basic coverage, which includes:
- Liability protection
- Collision and comprehensive coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Uninsured motorists coverage
- Underinsured motorists coverage
In addition to the basic coverage, you can also request the following for your MetLife insurance quote:
- Rental car coverage: If you have an accident while driving a rental car, this can help cover costs.
- New car replacement: This is a great option if you have a new car or a car with low mileage, offering repairs or full replacement.
- Special parts replacement: The major parts of a car, like the tires and brakes, will be paid for with this coverage.
- Glass repairs without a deductible: Get your windshield crack or chip replaced without your deductible.
- Towing and roadside assistance and labor cost coverage: This will help reimburse any towing or roadside assistance costs.
- Legal defense costs: If you’re sued due to an incident, your legal fees can be reimbursed.
- Deductible savings benefit: Earn cash every year you don’t make a claim to help cover your deductible.
- Defensive driver discount: Complete a qualified driver training course to save money on your MetLife insurance quote, up to 7%.
- Superior driver discounts and MetRewards: If your entire household has exceptional driving records, you can save up to 12%.
- Bundle and save: Combine your auto insurance with home insurance and save up to 10%.
- Good student discount: If your high school or college student has exceptional grades, you can earn up to a 15% discount.
MetLife home insurance coverage options and discounts
- MetLife insurance coverage includes events of tornadoes, hail, fire, theft, vandalism and more. If you experience loss from a certain tragic event or natural disaster, MetLife will replace the items without deduction for depreciation – even if you lose your home.
- Liability coverage means that your legal fees will be reimbursed in the case that you are sued from some incident occurring on your property.
- Every MetLife insurance quote includes Identity Protection Services.
- Get 24/7 MetLife insurance customer service and flexible payment plans with every policy.
- Employer and association discounts: You may be eligible for discounted home insurance through your employer or an association you are a member of.
- Safety discounts: In most states, you can receive a discount if your home has a fire alarm, sprinkler system, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and other fire prevention items. Also, if you have theft prevention items, like deadbolt locks and burglar alarm, your MetLife insurance quote may be discounted.
- Bundle and save discounts: Bundle your auto and home insurance to save up to 10%.
MetLife ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
MetLife ratings from J.D. Power sit right around the middle, compared to other insurance companies. Here are the specific ratings:
- Overall Satisfaction: 3 out of 5
- First Notice of Loss: 3 out of 5
- Estimation Process: 3 out of 5
- Repair Process: 4 out of 5
- Rental Experience: 3 out of 5
- Claims Servicing: 2 out of 5
- Settlement: 3 out of 5
The Better Business BureauⓇ ranks MetLife insurance an A+. Many of the complaints on their website from customers reference poor customer service with a lack of response, but MetLife insurance customer service is actually exceptional, as 24/7 customer service is included with every policy.
Reasons why MetLife is a great option
If you’re looking for decent coverage with 24/7 customer service, MetLife is a good choice. And for the technologically advanced, MetLife also has an app where you can manage your policy, pay bills and more, all from your smartphone. Thanks to all the available discounts, MetLife insurance quotes are fair for those on a budget. If you’re a safe driver, there are plenty of discounts that can be considered when you request your MetLife insurance quote. And if your employer partners with MetLife, you can save big there too.
MetLife insurance quotes vary greatly, depending on the coverage you want and the discounts you qualify for. On average, you can get MetLife insurance for anywhere from $1,293 to $1,778 a year if you have good to exceptional credit. However, this quote can vary greatly, depending on your driving history, credit score, age and so much more.
Additional policies offered by MetLife
MetLife also offers the following insurance policies:
- Accident and Health
Frequently asked questions
How do I file a MetLife insurance claim?
Looking for information on MetLife insurance claims? File a claim online. You will need to sign in, or call MetLife insurance customer service 24/7 to get started.
How do I get a MetLife insurance quote?
Ready for a MetLife insurance quote? You can get a quote online by choosing the insurance policy or policies you need.