If you’re struggling to pay off your credit card balances, a balance transfer can help.
About the author
“I like helping people figure out what cards should be in their wallet. There are so many products out there – it can be overwhelming. And not every card works for every lifestyle. I hope that my articles make the choices clearer for readers.” - Constance Sommer
- Bachelor’s degree in History, U.C. Berkeley
- Master’s in Journalism, University of Missouri
- Professional journalist
- Worked as a staff writer at the Los Angeles Times and The Associated Press, among others
- Writing published in The New York Times, The Washington Post and Vogue, among others.
- Writing about personal finance for CreditCards.com since 2016
Constance Sommer is a professional journalist who started her career in newspapers, working as a staff writer for the Los Angeles Times, The Associated Press, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and a little weekly newspaper called The Acorn. More recently, as a freelance writer, her work has appeared in CreditCards.com, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and Vogue, among others.
- CreditCards.com – How to buy a used car
- CreditCards.com – Guide to Brex: The card for startups
- CreditCards.com – Two? Seven? Twenty? How many credit cards should I have?
- The New York Times – Parents of College Students Worry, Should They Stay or Go?
- The Washington Post – Summer ‘camp’ with the neighborhood teens. Is it worth the risk?
- Los Angeles Times – Shin splints, a nagging injury that doesn’t have to sideline exercise
- To Her Credit – How coronavirus is changing the future of child care
- Vogue – I’m Thrilled My Husband Is Getting the Vaccine—I’m Also Very Jealous
Constance's Latest Articles
5 min read Sep 13, 2021
Average credit card debt varies by state, with Alaskans and those on either coast generally carrying more debt than those living in the midwest.6 min read Jul 12, 2021
Stay one step ahead of the bad guys, and protect your account information.3 min read Oct 24, 2017