Tower Hill Insurance sells private and commercial insurance policies in Florida. The company was founded in 1972 under four core values—choices, confidence, responsiveness and trust. Over the last forty years, Tower Hill has served more than 1.7 million customers and is represented by more than 850 insurance agencies in the state of Florida.
Tower Hill home insurance
Tower Hill believes that “your home is your castle,” regardless of the size, age or architecture. The company offers three tiers of home insurance policies—typical, Premier Plus and Spire. Premier Plus and Spire are designed for high-value homes, and come with a variety of add-on coverages for more protection.
With Tower Hill, you can purchase coverage for your permanent residence or your seasonal or vacation home in Florida.
Types of coverage
Tower Hill offers an impressive lineup of coverages, including a few unique options that you won’t find from other insurance companies. The company also sells three types of flood insurance depending on your home’s flood risk and your budget.
Here are the coverages Tower Hill offers:
- Basic coverage: Tower Hill offers basic coverage for standard homes, including dwelling, personal property, liability, medical payments and loss of use insurance.
- Flood insurance: Homeowners can choose from three types of flood insurance—a private flood insurance policy, a private flood endorsement or an NFIP flood insurance policy.
- Extended replacement cost coverage: With extended replacement cost coverage, you can get 25 percent more coverage for your dwelling with a typical policy or a Prime Plus policy and limits of up to 50 percent with a Spire policy.
- Screened enclosure coverage: If you have a screened-in pool or patio, Tower Hill will pay to replace it after a covered loss.
- Water backup/sump pump overflow coverage: Water backup/sump pump overflow coverage is available for an additional cost with typical and Prime Plus policies.
- AOP deductible waiver: An AOP waiver eliminates your deductible in the event of any major loss other than a hurricane, which is available with Spire policies.
- Debris removal coverage: All three policies include debris removal coverage.
- Landscaping coverage: All three policies include landscaping coverage for 5 percent of your dwelling limit.
- Personal property replacement cost coverage: You can purchase personal property replacement cost coverage for typical or Prime Plus policies.
- Food spoilage: All three policies are eligible for food spoilage coverage if your refrigerator is damaged in a covered event.
- Lock replacement: Lock replacement coverage is included in Prime Plus and Spire policies.
- Animal liability coverage: Typical and Premier Plus policies include $25,000 in animal liability coverage.
- Loss assessment: Loss assessment coverage is available at an added cost for all three policies, and requires a deductible.
- Identity theft/fraud coverage: Tower Hill will cover identity theft and credit fraud expenses if your personal information is stolen.
- Trampoline liability coverage: Typical and Premier Plus policies include $25,000 in trampoline liability coverage, and Spire policies include $100,000 in coverage.
- Diving board coverage: Tower Hill offers diving board and pool slide liability coverage for all three policies.
- Watercraft coverage: If you have a personal watercraft that gets damaged in a covered home claim, Tower Hill will pay to repair or replace it.
Unfortunately, Tower Hill does not disclose much information on its website about discounts. We recommend contacting an agent to find out what unadvertised discounts might be available to you.
Here are the discounts the provider does advertise:
- Home renovation: If you’ve recently renovated or made upgrades to your home, you could qualify for a lower premium.
- Policy bundling: Purchasing two or more insurance policies from Tower Hill can help you save money on your home insurance.
Tower Hill ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
|Organization||Tower Hill rating|
|Better Business Bureau||A+|
|NAIC Complaint Index||5.93|
Tower Hill’s ratings and reviews are mixed to say the least. On the one hand, the company has an A+ rating from the BBB, and an average rating of almost five-stars based on 166 customer reviews.
However, Tower Hill has an extremely high complaint score from the NAIC. The company’s homeowner insurance complaint score is 5.93, compared to the industry-wide complaint average of 1.0. This rating means that Tower Hill has significantly more home insurance complaints than other companies.
When it comes to financial strength, Tower Hill has an A- rating from AM Best, which is excellent. That means the company has enough cash flow to repay homeowners after a covered claim.
Reasons why Tower Hill is a great option
Tower Hill is a good home insurance provider overall, and it’s a fantastic option for people who own high-value homes. The company offers amazing add-on coverages and endorsements, including some unique options, like trampoline liability insurance and diving board and pool slide liability coverage. We like the ability to choose between one of three types of policies depending on the amount of coverage you need, and the amount of money you want to spend on insurance.
Another good thing about Tower Hill is that the company sells three types of flood insurance. You can purchase a private flood insurance policy, a private flood insurance endorsement, or a standard flood policy from the NFIP. A Tower Hill agent can help you figure out which type of flood insurance is best for you and your home.
One of the downsides of Tower Hill Insurance is that coverage is extremely limited. The company only sells property insurance policies in Florida. Another thing to consider is that the company doesn’t include much information on its website about discounts. Local insurance companies often have fewer discounts than national providers, and because of that, you could pay a high rate depending on the amount of coverage you need.
Additional policies offered by Tower Hill
Tower Hill offers property insurance and commercial business insurance policies. Here are the other insurance products you can purchase from Tower Hill:
- Commercial business insurance
- Landlord insurance
- Condo insurance
- Renters insurance
- Mobile home insurance
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Watercraft insurance
Frequently asked questions
What is the best home insurance company?
There isn’t one home insurance company that is the best for every homeowner. The best home insurance company for you depends on the amount of coverage you need, how much money you’re able to spend, and where you live.
What states does Tower Hill Insurance serve?
Tower Hill only sells property insurance in the state of Florida. However, you can buy business insurance from Tower Hill in Florida, Alabama, South Carolina and Texas.
How much does Tower Hill home insurance cost?
Tower Hill doesn’t disclose its insurance prices online. Home insurance rates are highly personalized, and every homeowner pays a slightly different rate based on their age, credit score, zip code, the age of their home, the condition of their home, and more. You can use Tower Hill’s online quote tool to get an instant rate for your home.