Top 10 states for foreclosure September 2011
Foreclosure filings were up less than 1 percent nationally from August to September. According to RealtyTrac, a California-based firm that tracks foreclosures, these 10 states had the highest rates of foreclosure in September. Nationally, 1 in every 605 housing units received a foreclosure filing last month.
Did your state make the top 10 foreclosure list?
Top 10 Foreclosures by State (as of September 2011)
- National foreclosure filing average:1:605 housing units.
- National average foreclosure sales price: $172,353.
|States*||Average price*||Ratio of foreclosures*||Rates*||Income tax*|
|$115,720||1:118||4.22%||No income tax|
|$227,754||1:259||4.18%||Varies from 1.25% to 9.55%|
|$124,505||1:305||4.25%||Varies from 2.59% to 4.54%|
|$124,699||1:352||4.14%||Varies from 1% to 6%|
|$113,885||1:368||4.17%||No income tax|
|$123,117||1:391||4.18%||Varies from 1.6% to 7.8%|
- *States: According to RealtyTrac, these states had the highest rates of foreclosure in September.
- *Average price: The average price of all properties sold during the month that were in some state of foreclosure.
- *Ratio of foreclosures: Ratio is based on the total number of properties entered into RealtyTrac’s database during the month, broken out by type of filing.
- *Rates: Average interest rate charged in the state for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage based on Bankrate.com’s Oct. 18, 2011, overnight averages.
- *Income tax: The range of taxes levied by states on personal income. The tax is based on earned and unearned income.