10 questions to ask prospective financial planners
You're searching for just the right financial planner and you've narrowed your list down. Now you go talk to them. In your preliminary interviews, to see if this is the right planner for you, be sure to ask at least these questions:
10 key questions
- What experience do you have?
- What are your qualifications?
- What services do you offer?
- What is your approach to financial planning?
- Will you be the only person working with me?
- How will I pay for your services?
- How much do you typically charge?
- Could anyone besides me benefit from your recommendations?
- Have you ever been publicly disciplined for any unlawful or unethical actions in your professional career?
- Can I have it in writing?
Source: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards